karlpowell

Hats off to the incomparable Truly Crumptious. Lush Marmite crumpets.

I also had Cajun chicken with Cajun fries and blue cheese sauce from the yellow van in WH, lovely.

Rockabilly Chilli did awesome dirty chilli cheese Nacho's for a fiver which sooooo tasty and a total bargain.

Biggest disappointment was the arancini from the place by Greenpeace. A big saliva sapping ball of stodge. It was the Sunday night so may have been the dregs. 

Happy Maki and an pineapple, orange and ginger smoothie on Sunday morning sorted me right out.

Was also surprised by how good the pad thai place was facing other stage. Didn't eat much this year, didn't fancy it in the heat so ended up having about 5 meals on Sunday ?

20190630_124646.jpg

received_2049292022045395.jpeg

20 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Is the cheese truck still around? Haven't seen it around this year - it's usually at every festival I go to. 

There was one at the very top of the Pyramid field.

Finally got round to having a burrito from the Tor Rugby Club stall next to the Cider Bus... it did not disappoint.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Best was the No Bones Jones platter of the chickpea and lentil curry with a ton of fritters. Amazing.

Agreed, was the best food I had all weekend too.

Had a good burger at the place on the track from JP down to the Beat Hotel, can't remember the name of it but the burgers had killers themed names.

Also had an amazing curry chip on way home to CV West one night after Pangea. It was actually probably complete garbage, but I was so pissed and hadn't eaten since about 2pm that it was amazing.

Only food I had that wasn't great was Pad Thai, somewhere near West Holt's I think, can't recall the place but I think they had a sign saying 'we only do Pad Thai'.

I was delighted with the toastie place on the way up to William's Green for having plenty of gluten-free bread available.  I was struggling to eat much with the heat so being able to snack on a sandwich was fab.  Plenty of choice for fillings too.

Edited by Seldom Seen Kid

Had a lovely Salmon burger from a place called leap.

Also 7 veggie dishes for £10 form a Lebanese Mezze place.

Had some nice squid as well from the place by the other.

Did anyone try the Vegan fried chicken? The queue was always hench and I’d normally eaten by the time I wandered past and remembered it was there.

Being a pesci/veggie I’m utterly spoilt being at Glastonbury, it sucks coming back into the real world. 

I think my best was the place in William's Green doing Salt Marsh Lamb tagine. Lovely. Also good were the Tor Valley Rugby Club burritos, Leon's vegetarian curry and his salad and the Tagine place near Left Field.

Most disappointed with the Chili Dog in William's Green. Not proper chili. Just their Phili Steak with hot jalapenos on top.

Oh yeah, the pizzas in WG were good. Yes I did eat a lot.

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

The salad place next door, name escapes me, was also delicious. 

Phat salads. It was very nice although not terribly filling. 

I'll be honest I ate quite well but felt that the prices were high or the portions were small for the price most of the time. I know The Gravy Train's Poutine seems to divide opinion but I thought it was excellent and they had amazing pancakes for breakfast as well. 

I tried the poutine from Le Rac Shack as well to compare and it was ok but nowhere near as good. 

I had some lovely paneer pancakes from the Bangra Bus as well. 

My husband and I shared a lot of meals to try more stuff. He tried both Burger Bear and Eat The Farm burgers and declared Eat The Farm the winner by miles. 

Think my most filling meal for the price was from The Peckish Peacock which is just as well because I was bloody starving by the time I had it. 

Goan Fish Curry (Mackerel) fab as always. No Bones Jones fritters and salads (healthy). Falafel Mama (Greenfields) delicious and generous. Flavours of Africa (WH) - the fried plantain was to die for. Also had a great burger in The Park, can’t remember the stall. And the annual tradition - a Burrito from Tor Rugby  Club next to the Cider Bus - generous, excellent value and supports local rugby ? xx

There was a pakora place up at The Park that was great, got it with a curry and roti for £8.

The samosa place near The Other was great, but the different flavours all tasted quite similar to me.

And both the Toastie and Poutine places on the route between Pyramid + Other were also delicious

There was an amazing katsu curry place somewhere. I went to it three times. It tasted pretty authentic to me, and came with great pickled toppings on top of the standard chicken/rice/curry element. I assume it was somewhere near William's Green as that was my standard route down from/  back to ped gate B. Hope it's there again next year. 

I also second the poutine. F'kin' amazing drunk food. I used to cynically moan that it was just overpriced, gimmicky chips, cheese and gravy, but now I'm one fully converted Northerner. They were great on sorting out people with food allergies/intolerances too. 

Was also wondering where Linda’s loaf was - anyone find it?

We tried a fair whack (wife and I combined);

Paella by Williams Green - unreal as stated in here by numerous 

Eat the Farm’s Breakfast bap near The Taproom - had it twice, best value I found £5 for a massive fresh sausage/bacon/egg/cheese brioche

Hog Roast across from Bread And Roses - always get it since been going to Glasto - top notch

Duck wrap by west holts - not the cheapest but good size and fresh veg. 

Piggie Smalls by West Holts - had before but still solid, garlic butter fries too runny though

greek chicken kebab towards Beat Hotel from Pyramid - huge portion, loads of hummus too

Truly Scrumptious Crumpets - cheese and beans with paprika - YES

Gravy Train’s Poutine across from Leftfield - awesome combos, big portions, massive food coma 

della(?)’s bakery towards acoustic from WG - nice flapjack and sausage roll

Wish I tried:

Wingmans chicken burger by Hare Krishna towards Silver Hayes - any good?

diamond dogs in silver hayes - anyone?

sourdough pizza and a chicken burrito - where’s the best ones?? 

58C419AD-8CDE-4256-89CF-0E2BBE806BDF.jpeg

A5F83682-2000-449C-A00D-93F8B228263B.jpeg