I left no trace

wilko8

44 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

I caught the edge of something like that (may have even been you!).  Near the bar, in the gap in the hedge, looking towards the stage by the road.  A couple of women went past me muttering and swearing, after some sort of "thing" in the very small area of hedge there.  My partner told me someone had tried to go and have a wee in there and got told off.  Couldn't believe someone thought it was a good idea!  It was a very exposed spot, and there was literally hundreds of people about.  Crazy you'd think it would make sense, and even more to feel aggrieved when told off! 

It was probably me. I didn't shout or anything, just said that everybody is told not to pee on the land so why not use the toilets when they were right there. It really irritated me, and being so bloody hot and sunburnt didn't help!

I’d like to say a big thank you to all you beautiful peeps for being decent human beings and keeping my village fields clean. I reckon I will be running down the farm very soon as the clear up operation is going to be done in record time. It’s sad to see rubbish on the land in the winter time. We pick it up and bin it at home. 

• Upvote 1

Took the tent and all the accessories as I usually would. Used refillable bottles and made sure I took all our rubbish to the bins. If we weren't near a bin I'd put it in my bag until I found one. The more everyone does it the more it will open peoples eyes and encourage others :) 

Left our campsite, Michaels Mead, at 7:15 on Monday morning and was nice to see that there were a lot of clear spaces.  Even throughout the festival it seemed most people cleared up after themselves.

It was disappointing to see the stage fields full of rubbish though.  My mate and I always take our empty cans/cups with us after we've seen a set.  The amount of food stuff, cans and cups left on the ground could be improved massively.

22 minutes ago, AmyShambles said:

It was probably me. I didn't shout or anything, just said that everybody is told not to pee on the land so why not use the toilets when they were right there. It really irritated me, and being so bloody hot and sunburnt didn't help!

Well good on you for calling them on it.  The spot was a piss-take (not literally) to try and go in!  Couldn't be more than 1 min walk to the toilets from there.

33 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Incredible:

Fantastic news.

We took sporks and reusable coffee cups to cut down on waste, I picked up a glass bottle that had been dropped in the pyramid field (ffs) and told off the one guy I saw pissing in a hedge ("I was desperate, it was that or piss myself." "The sign says don't piss on the land, it doesn't say don't piss yourself.")

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

If someone takes six cans of lager on to a field then they carried them in somehow or other in a bag or back pack.  Surely then it would be easy to flatten the cans and take them to a bin? They weigh next to fuck all .  

I reckon the vast majority did exactly that, to be fair.  Just a minority of the truly selfish did not.  Every part of the site was cleaner than usual by an order of magnitude, even those parts that historically never are (Beat hotel, Other stage field et al) were better at least.

If we all go back next year and do it again I assure you it will just get better and better every year.  Provide a good example, be the change...

Cleanest glastonbury I've ever been too.. So nice to actually see people walk over to the bins and use them.. 

We walked across the pyramid stage field every night /morning and it was amazing to see how clean it was.. Obviously there was paper but hardly any plastic.. And no broken chairs.. 

Well done one and all. 

G

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I’d like to say a big thank you to all you beautiful peeps for being decent human beings and keeping my village fields clean. I reckon I will be running down the farm very soon as the clear up operation is going to be done in record time. It’s sad to see rubbish on the land in the winter time. We pick it up and bin it at home. 

I don't know exactly how many bins are on site but if you should see Michael or Emily perhaps you could ask for even more of them for us!!  Folk do seem to be really trying and put their rubbish in/by the bins but there are not enough. I know they can only be emptied at certain times because of the crowds. For example, at the little junction by the milk stall near the Pyramid stage there is just a few and always overflowing every single year. Perhaps the general bin numbers plan needs a good tweak!!! Xxx

I saw a notable change in the campsites, group of fifteen next to us, relatively young and a bit rowdy (but very pleasant) would spend ten minutes every morning clearing up their camp with a recycling bag. Really surprised me as at previous festivals I’ve never seen such a natural group reaction to tidying up the place. Very interesting to see such a positive change!

5 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've always wondered why the festival never made more of a thing about cigarette ends before. The first year I went I saw Michael's Q&A in the speakers' forum and he had a real grumble about fag ends being really hard to completely clear in the litter picking, and they're bad for the soil and often get eaten by cows.

I saw the same speech- I also remember seeing signs /posters/ pyramid ads (something like that) a few years ago about the effect on the soil (something like one cig polluting a square foot of soil?) Seems to have died down in recent years though. 

Great news!

I certainly left no trace. I also did my stint as a Worthy Warrior, I covered Big Ground on the Sunday from 10 onwards, spoke to everyone who was up, I got a great response from them all and I’ve asked the campsite crew to send me some photos of what it looked like after everyone left, I’m optimistic it was in good shape. I only saw about 3 really bad parts.

May I personally thank anyone on here who was camping there, I’ve also written to the festival with some suggestions on improving further next year, will report back if I get a reply.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Great news!

I certainly left no trace. I also did my stint as a Worthy Warrior, I covered Big Ground on the Sunday from 10 onwards, spoke to everyone who was up, I got a great response from them all and I’ve asked the campsite crew to send me some photos of what it looked like after everyone left, I’m optimistic it was in good shape. I only saw about 3 really bad parts.

May I personally thank anyone on here who was camping there, I’ve also written to the festival with some suggestions on improving further next year, will report back if I get a reply.

i would also like some of the caravans to have some idea about the scheme ...and a supply of wristbands ... i tried several with no joy ... I did it anyway but certainly awareness of this needs increasing 

• Upvote 1