Celebrity spotting 2020

ogriff

6 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

I have the best celeb sighting to beat all celeb sightings.The little chubby Welsh fella Pancho from Dirty Sanchez ??

You win.

Did you twat him with a skateboard and run off giggling?

22 hours ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Saw Michael Eavis in his jeep at Avalon while Blue Aeroplanes were on. 

To to turn it on it’s head, I had 1 lady insist I was F1’s Mark Webber up in the park ?

Maybe it was you stood next to me at the pyramid in ‘17 and not mark webber then! My ‘celebs’ I spot always turn out to be not celebs.

I saw Jo Brand. My husband saw Michael and Emily Eavis. I'll be honest I could have seen most of the people mentioned in this thread and I wouldn't notice. They would have to be pretty distinctive looking for me to spot them as I am terrible with faces anyway. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

2 hours ago, Quark said:

2 hours ago, Quark said:

You win.

Did you twat him with a skateboard and run off giggling?

No but I shaved his head down the middle and squirted tomato sauce on his head to give him a Gorbachev ?

Edited by Field of Avalon

18 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Can also confirm we saw Martin in the Green Fields on Wednesday  - he was in a white shirt, looking very happy with life. As were we.

Caroline Lucas was my my only other famous spot, also in the Green Fields as we decided between Jon Hopkins and Fatboy Slim on Friday

Me and my friend went to the craft fields on Thursday to have a go at making a silver bangle. The workshop is a group of 4... Martin was in our group of 4. My ma is as jealous as hell! ? He was actually a really nice guy who obviously loves the place as much as we do 

Just now, Digi said:

Me and my friend went to the craft fields on Thursday to have a go at making a silver bangle. The workshop is a group of 4... Martin was in our group of 4. My ma is as jealous as hell! ? He was actually a really nice guy who obviously loves the place as much as we do 

thats good to know and conflicting with other people who met him previously ... must have been his best one ever :) 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats good to know and conflicting with other people who met him previously ... must have been his best one ever :) 

I think it might have helped that we just chatted to him normally like we didn't have a fucking clue who he was. He too likes to get pissed at his tent and I think was quite amused at my JD consumption whilst trying to engrave a bracelet! ?

2 hours ago, robillustrates said:

I swear unless i'm with certain friends who spot these people a mile away walking around us I tend to not notice anyone at all unless it's really obvious like Jarvis Cocker.

43 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'll be honest I could have seen most of the people mentioned in this thread and I wouldn't notice. They would have to be pretty distinctive looking for me to spot them as I am terrible with faces anyway. 

Ditto.  The only reason I recognised Lammo is because it's hard not to look twice at a tiny ickle Skeletor-alike

Edited by Quark

Just now, Quark said:

Ditto.  The only reason I recognised Lammo is because it's hard not to like twice at a tiny ickle Skeletor-alike

Yes. I worked in HMV on Market Street in Manchester when I first left university and I am sort of a football fan (enough to know any big players) I served David Beckham and was still unsure it was him as I though he might just be a lookalike (everyone at the time was trying to look like him!) Whereas I recognised Peter Schmeichel because he was very distinctive looking and huge. I reckon I only spotted Jo Brand because she was coming out of West Holts hospitality. I had a few other people come in and people would tell me they were celebrities but they were all Corrie stars and meant nothing to me. 

I think there's something wrong with me, this was my 5th Glastonbury and I don't think I've ever spotted anyone famous without having them pointed out to me. Plenty of times I'm with people and they notice and I recognise the person, but never myself.

Phil Jupitus just before Acid Mother's Temple
Paul Foot at... somewhere I was drunk
Jo Whiley introducing The Killers on the sound desk, followed by being tapped on the shoulder by specialized security half way through their set who were snaking her through the crowd to the front. I got a high five. What a godly looking woman upclose.....

3 hours ago, Smeble said:

How much of a celebrity do you have to be to not have to bother with refreshing like mad on a Sunday morning in October? And how many tickets get taken out of the pot for them?

I was thinking that, surprises me there are any tickets left at all for us normal folk!

1 hour ago, I feel like Pablo said:

The guy who plays the dad in 'my parents are aliens' was sat outside strummerville during Frank turner's set behind me. 

He was right by the barrier for King Princess in The Park on Friday having the time of his life, I saw a video floating around Twitter of him dancing like mad.

• 2 weeks later...