Absolute idiot...

bigfurbdogg

The festival definitely seemed cleaner over all this year, with much less left behind, which is obviously great to see. However I still saw a fair amount of idiots leaving cans/cups/fag butts/plates etc on the floor, for others to clean up. 

The worst thing I saw though was at the Pryamid stage during Kylie. There were 2 uninterested lads watching with a girl, and one of them was banging on about being desperate for a piss. Instead of just going to the toilets he proceeded to moan for a further 10 minutes before deciding to piss into a plastic water bottle. 

His two mates tried blocking him and in the middle of a crowd of 100k people, in daylight, amongst, kids, families etc he got his old man out and went in this water bottle. His two mates didn’t even seem to care and found the whole thing hilarious.

To top it all off, he just screwed the lid back   on, threw the bottle on the floor, shouted to his mates ‘hate the farm, leave a trace’ and walked off! His mates found it hilarious, I couldn’t believe it. It makes me so said to think people like this come to the festival, they’d obviously heard the festivals message loud and clear but had taken great joy in deliberately acting like this. 

We need some form of 'policing' for this. Name and Shame may work if done in a non confrontational manner. All of the tales on here regarding non respect is making my blood boil. I could of had one of those tickets and these A'holes should of stayed home. ?

If EPO bands are rolled out to all punters over the next few years it would be a great way to police pissing. Bring back the green police, give them a scanner and if they manage to stop someone scan and say one more and you're out. Litter is a bit harder, especially as it can sometimes be accidental (ie something falling out of your pocket when you get your phone out etc). 

I challenged a guy who was going to take a piss up against the wall to the side as you enter the other field from the glade.  He handed his pint to his girlfriend and started walking that way where there were already at least six men pissing.  I said "for fuck's sake" and told him the number one rule was not to pee on the land.  He then tried to tell me that he was going over to remonstrate with the others but he had a big grin on his face and I obviously knew he wasn't going to.  I didn't know what else I could do but it made me mad.

I also challenged a guy for dropping litter when he was literally 3 yards from an empty beer.  He just laughed in my face and said I was too old to be at the festival. Sigh....

13 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

If EPO bands are rolled out to all punters over the next few years it would be a great way to police pissing. Bring back the green police, give them a scanner and if they manage to stop someone scan and say one more and you're out. Litter is a bit harder, especially as it can sometimes be accidental (ie something falling out of your pocket when you get your phone out etc). 

Steady on. We’re coming to Glastonbury to escape that kind of shite. 

The way forward is to shame them. My first year was 2013 I was a lot more laddish then. I went for a piss against a wall and I was properly bollocked by this old hippy woman. I felt ashamed, I was potentially ruining something I had instantly fallen in love with and I genuinely haven’t done it since. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Steady on. We’re coming to Glastonbury to escape that kind of shite. 

The way forward is to shame them. My first year was 2013 I was a lot more laddish then. I went for a piss against a wall and I was properly bollocked by this old hippy woman. I felt ashamed, I was potentially ruining something I had instantly fallen in love with and I genuinely haven’t done it since. 

Yeah, similar story for me at that year’s festival and similarly not done it since. That year there was a lady screaming at all of us that we were ruining the festival, and I must admit it mortified me and my mate who sheepishly had to apologise and walk off. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I shouted out in the toilet block around kylie milie time ... just lost it momentarily with the blue fence pissers !!

Me too. Got laughed at.

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

One of our campmates saw a scene where people were pissing against the urinal fence at the Pyramid and people were slapping the fence to shower them in their own piss.  Sounds like justice to me.

Next time x

Saw two girls before the Cure. Both wearing long floor length dress/cape things. One got what looked like a Mac and cheese cup/bowl and the other held her cape around her. The first girl proceeded to piss in the bowl, stop, empty it out on the ground, and re fill it. Some people were giving them dirty looks and making comments, but they just laughed and waved ? literally broad daylight in the middle of a crowd as well. Some people have no shame..

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Must have been lucky but I barely saw anyone pissing where they shouldn’t have been this year.

Throughout the festival I only saw perhaps 3 or 4, but on the overnight queue once they shuffled us down some time after 4am it was a free for all the other side of the green fencing.  I feel slightly hypocritical as I know this because I was throwing up water back there, I had a migraine combined with some drinking earlier in the night and woke up in the queue at 4am to sprint behind a portaloo and let loose.  There was no chance to get into a portaloo with a queue six deep and any other option would have seen me projectile vomit over people in the queue.  It was not ideal.  Unfortunately migraines always bring vomiting like that for me, just a really inopportune time to get hit and glad I didn't spew over people.  Apologies to anyone at gate A who saw me looking such a state.

30 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Saw two girls before the Cure. Both wearing long floor length dress/cape things. One got what looked like a Mac and cheese cup/bowl and the other held her cape around her. The first girl proceeded to piss in the bowl, stop, empty it out on the ground, and re fill it. Some people were giving them dirty looks and making comments, but they just laughed and waved ? literally broad daylight in the middle of a crowd as well. Some people have no shame..

Think I saw this. If it was the same group that I saw (gold cape girl in the middle of the field a fair way back) I was particularly shocked as the crowd was so sparse, getting to the loo and back could be done super fast. 

Saw a woman in The Woods let her child take a piss on the only available bit of shade next to us. I should have said something but I was feeling pretty unwell from the heat so couldn't be bothered with any confrontation. Had to spend the next half hour sat there telling everyone who came over delighted to have found some shade they shouldn't sit on the grass by there.

Walking towards the blue urinals at the back during Kylie - I did lose the glastonbury spirit. So many chairs not sat on but still out. The red mist descended when across the direct entrance to the loos some twerp had a line of pink chairs, saw me approaching, straightened them and held them. Ugh, sorry, but I picked the thing up, he lost his beer and we had a moment.

My fault, but crikey I hate lines of chairs with no one on them during sets.