Celebrity spotting 2020

ogriff

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Foals and Sean Paul in Bristol Airport yesterday.

Foals were sat beside me on my flight back to Dublin.  I wasn't actively trying to eavesdrop but they were very pleased with themselves and there was a fair amount of chat about 'next year', suggesting they've been offered a pretty major slot.

Phil Jupitus and Mark Steel in the Park for Idles

• Upvote 1

Was stood near Jamie Laing and some other Made in Chelsea lot that I don't know the names of for Lauryn Hill. 

Also walked past MC Grindah from People Just Do Nothing/Kurupt FM on his way to see The Streets (after I'd already given up due to the crowd), but I imagine there's a fair chance he was turned away himself. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Jimmy Carr was stood a couple of people behind me in the crowd between (I think?) Miley and Vampire Weekend. Apparently also made a weird appearance on stage for The Killers between their main set and encore for some reason.

Are you sure that wasn't just the main guy from The Killers in a less sparkly suit?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Jimmy Carr was stood a couple of people behind me in the crowd between (I think?) Miley and Vampire Weekend. Apparently also made a weird appearance on stage for The Killers between their main set and encore for some reason.

With in slapping distance? Or within earshot of you shouting "fuck off and pay your taxes you c**t"?

2 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Foals were sat beside me on my flight back to Dublin.  I wasn't actively trying to eavesdrop but they were very pleased with themselves and there was a fair amount of chat about 'next year', suggesting they've been offered a pretty major slot.

Gotta be their shot at the top, surely? Second album of the year coming out soon to drum up more interest and (apart from sound issues further back) their Park set seems to have gone down a treat. Not quite the big push up to headliner that Stormzy was, but it seems like their time now more than ever (and that's coming from somebody who earlier this year thought they'd fucked it).

Both Eavii, Emily walking through the park on Thursday afternoon holding a cake, Michael driving his red Land Rover through one of the Green fields on Saturday morning, I shook his hand and thanked him for the best party on the planet.

Also Louis Tomlinson walking down the old railway on Wednesday night, he was off his nut and speaking in a Scouse accent to try and throw people off the scent ?

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

“Can we book a guest appearance during The Killers for Johnny Marr?”

”Sorry this is a bad line, but yes, no problem.”

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Username taken said:

I asked Yannis in the airport if they'd be back to headline next year, but he naturally just laughed a bit

42 minutes ago, Username taken said:

I spotted them in the airport too and was also on that flight 

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

The missus reckons she was cracking on with Brann Stark at the bar by the pyramid

Saw him (Ian Hempstead Wright) in a food tent behind the Pyramid. I didn't want to cause a fuss as he was with a friend/girlfriend and I didn't want to harass them asking for a photo. They looked like they were having a great time though