karlpowell

Favourites: Burrito to the right of Other Stage, Welsh Oggie, Wood Fire pizza (can't remember where)

Worst: Food tent near JP between water station and lockup. Me and the Mrs have bad food poisoning after some Monday morning sausage sandwiches (which were shit tasting too)

Edited by e9t3

23 minutes ago, karlpowell said:

What was your favourite food?  Mine had to be the Goan fish curry at West Holts

I’ve had it as my first meal purely because my mates were raving about it for years and to be fair it was curry. Nothing special about it.

Jerk chicken place opposite Wow in Silver Hayes on the other hand...best meal I’ve had! Ohhhh and fish and chips in SH as well.

Edited by Jay89

One thing I’ve learned in all my years is to avoid anything served in bread. Thus I had some cracking meals this year. The Tibetan place and Skewered In WG and Felafel from Glebeland were highlights. 

Edited by redrog

Poutine!

Only thing we had twice. First time we had it drunk and didn't stop talking about it for two hours, second time sober and it was just as good. 10/10.

Almost felt bad for the boys as it often had really long queues, when we ordered on Sunday the guy taking the orders looked sooooo tired. He even got the price wrong and we ended up telling him how much we should actually be paying (like £9 difference), usually I'd just jump at the opportunity to pay less if they mess up but for some reason just felt like they deserved every last penny. 

Toppings combo that we considered perfect, Chips, Cheese Curds, Beef Gravy, Caramelised Red Onion and Mapled Bacon.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-01 at 19.30.55.jpeg

2 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

The Sausage Roll stand near that road up to the Circus tent was brilliant.

I had a damn tasty sausage roll stumbling around the site just after 01:00 on Fri trying to find my way back to Bushy Ground, if it was the same then I agree.

The purple stalls that sold curry (can't quite remember the name, one just as you enter The Park), also really tasty.

Welsh Oggie was insane - the size of the thing for just a £5!

Had some great food this year, although always more things I wanted to try than got time to...

Dosa with onion bhaji on the side (so good I had it twice!)

Crumble! Such a lovely pre-Cure treat, amazing with the roasted nut topping...

Garlic mushrooms and bread from The Garlic Farm 

And the old faithful Oli's Halloumi Cones and No Bone Jones. Bought a cookbook at the latter and they insisted No Bones himself come out and sign it. Was a lovely moment.

Oh and the tempura noodles at West Holts are a long-standing Wednesday tradition.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Had the “chicken” sushi roll from the Vegan Maki stall in Williams Green on Saturday. That was really good. The pizza from the Wood Fired Pizza still I had on Thursday was not.  They were crazy busy and obviously rushing them out, because the cheese and toppings were melted together but not into the sauce/base, so it all came off when tried to pick up a slice. Crispy squid and chorizo from Kraken was great too although the portion was pretty small for seven quid. 

I always like No Bones Jones, but this year because it was so hot on the saturday (and I didn't want to eat hot food while that hot) ended up trying the Vegetarian sushi thing (Sushi Happy Maki) in Williams Green (think it used to be in West Holts). I've never had sushi in my life because it's too small, but this was a hefty roll/wrap and was very delicious (I had the one with vegetarian crispy chicken, sweet potato etc.)

Think they have a place in Brighton for those that live there:

https://www.happymaki.co.uk

Edited by Mr.Tease

Best was the No Bones Jones platter of the chickpea and lentil curry with a ton of fritters. Amazing.

The crumble stall came a close second, went there twice! And obviously Anna Mae's.

Worst was Big Fat Cow burger by Other stage. Only food I've thrown away unfinished in 7 visits to the farm. 

Biggest let down was Le Rac Shack. Just didn't seem as good as previous years, can't put my finger on why. See also Chapati Man's paneer tikka wrap. More like a flatbread than a chapati, and the spice blend just tasted all over the place.

Didn't really do food justice this year, must try harder in 2020.

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

Poutine!

Only thing we had twice. First time we had it drunk and didn't stop talking about it for two hours, second time sober and it was just as good. 10/10.

Almost felt bad for the boys as it often had really long queues, when we ordered on Sunday the guy taking the orders looked sooooo tired. He even got the price wrong and we ended up telling him how much we should actually be paying (like £9 difference), usually I'd just jump at the opportunity to pay less if they mess up but for some reason just felt like they deserved every last penny. 

Toppings combo that we considered perfect, Chips, Cheese Curds, Beef Gravy, Caramelised Red Onion and Mapled Bacon.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-01 at 19.30.55.jpeg

It's a fucking disgrace calling that Poutine. To be fair, I've never seen anything resembling poutine in Europe or, indeed, outside Quebec. But I know a few Montrealers who'd go batshit over the crap people get away with.

Jerk at Park was better than the others. The Mac and Cheese was a total rip but Anna Mae's still the best. A copy cat on the road from Leftfield to WH looked utterly shocking.

The pizza between Glade and Leftfield was also an utter pisstake. If I can make a better cornicone at home than they can with a brick oven something is seriously wrong.

There was also a burger place between Arcadia and train tracks that was selling 50% gristle for £6. The old greasy burger place between WH and Other was half the price and 5x better.

One thing that was annoying was I saw at least half a dozen places doing food for a fiver but not actually advertising it...

Edited by dulcificum

1 hour ago, spcdust said:

Leon (not the chain) Vegetarian food stall at West Holts.

Yep. This was my favourite. Was wandering around on Tuesday and was one of the few food stalls open so thought would give it a go. Lovely bloke and yummy food 

Generally all the food I had was tasty from curries to simple chip butty. The paella place in green fields was probably my least favourite as it was just OK but still perfectly edible. And whilst I enjoyed Sam's pies up in the Park I didn't think they were the best value.