Acts Coming Back, Bigger and Better?

Gnomicide

Which acts did you see that you think will be back on bigger stages or higher placements in years to come?

Two for me, first up Lizzo (obvs), not normally my thing but thought she smashed it. A Pyramid slot awaits.

Second one is Red Rum Club who I saw at BBC Introducing with a decent size (90% scouse) crowd. Excellent catchy tunes, with a bit of exposure they could easily pull off an early JP or Park slot next year. 

• Upvote 1

Let's Eat Grandma were absolutely magnificent in their 45 minutes Williams Green slot and rapturously received, the crowd sounded quite big but I couldn't tell for sure as I was right at the front. Not sure how well their show would do on a much bigger stage and space, but it definitely deserves one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, gherkin8r said:

Have liked SDTG for ages but was a little underwhelmed by their JP set. 

Fair enough, first time I'd seen them. If that was a bit of a flat one I'd love to see a good one! Need to get tix for their Brighton gig later this year

28 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Think Frank Turner demonstrated that the festival main stages need to book him. Though anyone sane already knew that. Glasto seem to have a blind spot for his popularity.

Agreed, he was popular for his 12pm slot on the Other Stage a few years ago. 

Not sure if there is any truth to the notion that Glastonbury didn't want to book him several years ago but he would be great as a Park headliner or medium Other.

Hopefully Christine and the Queen's can have a good Pyramid slot next time around. 

Jungle, who were a massive highlight for me last time they played quite early on Other stage were even better value this time round at West Holts.  I'd like to see them sub-headline a larger stage in the next couple of years, music for a warm summer's evening.

Jade Bird had a full Avalon. Great music and an infectious personality. Would like to see her early evening up the Park or JP soon. And with a good second album who knows! I am smitten.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Idles could have headlined the Park on Friday. 

Massive crowd. Great performance too.

Sports Team should get a better slot too. They smashed it in the Williams Green on Saturday

Agree with both but think idles could do a bigger stage.

Others I'd add are Lizzo (obviously), Fontaines DC (saw their set at Leftfield and it looked packed), Buzzard buzzard buzzard (BBC introducing, good front man and catchy songs), Gerry Cinnamon (gave up even bothering to get near the tent).