Pet Shop Boys 2020?

Hugh Jass

Really like the new album (but love everything they have ever done so that is no surprise) a nice finish to the Price trilogy. Their Greatest hits tour at Glastonbury will be something special. Can’t think of many other bands that have that many hits to choose from and their last few shows have been really high energy, dancy, laser fests so will be one hell of a show I’m sure. Can imagine they will pull a few guests out of the bag too. 

18 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

LTMOD probably my favourite by them as well. Discography is one of those hits albums with nary a duffer to be found.

Their Imperial phase of single releases in the 80s is pretty much peerless.

From Suburbia to LTMOD is a ridiculously good run. Solid gold.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Being Boring in particular is a gem.

Yeah when it first came out I loved the song without really getting the story it’s trying to tell. A beautiful, melancholy bit of songwriting.

Doesn't quite go in the ‘Imperial Phase’ as the slightly weak ‘It’s Alright’ breaks up the run, sitting between LTMOD and So Hard, which BB follows. Harsh, I know.

6 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Yeah when it first came out I loved the song without really getting the story it’s trying to tell. A beautiful, melancholy bit of songwriting.

Doesn't quite go in the ‘Imperial Phase’ as the slightly weak ‘It’s Alright’ breaks up the run, sitting between LTMOD and So Hard, which BB follows. Harsh, I know.

I love "Its Alright" and the original by Sterling Void. Loving the new album. Mad to think Neil is 66 this year. 

I may have stated this before, but:

Their first three albums (at least) are just impeccable pop. As a rock fan at the time I should have hated them. But as a rock fan who was also into musical technology, I couldn't ignore them.

Everybody was copying New Order's Blue Monday as the template/test case for their new, affordable(ish) Atari St/Commodore Amiga MIDI home studios. I mean just everybody. I found PSB stuff way more interesting to practice with personally.

PSB v Muse was a horrible clash for me. Started at Muse, wandered off to PSB and then wandered back to Muse. Total FOMO.

I so want to see them but I'll bet they will clash again.

11 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

I would have thought they are pretty much in then after prevaricating twice after being asked if they were going.

Three times and counting (Radio with Zoe Ball, Guardian, One Show). About as TBC as you can get I reckon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...