How many times did you see Fontaines DC?

mattiloy

3/4 of the way through the album now, very good stuff.

Would love to catch them again at Glastonbury clashes permitting. I was lucky enough to see them in a small venue in Southampton before seeing them headline Green Man, and then again at the o2 in Bristol. 

At Green Man I was slightly concerned about how they would come across on a bigger stage. But they absolutely smashed it, they sounded huge. Grian was prowling back and forth across the stage like an animal that had been caged for weeks and finally released. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Interesting, as independently of this comment I thought to myself Jackie down the line reminded me of the Cure.

Defo getting Cure vibes on Nabokov too (specifically disintegration era).

Just like that I think these songs are kind of designed for a big outdoor stage… atmospheric, noisy belting gloomwave. Love it.

Better than a hero’s death. Not quite dogrel level for me still, but a superb compliment to it. Between the three albums I think they the artillery to deliver a wicked live set nowadays and I look forward to seeing them at Glastonbury high up on the other maybe? As the sun is setting and the gloom is starting to stretch over the site..

Edited by mattiloy
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think high up other seems about right, they’re too big to not headline any of the other smaller stages and I don’t want to see them on the Pyramid, would rather the crowd was there to see them specifically.

I really hope so. I already saw them in this tour, but I want to see them in Glasto. If they headline The Park most likely I would miss them specially if they are SAT/SUN.

10 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I really hope so. I already saw them in this tour, but I want to see them in Glasto. If they headline The Park most likely I would miss them specially if they are SAT/SUN.

I suppose they could be Park, but I seriously hope not for the same reasons. Friday seems unlikely with Foals on the Other, plus the suggestion seems to be its Khruangbin Park Friday although that’s just a guess I think.

I've never seen Fontaines live. A big fan, missed them in 2019 ( don't know where I was!! ) , and work commitments haven't allowed me to see them at gigs. This is going to be my chance and will not be missed. Loving the new album! Surely they have to headline the Park, anything else is a travesty. But is the Park too small? 

Very very strong stuff from Fontaines. 

Big Shot was my standout of the new unreleased songs on first listen but loved them all, bar one - the shot at an acoustic number.  

I seen them in October but they are verging on unmissable for me at Glastonbury after hearing that. 2nd/3rd Other on Sunday would be perfect for me as hoping to catch Bicep to close out the weekend and DO NOT want that clash.