Pet Shop Boys 2020?

Hugh Jass

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Good news: Presale is already live on O2 Priority.

Bad news: The O2 gig is all seated

Bad news 2: Price range is £48-£115

I'm out.

Just checked for Manchester and Glasgow and the seating puts me off and the price as well. I am sure there would be lots of standing but a decent seat is a lot of money !!! Might well take the double gamble that (A) I get a Glastonbury ticket and (B) they play. 

cant see them as the legend... much as they are .... calling @jc2000 the worlds biggest Psb fan to the forum ... if this doesnt tempt him out of his not posting on here nothing will ... hes still upset from missing the 2 tracks they played with killers this year .... and telling me my efest  info isnt good because there was no talk of the guest appearance happening :) 

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Isn't the legend normally someone who hasn't done it before though?

It has been first timers more often than not, but there's enough precedent for returnees to do it - Tom Jones played the slot twice (albeit the first time way before it was established as such), and Ray Davies had played quite a few times over the years including the previous festival.

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm seeing them this weekend, at that Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park thing. Kylie Minogue headlined last year, so is there a pattern?

I hope it's good anyhow. A girl I met at Blue Dot said Pet Shop Boys were one of the worst gigs she's ever been to, but I'm hoping it was just an off day for them...

band i have seen the most (about 20 times, plus their ballet, both West End shows and their Battleship Potemkin scoring live in Trafalgar Sq (i am a bit of a fan)) and i have never seen a bad show

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Excellent pattern there - PSB for Legends slot :-)

I don't think it'd work very well on a sunny Sunday afternoon.  Without the production it would be a bit meh.

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

You'd get the production, undoubtedly. Got the full show for the 2010 Other slot

Yes, I was there... but it was dark and a headline slot.

I can't see it working anywhere near as well in daylight conditions.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I don't think it'd work very well on a sunny Sunday afternoon.  Without the production it would be a bit meh.

they took the full production of the Pandemonium tour to V festival.  for the legends spot they would put on one hell of a show, cant think of that many more bands with the amount of hits they have.  personally i would rather see them headline West Holts or Other stage.  the amount of lasers they have had on the last few shows would certainly lend itself to a dark environment.

Just now, Bennykill said:

they took the full production of the Pandemonium tour to V festival.  for the legends spot they would put on one hell of a show, cant think of that many more bands with the amount of hits they have.  personally i would rather see them headline West Holts or Other stage.  the amount of lasers they have had on the last few shows would certainly lend itself to a dark environment.

Yep... that's what I meant.  In the day time it's just two old boys, one singing and the other pretending to play the tracks.

At least his massive sunglasses would make sense though!