Jump to content
Ddiamondd

Flops 2019

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Apparently Marti Pellow was an absolute car wreck. 40 minutes late (band waiting on stage for most of it, looking as bemused as the crowd). When he eventually decided to show, there were sound issues and alternate versions of the "classics"

So it was Marty Pellows fault that Hawkwind cut their set early so no Brainstorm or Silver Machine, what a prick... Kean were still playing when Hawkwind were due to start so there wasn't enough time for Hawkwinds set. It came to 11:30 and Dave Brock announced to the crowd they were told to stop, the crowd were less than impressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had been at the festival I'd have seen both Miss Lauryn Hill and Janet Jackson and based off what I've seen over the weekend and since both would have been a let down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine rocking into Glastonbury being all like I'm fucking Lauryn Hill and she's sharing the limo with Janet Jackson cos they shared a private jet then leaving Glastonbury in an Uber and leaving the superstars Lizzo, Janelle and Chris to follow Kylie's jet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Nal said:

Ten minutes after Lauryn Hill was due on stage she was still in a car driving into the site. Rubbish behaviour.

Really? How do you know this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Nal said:

Ten minutes after Lauryn Hill was due on stage she was still in a car driving into the site. Rubbish behaviour.

She was only about 10 minutes late on stage in total, so there's no way that's true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bixer said:

She was only about 10 minutes late on stage in total, so there's no way that's true. 

She was 15 mins late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ICGenie said:

Cat Power for me.  Not sure what I was expecting but it was dull dull dull.  And the sound was awful.

IDLES were too big for the Park, wasn't getting anything out of it from the back so I went to see Morcheeba instead.  Shame as they were one of my "must-sees".

I have to say it crossed my mind that it was a shame Lizzo didn't have a band.  Not really a disappointment, just a bit of a shame.

Lauren Hill - well I fully expected her to be a bit stand-offish if I'm honest.  It definitely picked up towards the end though.

Agree about Glastonbury-On-Sea.  I get the feeling it wasn't finished though.  The opening time kept getting pushed back.

And I love David Attenborough and I love the BBC but I really did not need the advertising.  Seriously meh.

Agree with all these points (didn't see Idles though so can't comment).

We saw Cat Power in 2013 doing this slot, and gave her a miss this time for the same reasons. Very underwhelming.

Lizzo - I find this with all artists who don't have a live band. She was INCREDIBLE but can't help thinking with a shit-hot tight band it would be on another level. In fact, all artists without a live band usually don't do it for me, but that's probably my age/upbringing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not him personally but the sound all fucked up on the Gateway for Mik Artisitik on the Thursday.  Also the women running the stage dragged him off the stage halfway through Sweet Leaf of the North.  Don't think this is the first time that stage has had problems either when Mik has been on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cidermonkey said:

So it was Marty Pellows fault that Hawkwind cut their set early so no Brainstorm or Silver Machine, what a prick... Kean were still playing when Hawkwind were due to start so there wasn't enough time for Hawkwinds set. It came to 11:30 and Dave Brock announced to the crowd they were told to stop, the crowd were less than impressed. 

Yep - also Marti Pellow’s fault that Keane’s Crowd all started to walk out before they had finished because they needed to get to their headliners! Keane were fantastic and didn’t deserve that!

Still Keane seemed to understand the issue because they did ‘Everybody’s Changing’ & ‘Somewhere only we know’ at about 9.30 so people could get to experience the mass singalong before heading off! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Not him personally but the sound all fucked up on the Gateway for Mik Artisitik on the Thursday.  Also the women running the stage dragged him off the stage halfway through Sweet Leaf of the North.  Don't think this is the first time that stage has had problems either when Mik has been on.

Yup. Definitely not my favourite ever Mik set at the G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna throw my 2 cents in on a few bits of discussion.

Firstly Interpol's lack of movement, I was personally really struggling with the Tame Impala clash, and was leaning more toward Interpol. Ironically mind was swayed the other way when I watched a live video of Fine Mess (love the track) to hype myself up, and noticed how lethargic they looked. Checked the comments and there were a few comments noting how tired they looked from constant touring, so thought I'd save it for a future tour after a break. 

Secondly on the park, I'm a little confused by the complaints on how busy it was, I was near the front for IDLES, VW and Foals. For IDLES I turned up during the break before, VW we got there v early (10:30 ish) and it was dead, walked onto the barrier on the RHS. Foals was a little busier but even so we only turned up during Sons of Kemet and again managed to walk through to the barrier.

For ref here's my position for the three sets mentioned 

 

IMG_9930.HEIC IMG_9940.HEIC IMG_9949.HEIC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Secondly on the park, I'm a little confused by the complaints on how busy it was, I was near the front for IDLES, VW and Foals. For IDLES I turned up during the break before, VW we got there v early (10:30 ish) and it was dead, walked onto the barrier on the RHS. Foals was a little busier but even so we only turned up during Sons of Kemet and again managed to walk through to the barrier.

For some bizarro reason, people don't walk around to the left hand side of the Park stage towards Lands End bar. I got there 15 minutes before Idles came on and got a great spot. Room around me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lauryn Hill is the obvious answer but her being rubbish in my opinion was actually a blessing in disguise for me. If i'd have stayed till the end i'd have probably just grabbed some food on the way to Two door Cinema club sticking with with something i knew. As a result of leaving early i ventured to Williams Green and saw Sunflower Bean and Lets Eat Grandma which were highlights of my weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Nal said:

For some bizarro reason, people don't walk around to the left hand side of the Park stage towards Lands End bar. I got there 15 minutes before Idles came on and got a great spot. Room around me too.

Oh really? I didn't even do that, just straight in from the right side every time. Feel the need to stick up for it, this was my first glasto and my top 3 sets were all there, plus we camped in South Park 2(?) so I feel like I've developed an emotional bond to the place ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None.

Anyone who didn't enjoy Lauryn Hill isn't doing life right. That was your fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Nal said:

She was 15 mins late. 

13 apparently if we’re splitting hairs, but I mean, tomato tomato, I still don’t really see how that’s enough time for her to have only been driving into the site literally less than 5 minutes prior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

For some bizarro reason, people don't walk around to the left hand side of the Park stage towards Lands End bar. I got there 15 minutes before Idles came on and got a great spot. Room around me too.

Tried that.  Whole place was total rammo.

It’s definitely a problem in the tents where people hang around the edges when there’s loads of space inside.  Truth Stage for Craig Charles was the same.  I did a lot of sneaking in but just could not see a path in for IDLES. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The miley bit which was mimed by some rapper and her dad obviously didnt flop for anyone else other than me.

When said rapper was on his own, it should have been Billy Ray doing achy breaky heart.

I prefered it when it was just Miley than that guff.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Not him personally but the sound all fucked up on the Gateway for Mik Artisitik on the Thursday.  Also the women running the stage dragged him off the stage halfway through Sweet Leaf of the North.  Don't think this is the first time that stage has had problems either when Mik has been on.

I'd forgotten about that. Seemed odd the sound was fine for the first one or two and then went. Completely mucked up 1 of the 4 times we saw them :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe helps oif you know the song. It's basically one of the biggest hits of the year.

I had heard it, but it was mimed which put me off getting involved in it.

Other than part I thought she was really good. I was in the pit, great atmosphere in there too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The miley bit which was mimed by some rapper and her dad obviously didnt flop for anyone else other than me.

When said rapper was on his own, it should have been Billy Ray doing achy breaky heart.

I prefered it when it was just Miley than that guff.

I knew the song but I agree, could have done without it. I was there to see Miley. Didn't think it was necessary and would rather have had another Miley track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...