Celebrity spotting 2020

ogriff

On 7/2/2019 at 8:20 PM, ourkid1984 said:

Wouldn't say he's a celebrity but bumped into Will Varley on his way up to Strummersvile to see Frank Turner after we had failed to get in. 

Of course he's a celeb to those of us who think so. I'd be chuffed bumping into him.

I met Jaz Delorean on the railway line Wednesday evening, and again early hours of Thursday in the Marketplace. He was riding a very old bicycle the second time. Lovely fella he is.

14 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Of course he's a celeb to those of us who think so. I'd be chuffed bumping into him.

I met Jaz Delorean on the railway line Wednesday evening, and again early hours of Thursday in the Marketplace. He was riding a very old bicycle the second time. Lovely fella he is.

Oh don't get me wrong I was massively chuffed to have bumped into him. I'm a big Will Varley fan but just consider celebrities to be more well known to the general public.

I thought I saw Jaz as well, can't remember which day. Think it was in the Avalon area.

5 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

Oh don't get me wrong I was massively chuffed to have bumped into him. I'm a big Will Varley fan but just consider celebrities to be more well known to the general public.

I thought I saw Jaz as well, can't remember which day. Think it was in the Avalon area.

He was wearing a red jumpsuit when I saw him.

Any one I am in awe of is a celebrity in my eyes.

34 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

He was wearing a red jumpsuit when I saw him.

Any one I am in awe of is a celebrity in my eyes.

I probably didn't see Jaz then. The guy who I saw had shorts and a flowery shirt on. Looked a lot like him though.

I did but then I got fed up with people responding to me seeing/meeting someone with a "who's that? Never heard of them." But then showing no interest in finding out who they are.

7 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

I probably didn't see Jaz then. The guy who I saw had shorts and a flowery shirt on. Looked a lot like him though.

I did but then I got fed up with people responding to me seeing/meeting someone with a "who's that? Never heard of them." But then showing no interest in finding out who they are.

I doubt he had a red jumpsuit on all weekend ;)  They did play Avalon on Friday morning. He's very distinctive looking so it probably was him.

My Glasto buddy didn't have a clue who anyone was that I bumped into but she's keen to learn and enjoys discovering new bands I take her to. Bless her she even missed Kylie to come and see Skinny Lister.

Edited by Curlygirl

9 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I doubt he had a red jumpsuit on all weekend ;)  They did play Avalon on Friday morning. He's very distinctive looking so it probably was him.

My Glasto buddy didn't have a clue who anyone was that I bumped into but she's keen to learn and enjoys discovering new bands I take her to. Bless her she even missed Kylie to come and see Skinny Lister.

Haha no probably not. Whoever I saw it was on the Thursday night I think.

I went with my wife and dad and although my wife is fairly clued up with acts I like and she likes a fair few of them. My dad is stuck in about 1982 with who he likes but he is happy to give anything a go so I was happy that we all were happy to see Skinny Lister who were fantastic as usual!

Here's a picture of my wife and dad with Will Varley. I am gutted I didn't get a picture with him.

IMG_20190627_202735.jpg

On 7/3/2019 at 1:21 PM, Smeble said:

How much of a celebrity do you have to be to not have to bother with refreshing like mad on a Sunday morning in October? And how many tickets get taken out of the pot for them?

I reckon Tom Watson and low-level famouses like that probably F5 like the rest of us, and people like Caroline Lucas and Billie Piper obvs get in on performer passes, but most of them just cough up for hospitality tickets innit. No way Becks or James Corden can be bothered leaving it up to chance.

Was reading an article on it and apparently one of the ‘perks’ you get for paying big £££ for VIP tickets is access to the shortcut path between the Pyramid and Other Stage - I wonder if they realise that disabled wristbanders and Oxfam stewards are free to stroll though there at will too :D 

43 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

Haha no probably not. Whoever I saw it was on the Thursday night I think.

I went with my wife and dad and although my wife is fairly clued up with acts I like and she likes a fair few of them. My dad is stuck in about 1982 with who he likes but he is happy to give anything a go so I was happy that we all were happy to see Skinny Lister who were fantastic as usual!

Here's a picture of my wife and dad with Will Varley. I am gutted I didn't get a picture with him.

IMG_20190627_202735.jpg

He is so lovely!! Why didn't you get in on the photo? Next time I'm sure you'll accost him and get a selfie.

