Pet Shop Boys 2020?

Hugh Jass

On 12/16/2019 at 1:08 PM, Bennykill said:

a clash with Taylor would be helpful as i have no interest in her and a dilemma over the Boys if they play.  i am seeing the Dreamland tour twice before Glastonbury so if it was a big clash i may have missed them,  but the idea of being somewhere else when they are playing also seems insane.  really didn't want to be at the Killers this year but only went to keep my wife happy,  when they came out it made missing the Chems a little easier to cope with

I was like that with Hot Chip this year. Even though I ended up seeing them elsewhere 3 times last year, I ended up regretting not seeing them at Glasto.

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I was like that with Hot Chip this year. Even though I ended up seeing them elsewhere 3 times last year, I ended up regretting not seeing them at Glasto.

saw Hot Chip at Ally Pally this year,  was a brilliant gig.  made me regret not seeing them at Glasto

12 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

What would the chance of Pet Shop Boys sub headline under Taylor? I think that'd be a great set up. 

i think they would like that as it gives them a chance to introduce themselves to a younger audience (which they have been trying for a while) but their shows of late have been very visual and light based so i think they would only do show in the dark.  i think a Park stage would be good although hoping for a late night dance set even though it is very unlikely.

Just now, Bennykill said:

i think they would like that as it gives them a chance to introduce themselves to a younger audience (which they have been trying for a while) but their shows of late have been very visual and light based so i think they would only do show in the dark.  i think a Park stage would be good although hoping for a late night dance set even though it is very unlikely.

Thats my only worry is that they've been doing a lot of very dark shows with visual effects. 

Unsure where this thought of them doing a late night dance stage has come from but would be very much up for it as I can only really see them going against Kendrick who i'll be seeing. 

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Unsure where this thought of them doing a late night dance stage has come from but would be very much up for it as I can only really see them going against Kendrick who i'll be seeing. 

just my deep hope, no info to suggest it would happen.  saw them do a little late night version of the fundamental show years back in a small 200 people venue that gave Chris a good run out while Neil just sung occasionally and it was really dancey and was amazing.  them doing something like that again would be amazing. 

4 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

They've said they only want to play when it's dark, so my money is on Other Stage headliner. 

Yeah that’s what I think. Unless they are headlining WH one night and would fit with the rumour that one WH headliner is really big this year!

I think Pet Shop Boys Friday other stage headliner against Kendrick would work.

I have to admit, I've only been into PSB since they came out with The Killers last year. If they perform I'll 100% be there!

I'm also thinking Other stage headliner. A clash with Taylor would be perfect for me also and I think they're a crowd-pleaser for the day ticket folks. I have friends who would see Macca and I'd certainly see Kendrick if announced, so it would be the best fit for us.

2 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

just my deep hope, no info to suggest it would happen.  saw them do a little late night version of the fundamental show years back in a small 200 people venue that gave Chris a good run out while Neil just sung occasionally and it was really dancey and was amazing.  them doing something like that again would be amazing. 

As said above, them on IICON at 2am would be one of the best moments of the weekend. Is the area big enough for them and at that time of night? Can a stage be put there for them? Who knows. 

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

As said above, them on IICON at 2am would be one of the best moments of the weekend. Is the area big enough for them and at that time of night? Can a stage be put there for them? Who knows. 

They are far, far to big for any late night announced set. They are one of the biggest UK artists of all time. There would be absolute bedlam.

This is the company they are keeping when it comes to record sales

Screenshot_20200102-113639_Chrome.jpg

19 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I have to admit, I've only been into PSB since they came out with The Killers last year. If they perform I'll 100% be there!

I'm also thinking Other stage headliner. A clash with Taylor would be perfect for me also and I think they're a crowd-pleaser for the day ticket folks. I have friends who would see Macca and I'd certainly see Kendrick if announced, so it would be the best fit for us.

Noel is clashing with Taylor so rule that one out.

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They are far, far to big for any late night announced set. They are one of the biggest UK artists of all time. There would be absolute bedlam.

This is the company they are keeping when it comes to record sales

Then people saying they could headline West Holtz/Park are also way far out. Other stage or nothing then. 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

What would the chance of Pet Shop Boys sub headline under Taylor? I think that'd be a great set up. 

That would be tremendous but I reckon it’s more likely to be headlining the other. Going to see them in Glasgow before the festival. Their previous tours have been great and are on sky arts catch up 

still no mention of them on the rumours page! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Just now, chazwwe said:

Then people saying they could headline West Holtz/Park are also way far out. Other stage or nothing then. 

That depends who they are up against.

At 2am they wouldn't be up against anyone big enough.

I still think PSB will play West Holts.