karlpowell

Had a decent burger from Rad Burger opposite No Bones Jones with Rosemary Fries.

Also a good lentil and chickpea curry with masala fries from an Indian Street Food Place up by Avalon.

I also got given some little meatball things in a wrap by a girl who didn't want them, I thought they were nice and was looking to see if you could get other kinds in other flavours as they had potential to be top notch. Think she said they were called "moo moos"  I had a look around to see if could find them, not sure if they have a proper name anyone?

I bought a No Bones Jones cookbook while there. Hugh, the owner, signed it and was very keen to talk about it, really lovely guy as well. Made the lentil, spinach and chickpea curry last night for Her Indoors, it was amazing. It's not a million miles from a curry I've been making for years so I wasn't expecting such results, but I think it's the blend of spices and ingredients, unbelievably well balanced out. Looking forward to having a crack at the rest of it.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you should have tried their halloumi fries!

The squid next door was fab too.

Was yeah. Pricey mind you, 7 quid for a cone. Although I suppose thats what you'd pay in a restaurant for a squid starter. 

Pissed off I didnt get a soft shell crab burger from the place en route to Bread and Roses from the Pyramid. Looked great.

The Vegan Katsu Curry at the 'Vegan Fried Chicken' stand between Pyramid and Other was my highlight. Had it twice!

I thought I'd try a vegan weekend this year having never done it before for even a day, and it was the easiest thing I've ever done. Thanks to Glasto of course.

Edited by EamerRed

I have 1 every year, but think le grand bouffe was my favourite thing.

Had lovely fish tacos (semi near William's green), though as much as they tasted brilliant didn't feel full up after spending a tenner which is frustrating.

Also really enjoyed a burrito from place next to west Holt's, which was very filling.

Also found the orange falafel van was surprisingly good (I had mine in the park, but think there were a few dotted about)

Had a few disappointing meals including a place that seemed to be trying to copy me grand bouffe near the pyramid, but which was no where near as good.

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Pissed off I didnt get a soft shell crab burger from the place en route to Bread and Roses from the Pyramid. Looked great.

Crabbieshack? It was....OK. Not as good as you'd want it to be. Don't beat yourself up for missing that one.

Was mostly underwhelmed by the food I had at Glasto. Had a burrito from Luardos which was nice but not life changing as a food blog I read alluded to. Had a couple of burgers that were nice but general run of the mill stuff. Nicest thing I had surprisingly was fully loaded nachos from the worthy view Mexican place. Worst thing I had was also nachos but from a place called Badass (or Deadass) Burritos in Silver Hayes Sunday night. Soggy tomatoes, wet grated cheese, bland basic tortilla chips & no guac, awful.