Toilets

dulcificum

Who on earth would agree to work cleaning the bloody bogs at Glastonbury? You would have to be some kind of masochist to even consider that awful job.

I have always preferred portaloos at festivals, rather than hippy compost toilets that are all the rage now. The main reason being, when im tripping my billy bollocks off its nice to just go into a toilet that closes, and have 5 minutes respite. You feel like you can take stock of yourself, and calm down a bit, before going out into the madness again. You can also do more Ketamine in peace, without some busybody taking an interest. Finally, if you have a particularly bad shite which goes all over the seat, its very funny to watch the reaction of the person who goes in after you. They open the door, go in for 10 seconds, then come out with their hand over their face looking truly horrified!

13 minutes ago, uscore said:

Is there a way to mute people on here?

Yup. Hover over the profile against the entry and it brings up a little pop up window. Option there to ignore user.

Or you can go to your own settings and there's an option for Ignored Users.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

LOL,  That was me administering the First Aid.  One of the most comical moments of the week If I am honest.  He  wouldn't take any Savlon off me in case it prevented further substance ingestion ?

Made even more amusing by the fact that they were full on Scouse rum lads and I'm from Manchester.  His mate kept hugging me whilst I was trying to deal with the narcs casualty.  Still makes me laugh typing this now.

Yes, I can honestly say, having been on  Military Operations all over the world in very hot and terrifying places, I have seen worse toilets on combat ops.  The 6am Saturday morning shift is pretty hellish as nobody has been into clean the toilets since maybe 23:00 the night before.  would be nice to unsee some of that but overall, it was not that much of an ordeal.

Ha, nice to make your online acquaintance! I forgot about his exceptionally happy mate coming around looking for you to hug you :D

My mate and I were really impressed with your toilets, definitely the best on site that we used!

The 6am shift was pretty bad, although we found that the noon on Sunday shift had more sights as the morning team had condemned a lot of our ones, so by the time we got to them a few hours later and had a look to see how bad they were, a lot had got burnt on in the heat. Our worst shift was the 6pm-midnight shift though, trying to manage the hordes that descended on Silver Hayes and refused to wait was almost impossible. I think I said somewhere above that I got pushed and shouted out while trying to do the urinals. Rather unpleasant indeed!

4 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

It does sound very traumatic, I'm glad nothing like that has happened again, and I'm glad you survived the experience! 

Thanks Mr.Tease - appreciated.

However, after writing the post, I realised that I forgot about the time when a load of skin heads got on the bus. We (me and my mates) were on the top deck of the bus. These skinheads came upstairs and just started to kick the shit out of us. I say us, but it was actually everybody around me that was getting done in, and nobody was doing anything to me. I remonstrated with one skin head who was kicking one of my mates heads around like a football (blood squirting up the bus windows, the lot!). The skinhead just turned to look at me, and the next thing I know is that he's kicked me right in my privates. I'm not ashamed to say it was at that point that the piss I'd been holding on to, decided not to stay inside me anymore ie - yes, i wet myself - again!!

Anyway, by this time somebody had informed the driver. He did a very brave act. He parked the bus next to a parked car right outside Acocks Green police station (in Birmingham). He then continually honked his horn to attract the police. Then the skinheads forced the doors open, and clambered out by climbing on top of the parked car. The police did hurry out, but were too late to stop them.

They were savage bastards, and I mean savage. 

Now, that really is it on the getting throttled / being beaten up front. Or, at least i think it is! I certainly can't recall any other incidences. So, twice in all my 53 years. Not a bad hit ratio, I guess.

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Yup. Hover over the profile against the entry and it brings up a little pop up window. Option there to ignore user.

Or you can go to your own settings and there's an option for Ignored Users.

Thanks that information has proved very useful.