T Minus & Counting 2020

vintagelaureate

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

on the bbc website it states not to put yourself in any danger when sourcing Tminus photos for efests :) 

I was self isolated, at home with a glass of red and Mr Google 🍷😎

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

VWs should be banned lol even the nice well kept ones like this one lol 

2.bedfordcfbrochure.b10907.73australia.jpg

When I was a student, which was a fair while ago,  one of the other students in the house was into vans, mostly Bedfords. He would buy a fairly knackered one, fill in any rust and dents with expanding builders foam, cut it back flush to whatever profile matched the surrounding area and then roller paint the entire van in a thick textured matt green paint and finish it off with a bull bar on the front. He would cruise around in it until it died or failed its MOT and he would start again with another one. I found it hard to be objective about Bedfords after that 😀

OTOH at the same time I needed something with 4 wheels and ended up buying a very dilapidated 1970 VW  bay for £100. It was undoubtedly worse than the Bedford in almost every way but I couldn't afford anything else. In the end I had it for 11 years (most of it spent mending it - no expanding foam though) and decided despite all the idiosyncrasies I rather liked them. I've had a couple of T2's and have a T25 now.  I never set out to be into VWs campers - it was a happy accident. 😂

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook