What was your running order?

Brownie30

One of many of the most incredible things that crossed my mind one night about Glastonbury is how thousands of people can converge on one site, and yet have entirely different weekends from one another, but still almost all have the most incredible time imaginable. With all these threads about best sets / flops etc, how did your running order end up over the weekend, and was it close / far from what you had planned on Clashfinders etc? I'll kick off with my condensed weekend: 

Wednesday: General bimble, up to the fireworks at The Park, wander round the SE Corner 

Thursday: Bar crawl across the site for our friend's birthday, followed by the night in the SE Corner, mainly Block 9, plus New York Brass Band in Shangri-La.

Friday: Pip Blom (JPT) > Mo (OS) > The Wombats (OS) > Sundara Karma (WG) > Haelos (WG) > Two Door Cinema Club (OS) > Tame Impala (OS) > Mystery Jets (RH) > Wormhole and up the Ribbon Tower.

Saturday: The Proclaimers (PS) > Maggie Rogers (OS) > Lewis Capaldi (OS) > Sigrid (OS) > Liam Gallagher (PS) > Hot Chip (Park) > Tried to get into Glade, too busy so danced the night away at The Brother's Bar (Parma Violet's cider is dangerously tasty).

Sunday: Jeff Goldblum (WH) > Dermot Kennedy (JPT) > Kylie (PS) > Miley (PS) > Friendly Fires (JPT) > Christine and the Queens (OS) > One final bimble around the site before taking in the views from our camp in Big Ground.

Spent considerably more time at the Other Stage than 2017, and more than I expected. Only four major must sees before the fest were Hot Chip, Haelos, Friendly Fires and Christine and the Queens, all of whom were fantastic. Special mentions to Dermot Kennedy, Mystery Jets and Maggie Rogers all of which were great! All in all a stellar weekend, how did your running orders look? 

Edited by Brownie30

I thought I saw a lot less than usual this year because of the heat and bigger than usual crowds

Friday was Lewis Capaldi, The Wombats, King Princess then Fatboy Slim. Lots of wandering round for drink stops and shade in various bars in between plus a long snooze up at the pier ‘beach’

Saturday - Fantastic Negrito, Maggie Rogers, Slowthai, Lizzo, Sigrid, The Killers and a bit of Chem Bros

Sunday - Slaves, Babymetal, Kylie, Loyle Carner, Billie Eilish, Little Simz, Janelle Monae

Had a pretty relaxed one.

Nik Turner and Friends (Mandala Stage) -> Irvine Welsh (Stonebridge) -> Youth & Gaudi (Glade) -> Lorraine (Glade Lounge) -> Jon Hopkins (BBC Music Introducing) -> Giant Swan (The Spike)

Pip Blom (John Peel Stage) -> Bjorn Again (Pyramid Stage) -> Acid Mothers Temple (West Holts Stage) -> Frank Turner  (BBC Music Introducing) -> The Comet Is Coming (West Holts Stage) -> Aurora (John Peel Stage) -> Jon Hopkins (West Holts Stage) -> Carl Cox B2B Jamie Jones (Arcadia's Pangea) -> Charlotte De Witte (Arcadia's Pangea)

Actual Heatstroke -> She Drew the Gun (John Peel Stage) -> Sons of Kemet (The Park Stage) -> Foals (The Park Stage) -> Kurt Vile & the Violators (The Park Stage) -> Kate Tempest (The Park Stage) -> The Chemical Brothers (Other Stage) -> Tripswitch (Glade Lounge)

Kokoroko (West Holts Stage) -> Cassetteboy vs DJ Rubbish (Glade) -> Loyle Carner (Other Stage) -> Grouch in Dub (Glade) -> The Cure (Pyramid Stage) -> Lee Gamble (Iicon) -> Elvana (Truth Stage) -> Max Cooper AV (The Gas Tower)

18 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

How brilliant were Haelos ? Smallish crowd really which surprised me. They were on the Other Stage a few years back early morning and they were great then.  Thought their appeal would have spread a bit more 

Absolutely magnificent, third time I've seen them now and they get better and better. Seemed to me like most of the crowd at first were there on a whim / a way of ducking in for some shade and they'd won them round and got most people dancing and cheering within about 3 tracks of starting.

