How many times did you see Fontaines DC?

mattiloy

was rather frustrating that all their sets were in smaller venues or at awkward times, when they replaced Sam fender on John peel I thought I could see them in a venue that wasn't going to be stupidly packed but it clashed with Mac. couldn't see them in left field because of Miley clash, couldn't attend the super late Sunday night one because of a early coach, the only one I could attend was Williams green which I despise for aways being full which it was, glad I got to see them but it was from the outside of a tent that I tried to avoid as much as possible

7 minutes ago, OddRon said:

was rather frustrating that all their sets were in smaller venues or at awkward times, when they replaced Sam fender on John peel I thought I could see them in a venue that wasn't going to be stupidly packed but it clashed with Mac. couldn't see them in left field because of Miley clash, couldn't attend the super late Sunday night one because of a early coach, the only one I could attend was Williams green which I despise for aways being full which it was, glad I got to see them but it was from the outside of a tent that I tried to avoid as much as possible

That's what makes it such a great venue.

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

That's what makes it such a great venue.

as someone who's had to miss stuff before because of how small a venue is at a festival it does begin to drain, I know I should just be there super early but I got caught in the bloody Lewis capaldi crowd forming 

I thought it took them a while to get into their stride during the John Peel set. It seemed to click for them during Too Real, from then on the rest of the show was fantastic.

Perhaps it was a bit of nerves on the bands part, or maybe a lot of folk in the crowd weren't too familiar with them and it took a while for them to get what the band are about.

I saw a bit of them at Left Field as well but I was off to the side because I was making an early escape for BC Camplight at WG.

3 times Park friday, leftfield and rabbit hole Sunday night 3am

Last act and great way to end the festival.

Definitely the band of the weekend. 

Surprised they weren't on John Peel to begin with but a great replacement

Met the lead singer in John Peel in the crowd watching Goat Girl before their gig with the singer from Shame! 

Was the Rabbit Hole busy? We always have to curtail Sundays due to the roadtrip back on a Monday. We were in two mind at 2am at Williams Green but the hike across and back too our tent was putting us off.

They're on at Deer Shed in a couple of weeks, and I'm getting tickets for the Academy tour.

Just once, in Leftfield. Loved it ? And somehow managed (more by luck than judgement) to get the crew to congregate there. Wish I'd have seen them in the JP too!

Also stayed in Leftfield for Algiers....such an empty tent for their set in comparison, but I feel I should say that they were also awesome!!

Saw them from outside the tent at WG (missed the first 10 minutes anyway) and then their Rabbit Hole set. Missed that they were announced for the John Peel, otherwise I probably would've seen them -> Pond with Hozier on the Saturday rather than what I did, which was Mac Demarco -> last half of Pond with Fontaines on the Saturday.

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Was the Rabbit Hole busy? We always have to curtail Sundays due to the roadtrip back on a Monday. We were in two mind at 2am at Williams Green but the hike across and back too our tent was putting us off.

They're on at Deer Shed in a couple of weeks, and I'm getting tickets for the Academy tour.

I was very close to the front in the rabbit hole and it seemed rammed. Even after the gig I tried getting out and it was a bit of a struggle. It was immense. Great end to the festival.

53 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

JP, Left Field & heard a bit of them outside WG (preferred JP as plenty of room to jump about).  Bloomin’ marvellous. Annoyed, although not surprised, that their November London show is sold out.

Same with the January Nottingham gig - wish I'd booked them in May now.

• 11 months later...