How many times did you see Fontaines DC?

mattiloy

21 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Off to see them in Prague and Berlin on consecutive nights in a few weeks. Booked in some coroncoaster madness a few months ago.

Incidentally, the first class train the morning after Prague gig is 25 quid. 400k trans border Journey.

That wouldn't even cover the taxi to my house from Chester having missed the last train (again).

Gigs on the mainland FTW

European public transport is great. This stupid island and it’s stupid exceptionalist arsehole politicians… 

Edited by blutarsky

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Off topic but @Jay Pee and @Superscally are you doing any of Sound City? Few bands I want to catch but my friends don't want to go... the fools. 

I hadn't looked into it to be honest as working so much right now! 

Edit: Just checked - at a mate's wedding with my band that weekend. Boooo. This does however revive the dream of the Scouse and Surrounds eFests Shindig. We should sort that one night you know. Don't worry people - on eFests there are no wools. All welcome 🤗

Edited by Superscally

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

I hadn't looked into it to be honest as working so much right now! 

Edit: Just checked - at a mate's wedding with my band that weekend. Boooo. This does however revive the dream of the Scouse and Surrounds eFests Shindig. We should sort that one night you know. Don't worry people - on eFests there are no wools. All welcome 🤗

I'm up for it... *cough* RoT90s in April *cough*... there's a few of us up this way! 

38 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Yes mate. Let's meet up. Off topic also watched audiobooks last night at FutureYard. Mind blown

Definitely, we can sort something out! 

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

Yes mate. Let's meet up. Off topic also watched audiobooks last night at FutureYard. Mind blown

I was at that too and couldn’t agree more. Hadn't really heard much of their stuff beforehand but that performance blew me away. Been checking out all their stuff all morning and will be going to see them again the next time they’re touring local. 

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I was at that too and couldn’t agree more. Hadn't really heard much of their stuff beforehand but that performance blew me away. Been checking out all their stuff all morning and will be going to see them again the next time they’re touring local. 

Where are you FF? Really enjoying Future Yard. I mean what's not to like?

IMG_20220202_204423.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Where are you FF? Really enjoying Future Yard. I mean what's not to like?

IMG_20220202_204423.jpg

Liverpool. First time going to Future Yard but my friend has been raving about it since it opened and is a regular attendee so decided to go to this with him on a whim. Really liked it, great little space and vibe and discovered an awesome new band so a night well spent! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Superscally said:

They're a proper unit. Had me dreaming of them playing that Cure slot on the pointy one. Hopefully the sound would be as good...

Wasn’t sure about buying the new album; loved the rawness of Dogrel which wasn’t there for the second one. Listening to this new song followed by the Jackie one is a bit more chilled and I think I like it. Loved. em in the JP btw. 

• 1 month later...

Got back from the Czech Republic yesterday after seeing them in Prague on Sunday and Brno on Monday.  Both fantastic gigs but both very different.  Prague being a typical Fontaines DC gig as in rammed and absolutely effing mental.  Ended up in the pit with people mostly half my age.  Brno was not sold out and was a Monday night.  Still great but went for the front stage option which was probably more to do with needing a rest after three days on the lash.

it was lovely to be overseas for the first time in a couple of years and also a great leveller experiencing so much of the Ukranian "Special Operation" fall out with the humanitarian assistance camps set up at the major train stations.

My head is still spinning from the experiences of the last few days  i have attached a few pics but think my cheap Chinese smart phone camera was operating at the limit of its capacity.IMG20220328211329.thumb.jpg.5e54b32f45b0d3041857fc1c77f4f593.jpg

IMG20220328213016.jpg

IMG20220328213836.jpg

IMG20220328214729.jpg

Edited by Jay Pee
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 2:38 PM, Jay Pee said:

Got back from the Czech Republic yesterday after seeing them in Prague on Sunday and Brno on Monday.  Both fantastic gigs but both very different.  Prague being a typical Fontaines DC gig as in rammed and absolutely effing mental.  Ended up in the pit with people mostly half my age.  Brno was not sold out and was a Monday night.  Still great but went for the front stage option which was probably more to do with needing a rest after three days on the lash.

it was lovely to be overseas for the first time in a couple of years and also a great leveller experiencing so much of the Ukranian "Special Operation" fall out with the humanitarian assistance camps set up at the major train stations.

My head is still spinning from the experiences of the last few days  i have attached a few pics but think my cheap Chinese smart phone camera was operating at the limit of its capacity.IMG20220328211329.thumb.jpg.5e54b32f45b0d3041857fc1c77f4f593.jpg

IMG20220328213016.jpg

IMG20220328213836.jpg

IMG20220328214729.jpg

Class. Looks/sounds like a belter of a trip!