How many times did you see Fontaines DC?

mattiloy

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I got presale tickets for Manchester but have no one who wants to go with me. If that stays the same I'll put them on the exchange in here. 

I saw them in Liverpool last year (after Glastonbury) and my mates weren't impressed!

Liverpool was brilliant last year

Was thinking about getting tickets for Bristol but thought the tickets would be cheaper so had a second thought as we said we wouldn’t buy any gig tickets until the future of the live scene became a bit clearer as we aren’t sure when it’s going to be back. Will pick a spare up closer to the time of everything’s back to normal though as I’ve never seen them. 

21 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I got presale tickets for Manchester but have no one who wants to go with me. If that stays the same I'll put them on the exchange in here. 

I saw them in Liverpool last year (after Glastonbury) and my mates weren't impressed!

Hi mate,

With the ticket I flogged you.. 🙂 How's tricks?

We are going to Manchester on the Saturday and will crash at a mates as getting back to the Wirral is nothing short of a ball ache post Manchester gig.

My feeling with this band is they can be a bit static on stage and not THAT engaging with the crowd so being into the tunes beforehand deffo helps.  In comparison to say Idles who (in my humble opinion) do have some duff tracks but.... fok me.... they are so visceral and incendiary live

I could watch them reading the shipping forecast and be riveted.

8 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Hi mate,

With the ticket I flogged you.. 🙂 How's tricks?

We are going to Manchester on the Saturday and will crash at a mates as getting back to the Wirral is nothing short of a ball ache post Manchester gig.

My feeling with this band is they can be a bit static on stage and not THAT engaging with the crowd so being into the tunes beforehand deffo helps.  In comparison to say Idles who (in my humble opinion) do have some duff tracks but.... fok me.... they are so visceral and incendiary live

I could watch them reading the shipping forecast and be riveted.

Hi! 

Yeah with that ticket! I've for tickets for the Friday (Saturday wasn't an option in the presale)... If I can swap tickets somehow for the Saturday I'll grab a pint with you! 

Yeah, my mate thought they were okay but didn't fancy it again - and I couldn't convince others. It's their loss! 😀

On 7/3/2020 at 4:00 PM, priest17 said:

my belligerence has cost me and both Manchester dates are now sold out. Ah well.

I bought four, three are taken for sure, the fourth is reserved for my brother but he’s a junior doctor and never knows his shifts too long in advance. It’s a long old way off but if he can’t make it by the time it comes round, I’ll flog it on here - FV of course.

I’m excited to hear their new album - I’d say there’s a good chance it’ll get to number 1 - here are the other albums released around then.

If they do - where do we place them at the festival next year? 

10F58D57-B4F2-4F1B-9613-CA7E8F114CF3.png

11 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think it would be a decent/high slot on The Park (similar to IDLES) - they played John Peel last year. 

Could be. I reckon they could be bigger than idles were at that stage of their arc by then. They probs have a broader appeal anyway. So if it is park they might have to be smart with the clashes otherwise there’d be one almighty crowd.

Hopefully they do another few dozen secret gigs to add to their Glastonbury legend.

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

Could be. I reckon they could be bigger than idles were at that stage of their arc by then. They probs have a broader appeal anyway. So if it is park they might have to be smart with the clashes otherwise there’d be one almighty crowd.

Hopefully they do another few dozen secret gigs to add to their Glastonbury legend.

Very similar trajectory to Idles. They’ll be heading to GF next year off the back of a big Academy tour and an Ally Pally date, which Idles had done after Glastonbury (although chances are FDC would have done a similar tour later this year had things been normal).

Hopefully they’ll keep the same slot, but they could be bumped to slot in elsewhere, say if the JP needed a sub or headliner for instance...

I think i've seen the Glastonbury 2019 set about 4 times and listened to the Dogrel about 10 times! God knows where i was last year, can't believe i missed them, that's Glastonbury for ya, missed the hype. Ally Pally tickets still available as of last night, but hesitate as at the age of 58, 59 by then ,i know they'll be there in 2021 and would prefer to see them there as only having to wait another month. Can't wait for the new album at the end of the month as the three songs from it available are cracking.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Very similar trajectory to Idles. They’ll be heading to GF next year off the back of a big Academy tour and an Ally Pally date, which Idles had done after Glastonbury (although chances are FDC would have done a similar tour later this year had things been normal).

Hopefully they’ll keep the same slot, but they could be bumped to slot in elsewhere, say if the JP needed a sub or headliner for instance...

Yeah I agree they are at a similar point now to where idles were last year but they were mercury nominated for their debut which got to number 9 in the album charts - the same year idles were nominated for their third album which charted slightly higher at 5.

The rate at which the tour and preorders for LPs have sold is also telling. If this album is any good, I’d say they’ll have outgrown that idles spot by next year.

I look at last year and see this Rex Orange County headlining the park, I think that was one they got quite wrong, but hype alone can get you a fair old way.

What’s do you reckon is the upper limit of the confidence interval?

Not so crazy to imagine a JP/park headline or Other stage sub.

*added to that they pick up a few cult Glastonbury points for being the hardest working band in show business for that glorious weekend last year 

Edited by mattiloy