Favourite 2019 Flag?

Jay Pee

The problem is that there are so many and of such a size that it doesn’t matter where you move (if indeed you can).

At the busier sets you often couldn’t see the stage nor any screen. I saw one selfish git with 4 huge flags on one pole, ruining it for so many people behind him.

I mean, is it just attention seeking?  Were these people not loved as kids??

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

Flags are marmite which I get.

The people who seem to hate are the folk who stay in one spot for hours in chairs and on rugs and expect the world to evolve around them.

Absolutely not, but I pay to see some fucking band's play not stare at people's shitty attempts for humour. 

Also people can't help being tall, they can help not carry massive view blocking pieces of cloth around on sticks 

Edited by sprocketrocket

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I think the flags do add to the spectacle but there should be a minimum pole length, quite a few this year were just on big sticks and blocked views for those behind them. 

And for fucks sake a trip to the bottom of the longdrops and a lifetime festival ban for multiple flags on one pole. Saw some c**t with 5 flags vertically stacked.

Flags are like tall people to me (as I'm vertically challenged). I get blocked by one I move..

That's fine, until you find there's nowhere to move to because the entire front of the pyramid, and screens, is obscured by them (and no, that's not even close to being an exaggeration).

Flags are marmite which I get.

The people who seem to hate are the folk who stay in one spot for hours in chairs and on rugs and expect the world to evolve around them.

Flags are like tall people to me (as I'm vertically challenged). I get blocked by one I move..

Just reminded me. It nearly went off pre foals at the Park. A couple were just front left of the PA desk with the rug, the trolley and fuckin broadsheet newspapers and got upset when people who had been drinking for 3 day's invaded their space! Jeez. This was 20 minutes before the biggest secret set of the weekend on a small stage / venue.

Dick's

I laughed like a drain at several flags. All hail the flags (as a none carrier)

I like looking at the flags too. I’d really miss them if they weren’t there. 

1 minute ago, Username taken said:

I spoke to those guys and told them how much I loved their flag at the VW set in the park

Classic video. Yep that's where I spotted it too, although I had found shade under the ribbon tower toward the end so couldn't say anything. Although, I ended up about two people behind them in the queues for the bogs straight after. Probably not the best time in introduce myself.

21 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

Would you? I'm not one to hark back to the nineties and how much better it was (it wasn't) but at least you could see.

I’m honestly not that bothered about seeing the stage. I prefer being at the back, overlooking the crowd and the flags, looking at the sky (if it’s not raining!), fields and the trees, that sort of thing. When I’ve been to festivals without the flags, I’ve missed them!