Acts Coming Back, Bigger and Better?

Gnomicide

Aurora is destined for bigger things...a quite prolific talent and incredibly endearing..

Her fellow countrywoman Sigrid has a really confident stage presence but probably needs some better songs.

Mattiel was really very good.. she has something of Siouxsie Sioux in her voice.

I was fairly near front and centre for Hot Chip so couldnt tell what the crowd was like, but they delivered a near perfect set and could probably headline The Other (or at least i would like them to)

But yes Lizzo was far and away the standout for bigger and better...  i would be stunned if she didnt headline a stage on her next visit.

There was so much potential on show at William's Green this year, some incredible bands playing early on each day, so I see the likes of Squid, Sports Team, Snapped Ankles, Boy Azooga, etc being bumped up to John Peel at least, Fontaines DC getting a better slot as well from their JP/WG gigs this year

... I also wonder whether its about time the Bootleg Beatles got promoted from their regular Sunday evening Acoustic slot to a slot on the Pyramid or somewhere, like Bjorn Again.  It thought they had improved a lot since I saw them last two years ago, they are a really tight band these days, and will get the crowd going at an even bigger stage given the oppurtunity

8 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

There was so much potential on show at William's Green this year, some incredible bands playing early on each day, so I see the likes of Squid, Sports Team, Snapped Ankles, Boy Azooga, etc being bumped up to John Peel at least, Fontaines DC getting a better slot as well from their JP/WG gigs this year

... I also wonder whether its about time the Bootleg Beatles got promoted from their regular Sunday evening Acoustic slot to a slot on the Pyramid or somewhere, like Bjorn Again.  It thought they had improved a lot since I saw them last two years ago, they are a really tight band these days, and will get the crowd going at an even bigger stage given the oppurtunity

I thought they were excellent. It was fucking hot in that tent, but I was stood on the edge out of the sun, with a bit of a breeze so it wasn't too bad. 

They had polished their sound a bit in the 12 months since I last saw them. Some King Gizzard vibes at some points with the harmonica & a bit of SFA going on too. They deserve a better slot. They wont change the world, but I think they are more than decent.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:08 PM, Gnomicide said:

Which acts did you see that you think will be back on bigger stages or higher placements in years to come?

Two for me, first up Lizzo (obvs), not normally my thing but thought she smashed it. A Pyramid slot awaits.

Second one is Red Rum Club who I saw at BBC Introducing with a decent size (90% scouse) crowd. Excellent catchy tunes, with a bit of exposure they could easily pull off an early JP or Park slot next year. 

Off to Kendal Calling in a few weeks and Red Rum Club are on....never heard of them until I saw your post...I suspect you recommend I pay them a visit?

On 7/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, rawrsomesauce said:

Re: Frank Turner, I hear that the bookers have an issue with him hence the low slots (ignoring that he's a Tory arsehole of course...)

Was wondering when someone would bring up the fact that he's an old etonian libertarian cock bag.

59 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

Off to Kendal Calling in a few weeks and Red Rum Club are on....never heard of them until I saw your post...I suspect you recommend I pay them a visit?

I certainly would, been playing their album to death this last few months. 

On 7/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, rawrsomesauce said:

Re: Frank Turner, I hear that the bookers have an issue with him hence the low slots (ignoring that he's a Tory arsehole of course...)

Eh...? Turner is a tory arsehole?????? But he has a song about being kind! :huh:

4 hours ago, lazzareo said:

Give them a listen. Never saw them at Glastonbury but really looking forward to them at Kendal where the clash hell is never quite so bad 

On 7/2/2019 at 4:20 PM, Spindles said:

Jungle, who were a massive highlight for me last time they played quite early on Other stage were even better value this time round at West Holts.  I'd like to see them sub-headline a larger stage in the next couple of years, music for a warm summer's evening.

Just watched their player set. Totally agree with this, Amazing set they played.

31 minutes ago, zero000 said:

More importantly his music is utter shite.

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yes, I find the stuff dismissing his politics to be quite the reach whereas that what you've said is a rock-hard fact that people of any political ideology can agree on.

Weirdos. 

• Upvote 1