Flops 2019

Ddiamondd

Just now, chuckles07 said:

Or the Cure

who were fucking brilliant

Robert Smith actually interacted with the crowd though. He seemed like he loved it and wanted to be there, and that it meant a lot to him. Such things are picked up by an audience, even if the artist isn't very talkative/animated.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I was early Weds, middle Thurs and overnight Saturday, all ped Gate C. It was a decent pattern, but the overnight being last made it hard...

I was middle Wed, early Friday and overnight on Saturday. I reckon you got on the face of it better than I did while only grabbing a spot closer. I also had two of mine at Worthy View.

I reckon Saturday night into Sunday am was better though than having Sunday am. 

31 minutes ago, Casper86 said:

Also what the hell was that crane about in Arcadia..? It was so disappointing visually compared to the past few years.

It grew on me over the weekend, but definitely didn’t have the same “wow” factor that the spider did.

i saw the moon attached to it for about ten minutes on Sunday night before they took it down again, and still don’t really get what they’re going for with that.

5 hours ago, Notamurderer said:

Chems were too quiet I reckoned.  No complaints from anyone else I was with so possibly due to me seeing Gojira on Friday, who were loud AF. 

The Chems were definitely too quiet where we were near the flags. We could hear everyone’s conversations all around us. But when we left to go to Hot Chip, and walked back towards the food stalls at the back, the sound got much louder. And then we could hear them all the way up to the Park. There’s some odd acoustic stuff at the Other and it’s very wind dependent I think. 

1 hour ago, Anarion said:

Robert Smith actually interacted with the crowd though. He seemed like he loved it and wanted to be there, and that it meant a lot to him. Such things are picked up by an audience, even if the artist isn't very talkative/animated.

Yeah- he even mentioned it out loud- that what they do isn’t normally a festival thing, and I think people then appreciated the effort.

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Performance of the festival for me ????? They were absolutely bloody excellent. A mate of mine got photographer pit passes so when he goes thru his photos I’ll try and nick em off him ?? 

Yeah Gojira blew my mind. Can honestly say it was the best metal gig I've ever seen.

• Like 1

On reflection, I think West Holts should, alongside respectful head nodding to jazz funk freakouts, foot stomping to African rhythms or heavy rug cutting to dance and disco, encourage more young people over from the childrens' fields of the west of the site.

#inthemosh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anarion said:

Don't disregard things other people like as bullshit.

I just don't see why they bother touring. They can just put cardboard cutouts of themselves on stage and play the songs from Spotify. Would be almost the same thing.

That could be said of Radiohead 

20 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wandered off very early into Tame Impala. 15 minutes in and I was convinced they were still on their first song.

Oh my God I was in heaven for that set. Personal experience is a funny thing isn't it. 

2 hours ago, Wilfko said:

Oh my God I was in heaven for that set. Personal experience is a funny thing isn't it. 

With you on that. Seems those who didn’t enjoy it aren’t too familiar with them, which is fair enough.

Superb set though, and those around us all loved it.

Tame Impala - seen them before and been disappointed, I think this will be the last time I bother unless there's absolutely nothing else on

The Streets - no fault of theirs but putting then on such a small stage was a dog shit decision

Janet Jackson - one of the most boring things I've ever seen. Felt like she was probably miming and missed Lizzo to see her as I thought it'd be a shame not to see Jackson given her legendary status

Wu-Tang - half and half on this one but felt like a very weird low-energy set. And what was with all the sing alongs to other people's songs?

35 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

With you on that. Seems those who didn’t enjoy it aren’t too familiar with them, which is fair enough.

Superb set though, and those around us all loved it.

I was with 5 mates who are all VEEERY casual listeners, know literally one or two songs (Less I know the better probs), and they came away saying it was their favourite set of the week. The same group of friends who despised Radiohead even though I adored that set too. 

Apocalypse Dreams was pure euphoria for me. 

Edited by Wilfko

Another mention for Lauryn Hill. I think coming on late for seemingly diva reasons is so massively disrespectful to the other performers going on afterwards, the punters paying to see them and missing other acts and the people running the festival and the stage. To then come on stage and phone in a third or fourth rate performance and expect a huge reaction pissed me right off. Stupid twat, I hope the festival never books her or (based on the Janet Jackson comments) any more has been pop stars trying to make a come back for the cash. 

4 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

I came to Glastonbury thinking the line up was excellent for me and so it proved. 

So the only flop I can think of was taking over 2 hours to get out of the car park especially seeing so many people queue jump.

Ha!! Took us 4 hours to get off site, and yes, the queue jumpers were extremely annoying!! 

6 hours ago, Anarion said:

At the end he looked genuinely moved and didn't want to leave..  very UnGoth.

Cat Power for me.  Not sure what I was expecting but it was dull dull dull.  And the sound was awful.

IDLES were too big for the Park, wasn't getting anything out of it from the back so I went to see Morcheeba instead.  Shame as they were one of my "must-sees".

I have to say it crossed my mind that it was a shame Lizzo didn't have a band.  Not really a disappointment, just a bit of a shame.

Lauren Hill - well I fully expected her to be a bit stand-offish if I'm honest.  It definitely picked up towards the end though.

Agree about Glastonbury-On-Sea.  I get the feeling it wasn't finished though.  The opening time kept getting pushed back.

And I love David Attenborough and I love the BBC but I really did not need the advertising.  Seriously meh.