2020 tickets

Neon

I am not sure about the rules here. I see that you must register with image etc. And when the time comes you may buy up to 6 tickets if you are very lucky !  But if that was to happen and I had secured tickets for my self and 5 others with their ID what is the outcome if one of the others secures a ticket in my name or one of the others ? Or is that impossible to happen with their system. ( more than one ticket to same ID )

in my old age I have just realised the wonder of music festivals and could maybe make Glastonbury before long ? as I may be running out of life !

thanks for any help 

16 minutes ago, Neon said:

I am not sure about the rules here. I see that you must register with image etc. And when the time comes you may buy up to 6 tickets if you are very lucky !  But if that was to happen and I had secured tickets for my self and 5 others with their ID what is the outcome if one of the others secures a ticket in my name or one of the others ? Or is that impossible to happen with their system. ( more than one ticket to same ID )

in my old age I have just realised the wonder of music festivals and could maybe make Glastonbury before long ? as I may be running out of life !

thanks for any help 

As I understand it, you're fine if it is the same group of five.  The problem comes in if you're in more than one group, or others are in more than one group.  If one person gets a ticket, that registration will not work again. Worse, if it is part of a larger attempt, it will stop the whole transaction, meaning the other 5 miss out.

Imagine you are in a group of 6 (A, B, C, D, E & F).  You're all trying together.  Unknown to you, E has asked their mate to try if they get a moment.  Say they get in, and buy E their ticket, but things being so hectic, have not told them yet. 

Then say you get in, trying for all 6.  You'll all be rejected with a message along the lines of "registration(s) have already been used". 

By the time you find out who it is, you miss out, and the five of you don't get tickets.

That's how it could go, based on what I've seen from people posting in the past.  Can't say for the future though!  Best of luck for 2020.

Edited by EasyUserName
Digi beat me to it!
  • Like 1

Seetickets will tell you if your registration has already been used. It won't let you buy more than one ticket for the same person and will kick you back out 

This is why it's really important that all 6 people you are buying for don't join any other groups. If one of your group of 6 is in a different group who manages to get through, if you get through a split second later it will tell you one of the registrations has already been used and will kick you all out 

• Like 1

really important to try and have a chat interface of some kind going if you have got large groups trying at the same time. Something like a FB or WA group where as soon as 1 person gets in and gets tickets they can let everyone know. We also have a spread sheet so regs used can be highlighted. It takes a lot of effort and co-ordination but the more people you have got trying from different locations the better chance you have got. 

You should get a group of 6 together, and then use that same group across all the helpers going for tickets (ie A B C D E F), because if there are mixtures (eg A B and E are in other groups which get tickets) and you get to the ticket page, you'll get an error message and lose time sorting out out of deleting their names.

Next, list out the registration numbers and postcodes so you have them to hand.

Next, get the group to actually check their registration numbers and postcode used. I've been there on ticket day when someone had used the wrong post code and we couldn't confirm it and lost out for them.

If you are lucky to get to the ticket page, enter all the details. If anything is wrong, or tickets have been bought, you will see the message against each of the affected entries (I've seen it for wrong postcode and bought tickets). Change the details and proceed. You don't get kicked out, but neither is it holding tickets for you, so speed is of the essence.