Wednesday - Went for a wander round the site and took in a few bars then the stone circle for fireworks

Thursday - Park Area - Stonebridge bar - Baggy Mondays - Elvana - Guilty Pleasures

Friday - Vaccines (Other) - Lukas Nelson & the Promise of the Real (Park) - Craig Charles - Smoove and Turrell (Hell) - The Charlatans (Other) - Idles (Park) - Interpol (JPT)

Saturday - Vampire Weekend (Park) - She Drew the Gun (JPT) - Gerry Cinnamon (JPT) - Johnny Marr (Other)- Liam Gallagher (Pyramid) - The Courteeners (Other)  - Chemical Brothers (Other)

Sunday - She Drew the Gun (Greenpeace) - Jeff Goldblum (West Holts) - Fat White Family (Park) - The Good The Bad and The Queen (Park)  - Friendly Fires (JPT)  - The Cure (Pyramid) 

Wednesday - Mik Artistik, EFestivals Meet, Grace Savage

Thursday - The Beaubowbelles, The Portraits, part of Josephine and the Artizans, Keston Cobblers Club, Part of Land of the Giants, New York Brass Band, Lounge Kittens and Tankus The Henge

Friday - Bjorn Again, Grace Petrie, Lucy Rose, King Princess, Soak, Idles, Michael Kiwanuka, Part of Frank Turner but couldn't get close enough to hear properly so went to see Professor Elemental and the Caravan of Lost Souls

Saturday - Started by watching a song of Cat Empire for my friend who wasn't there then onto part of The Proclaimers set for my husband and then onto Avalon for Cut Capers, Mattiel, Love Synth Orchestra, End of Slowthai, Lizzo, Neneh Cherry, end of Kurt Vile, Kate Tempest, Chemical Brothers

Sunday - Lankum Choir, Mavis Staples, She Drew The Gun (acoustic Greenpeace), One song of Jeff Goldblum etc,David Attenborough, Palace, Fat White Family, Fontaines DC (Leftfield), Part of Vampire Weekend, Dave and The Cure

Would have probably had a totally different festival if it hadn't been so hot. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Thursday - The Beaubowbelles, The Portraits, part of Josephine and the Artizans, Keston Cobblers Club, Part of Land of the Giants, New York Brass Band, Lounge Kittens and Tankus The Henge

Completely forgot about catching Josephine and the Artizans! A thoroughly unusual yet weirdly enjoyable mix of styles - I still don't know what to make of it.

5 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Completely forgot about catching Josephine and the Artizans! A thoroughly unusual yet weirdly enjoyable mix of styles - I still don't know what to make of it.

I really loved it. One of my friends is a big opera fan so definitely going to recommend them to her. 

Wednesday - mainly wandering around, trying to see as much of the site as possible before things went crazy.    Also saw Johnny Lloyd at Greenpeace.

Thursday - Tensheds (Greenpeace) - Beans on Toast (Greenpeace) - Will Varley (Greenpeace) - Ultimate Power (WG) - The Big Moon (WG) - Pale Waves (WG) - Rum Buffalo (Truth) - Denzel Curry (Truth) - Shangri La/Iicon

Friday - Pip Blom (JP) - Mahalia (JP) - Sheryl Crow (Py) - King Princess (Park) - Rosalia (JP) - Jorja Smith (WH) - Stormzy (Py) 

Saturday - Proclaimers (Py) - Sports Team (WG) - Gerry Cinnamon (JP) - Snapped Ankles (WG) - Slowthai (WH) - Janet Jackson (Py) - Sharon Van Etten (JP) - Courteeners (O) - The Killers (Py) - Riz Ahmed (Blues/Gully)

Sunday - Eyre Llew (JP) - Alma (JP) - Koffee (Park) - Kylie (Py) - Miley Cyrus (Py) - Vampire Weekend (Py) - Janelle Monae (WH) - Buttoned Down Disco (WG)