Acts Coming Back, Bigger and Better?

Gnomicide

Gerry Cinnamon will be back next year for sure, he pretty much said it in his set with words along the lines of "this definitely won't be the last time I'm here" he may as well have done a big wink after it!

It's also one for Neil's rumour thread, I'd definitely give it an (SR)!

On 7/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, DeanoL said:

Think Frank Turner demonstrated that the festival main stages need to book him. Though anyone sane already knew that. Glasto seem to have a blind spot for his popularity.

Could not agree more he has proved that he can headline at other festivals and even manages to sell out four nights over a weekend at his own festival each year.

Can't believe he has been so over looked, granted the atmosphere was great at Strummerville (for the not so secret set) and even more impressive at Avalon.

For me he would be ideal as a Park headliner or a sub slot on the Other. 

Re: Frank Turner, I hear that the bookers have an issue with him hence the low slots (ignoring that he's a Tory arsehole of course...)

Can see Big Moon being bumped up to JP or even an early doors slot on Other dependent on how the next album is received.  Thought there were a fair few bands on William's Green that would have been on bigger stages e.g. thought Let's Eat Grandma would be in an afternoon slot on the Park before they got announced and surprised Shame weren't on JP. 

Lewis Capaldi feels like a dead cert to come back very soon in a bigger slot, likewise Billie Eilish. 

I saw about 2 tunes of Billie Ealish on the way back to the tent. I didn't really get it. She was mumbling with very little stage presence. Maybe I'd been spoiled with how good Miley was, but she was very tame in comparison so I went back to the tent to pick up supplies. I doubt I am the target audience and the kids seemed to be enjoying it so fair play.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:02 PM, Odessa said:

I'm sure anyone who saw Denzel Curry on Thursday would agree he deserves a slot on one of the main days of the festival. He was something else.

Jorja Smith had a good slot as it was, but she was outstanding and certainly Pyramid material. Her voice is mindblowing.

completely agree, when slowthai came out with him my group lost their shit. 

On 7/2/2019 at 5:57 PM, Harry49 said:

Jade Bird had a full Avalon. Great music and an infectious personality. Would like to see her early evening up the Park or JP soon. And with a good second album who knows! I am smitten.

19 hours ago, Pabboe said:

Jade Bird was fantastic, will definitely be on a higher slot in future

I was so gutted when Jade Bird clashed both times with acts I had earmarked as must see's, so purchased tickets for her Manchester show in November before the festivities commenced. Can't wait for it, and glad to hear the positive reviews!

Edited by djdavejohnson
Spelling

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Look at that crowd control from a 17 year old.

headliner.

Got to be my age.... I just dont get it. 

Completely Boring. No presence. No voice. Mumble, mumble, mumble.

Im not down with the kids enough.

Miley put a show on, Janelle, Idles... they all had me glued to them. This, I just dont get.

At least she isnt some whiny Ed Sheeran / Ed Sheeran-lite Capaldi though. Rather her than that! Good luck to her.

On 7/2/2019 at 8:18 PM, Joe Shez said:

Idles have proved themselves too big for the park. Would love them to headline JP or high up the other next time round (if not headline other if the festival really wants to take a punt)

Surely JP is smaller than the Park?