Acts Coming Back, Bigger and Better?

Gnomicide

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Idles could have headlined the Park on Friday. 

Massive crowd. Great performance too.

Sports Team should get a better slot too. They smashed it in the Williams Green on Saturday

That would have been an epic call by the fest

I'm sure anyone who saw Denzel Curry on Thursday would agree he deserves a slot on one of the main days of the festival. He was something else.

Jorja Smith had a good slot as it was, but she was outstanding and certainly Pyramid material. Her voice is mindblowing.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, pantu the dog said:

Let's Eat Grandma were absolutely magnificent in their 45 minutes Williams Green slot and rapturously received, the crowd sounded quite big but I couldn't tell for sure as I was right at the front. Not sure how well their show would do on a much bigger stage and space, but it definitely deserves one. 

Completely agree - they were incredible especially given that it was looking like it might be cancelled. The crowd wasn’t especially big but everyone in there was completely into it and they looked blown away by the reception they got. Really hope they’re back next year.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:11 PM, El Matador said:

Completely agree - they were incredible especially given that it was looking like it might be cancelled. The crowd wasn’t especially big but everyone in there was completely into it and they looked blown away by the reception they got. Really hope they’re back next year.

I don't think I realised how perilous the situation was before the gig, I was merrily chatting away to two people I'd just met near the front but in hindsight there was some serious sorting out going on on that stage! So glad it went ahead. I reckon they could nail an early afternoon Park slot, here's hoping :)

More Jeff Goldblum please! ?

One of my highlights was stumbling upon No Party For Cao Dong in the Pussy Parlure on Thursday. Hard to see them draw a big crowd unfortunately but would love to see them again.

Not really my thing but Maggie Rogers and Sigrid looked good on iplayer, would expect them to be back.

On 7/2/2019 at 5:57 PM, Harry49 said:

Jade Bird had a full Avalon. Great music and an infectious personality. Would like to see her early evening up the Park or JP soon. And with a good second album who knows! I am smitten.

Jade Bird was fantastic, will definitely be on a higher slot in future

Boy Azooga early/mid John Peel next time, thoroughly enjoyed them in WG. Idles, Fontaines, SVE should all be in bigger slots over the next couple of years. Denzel Curry blew me away too, still expecting him to be massive soon. 

Edited by HeyPorter
Extra Curry

On 7/2/2019 at 9:02 PM, Odessa said:

I'm sure anyone who saw Denzel Curry on Thursday would agree he deserves a slot on one of the main days of the festival. He was something else.

Jorja Smith had a good slot as it was, but she was outstanding and certainly Pyramid material. Her voice is mindblowing.

Agree with both of those suggestions and would add AJ Tracey to the list

I tremble at the thought but Lewis Capaldi. Will probably he headlining festivals like TRNSMT at IOW probably. 

I reckon Glasto might stay away from him for a while though as he’l probably be pyramid sub sized by next year

On 7/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, DeanoL said:

Think Frank Turner demonstrated that the festival main stages need to book him. Though anyone sane already knew that. Glasto seem to have a blind spot for his popularity.

I think the one thing holding him back is the fact he insists on playing so many shows every year. If he played an exclusive show he could easily headline JP/Park

On 7/2/2019 at 8:41 PM, Xeph1995 said:

Bliie Eilish and Lizzo are 100% coming back after their performances. completely blew me away as just a neutral who a slight interest in them.  

I agree with Lizzo but (unfortunately) disagree with Billie. If she continues on the trajectory she’s going the only position she’ll be returning to play is headliner.

shes probably big enough to sub the pyramid now. If her next album is as big as the first she’l be a headliner.

The trajectory behind her seems much stronger than Lana, Lorde etc - seems like she’s tapped into a market they failed to. They did walk so she could run though...