Pet Shop Boys 2020?

Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah - it's self-policing. Youll work it out yourself when you cant get any further forward.

We got into the Stones pit in the changeover after Primal Scream, but it was definitely a squeeze.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Only a few seemed to want out as they finished up and there was quite a push into the pit, I felt sorry for those trying to get out as they were definitely fighting against the tide.

That was by far the busiest I've known it though, normally 2 streams form, one in and one out and it's relatively easy.

Cool, thanks guys! Good to know

It seems my barrier going crew often head for the second barrier.... and for Kylie they were at the front barrier but theyd quite literally been there all day. I have zero interest in doing that, but it would be cool to see one headliner up close. 

I am assuming that all this is a lot easier with only 2--3 of you though, rather than a massive crowd. So depending on clashes, it may end up being that seeing kendrick there with the one whose super keen on him might be the best option.

When there's someone on who all of our group want to see (there were 25+ of us last 2 festivals) and it's going to be rammed such as Kylie, Lionel, Chic etc we tend to head directly behind the sound desks. It's slightly restricted view but you get loads of dancing space as nobody else bothers to go there. 

12 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Cool, thanks guys! Good to know

It seems my barrier going crew often head for the second barrier.... and for Kylie they were at the front barrier but theyd quite literally been there all day. I have zero interest in doing that, but it would be cool to see one headliner up close. 

I am assuming that all this is a lot easier with only 2--3 of you though, rather than a massive crowd. So depending on clashes, it may end up being that seeing kendrick there with the one whose super keen on him might be the best option.

You don't need to be there all day. Just turn up at the changeover.

We stayed there after Kylie though & went even closer for Miley.  (Top photo is mine, others by my friend)

FB_IMG_1578232625650.jpg

FB_IMG_1578232770494.jpg

FB_IMG_1578232799873.jpg

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

You don't need to be there all day. Just turn up at the changeover.

We stayed there after Kylie though & went even closer for Miley.  (Top photo is mine, others by my friend)

FB_IMG_1578232625650.jpg

FB_IMG_1578232770494.jpg

FB_IMG_1578232799873.jpg

Holy crap! That is indeed very close!

That's cool. I thought I might be able to get into the pit at the changeover, but its pretty great that you can get right to the front. This is definitely by 2020 mission (as I finally made it into the Underground Piano Bar last year and can scratch that weird obsession off the list)

I also did not have you down as a Miley guy.... but she for sure has some pretty amazing trousers on in that pic.

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Holy crap! That is indeed very close!

That's cool. I thought I might be able to get into the pit at the changeover, but its pretty great that you can get right to the front. This is definitely by 2020 mission (as I finally made it into the Underground Piano Bar last year and can scratch that weird obsession off the list)

I also did not have you down as a Miley guy.... but she for sure has some pretty amazing trousers on in that pic.

I wasn't to be honest. My friend wanted to stay, the rest of our group left... her husband had gone missing, so I stayed with her.

Miley was really good, a massive surprise. It was pretty heavy in parts. A proper Rock show.

Yeah, her pants were mint!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

What he said. I'd watched a band up in Avalon while Primal Scream were on. The walk down was interesting, the site seemed very quiet with almost everyone heading towards The Pyramid, including Seasick Steve who emerged from West Holts backstage bit and set off at quite a pace. I got there as Primal Scream were doing their last song and made my way to the side. 

Only a few seemed to want out as they finished up and there was quite a push into the pit, I felt sorry for those trying to get out as they were definitely fighting against the tide.

That was by far the busiest I've known it though, normally 2 streams form, one in and one out and it's relatively easy.

I was witness to the most stupid and irresponsible thing I’ve seen anywhere, yet alonE at Glastonbury that night.

We had a decent spot, about half way between stage and mixing desk, about level with the screen as you look at the stage. It was absolutely heaving down there, sardine territory. About three songs in and there’s a commotion ahead of us and it’s coming towards us. A woman is trying to get back from the crowd (coming from the center) with a kid in a pushchair! A fucking PUSHCHAIR!!! 

Couldn’t believe what I was seeing, why in the name of God would you take a pushchair that far in?!?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was witness to the most stupid and irresponsible thing I’ve seen anywhere, yet alonE at Glastonbury that night.

We had a decent spot, about half way between stage and mixing desk, about level with the screen as you look at the stage. It was absolutely heaving down there, sardine territory. About three songs in and there’s a commotion ahead of us and it’s coming towards us. A woman is trying to get back from the crowd (coming from the center) with a kid in a pushchair! A fucking PUSHCHAIR!!! 

Couldn’t believe what I was seeing, why in the name of God would you take a pushchair that far in?!?

Certainly endangering the kid, the area round the tree in the pyramid field and further back is a good spot for kids in those fantastically decorated carts. 

Anyway, Hopefully you will be able to remove the question mark in the thread title soon! 

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Friday and Sunday in the pit this year were trickier as there was a platform built into it which effectively removed about a quarter of the available space.

Literally didn't see anybody use the platform tho.. who was it made for?

Staying between the two FOH tents worked like a charm for me. As you can't get there from all sides, it always stayed quite calm.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

“...and there are excited rumours abounding that they are playing Glastonbury this year – “which we can’t talk about, which is annoying””

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jan/24/pet-shop-boys-the-acoustic-guitar-should-be-banned?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

This removes the final shadow of doubt that I had. I'm over the moon! 

• Upvote 1