Oh so you were at  Skinny Lister too? They were bloody brilliant, I met Lorna as usual after the gig whilst the boys were packing away their equipment. Don't suppose you were in there for Lucy Spraggan prior to SL?

31 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

He is so lovely!! Why didn't you get in on the photo? Next time I'm sure you'll accost him and get a selfie.

Oh so you were at  Skinny Lister too? They were bloody brilliant, I met Lorna as usual after the gig whilst the boys were packing away their equipment. Don't suppose you were in there for Lucy Spraggan prior to SL?

Really nice guy. I was in a bit of a daze and it was all a whirlwind so just didn't think to ask for me. I have had a photo with him before so at least I've got that. 

Skinny Lister are so good. Perfect for a festival. We left straight after to hear Fontaines DC. We were sat outside while Lucy Spraggan was on. She sounded like she has improved a lot since a few years ago when I last saw her.

9 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

Really nice guy. I was in a bit of a daze and it was all a whirlwind so just didn't think to ask for me. I have had a photo with him before so at least I've got that. 

Skinny Lister are so good. Perfect for a festival. We left straight after to hear Fontaines DC. We were sat outside while Lucy Spraggan was on. She sounded like she has improved a lot since a few years ago when I last saw her.

Lucy has massively improved. More to do with confidence I think. I really like her. I actually took my lifesize cardboard cutout for her to sign :) (My mother bought me it for Christmas... I think as a joke)

59 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Lucy has massively improved. More to do with confidence I think. I really like her. I actually took my lifesize cardboard cutout for her to sign :) (My mother bought me it for Christmas... I think as a joke)

That is amazing! Hope you got it signed. I bet that was a pain carrying it around so I hope it was worth it.

6 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

That is amazing! Hope you got it signed. I bet that was a pain carrying it around so I hope it was worth it.

It got signed. Security on the barrier looked after her all day and I stuck her in the lockups after. I also met her brother and his girlfriend and lucys parents neighbours and gained an unreleased cd so it was well worth it. Oh, and I made another one of her videos and Instagram page:wub: I'm a lucky lass.

Edited by Curlygirl

On 7/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, robillustrates said:

I swear unless i'm with certain friends who spot these people a mile away walking around us I tend to not notice anyone at all unless it's really obvious like Jarvis Cocker.

Talking of which - I didn’t see him this year; have done nearly every other year!

10 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I reckon Tom Watson and low-level famouses like that probably F5 like the rest of us, and people like Caroline Lucas and Billie Piper obvs get in on performer passes, but most of them just cough up for hospitality tickets innit. No way Becks or James Corden can be bothered leaving it up to chance.

Was reading an article on it and apparently one of the ‘perks’ you get for paying big £££ for VIP tickets is access to the shortcut path between the Pyramid and Other Stage - I wonder if they realise that disabled wristbanders and Oxfam stewards are free to stroll though there at will too :D 

Not really, but it works sometimes 

9 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

That was you with the cut out then? That was brilliant! I'd never seen Lucy before, but I thought she was fantastic. Well worth sacking off Kylie for.

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

It got signed. Security on the barrier looked after her all day and I stuck her in the lockups after. I also met her brother and his girlfriend and lucys parents neighbours and gained an unreleased cd so it was well worth it. Oh, and I made another one of her videos and Instagram page:wub: I'm a lucky lass.

That is amazing and nice of the security to do that. What a fantastic last day of the festival.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:12 PM, Spindles said:

Lad basically got famoused out of going to uni and living a normal life, I think he hates the attention.

He was at University of Birmingham at the same time as my son who looked spookily like him. Any Uni events my lad went to he got mobbed by people who genuinely believed it was Brann even when he insisted it wasn't.

Isaac-Hempstead-Wright--GL-21sep17_getty_b.thumb.jpg.12ca84a09fbe35f2c4126ad834d3f288.jpg912076904_gandp.thumb.png.8a4c525fa2458708ef3b0ffc0fab338b.png

14 hours ago, deepkittycaz said:

That was you with the cut out then? That was brilliant! I'd never seen Lucy before, but I thought she was fantastic. Well worth sacking off Kylie for.

It most certainly was. I just woke up one morning thinking it would be a brilliant idea. I did feel a little bit like a stalker tho :ph34r:

• Upvote 1