Pet Shop Boys 2020?

Hugh Jass

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 12:49 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I think an R is the minimum after todays non denial 

We have a SR :-)

Capture.JPG

Edited by stuie

2 minutes ago, Bisque said:

When was the last time they played? I remember seeing part of their set featured in one of those BBC compilation videos. Didn’t they headline Other? Looked like fun set up.

2010 they headlined the Other Saturday Night. Brilliant fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bisque said:

Reckon they’d get the same slot 10 years later?

Possibly.

Depends who else is in the running for the slots.

I do feel that they are likely to be a West Holts headliner though.

1 minute ago, Bisque said:

I think so yeah. In 2000 (they only play big Anniversaries apparently) they Subbed the Pyramid but in an interview a couple of months back Tennant said they only like playing in the dark which means most likely a headline slot. Their 2010 gig certainly wouldn’t have been as good in Daylight, their Stage set would have been wasted.

Some have suggested West Holts but I personally think they might be a bit too big for that. Depends how big the headliners are elsewhere I guess.

3 hours ago, Bisque said:

It'd be pretty odd to put them any lower.

They got one of the largest Other Headline crowds of the last 10 years (though to be honest that's not saying a whole lot), and if anything there's more hype behind them now than there was 10 years ago considering the Hyde Park thing and that they're heading out on a Greatest Hits tour hitting a large number of arenas.

Maybe 2nd or 3rd from top on the Pyramid would work but they've said that they want darkness.

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Plum centre, at the back of the pit is my go to position.... 

FB_IMG_1563609020598.jpg

4-5 rows forward is my go to. Enough room to dance and just enough squish to make it feel like everyone you're next to is your best friend. Was right around there for Radiohead. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Typical, I’ve been looking every day hoping to see them as SR and the one bloody day I don’t check this happens. Well done Stuie. 

I must be getting slow.😁

I’m not going to mention age ... I must not mention age ... I must not mention age 

• Like 1

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Best not to, it’s been a bit of a sensitive issue today!  

It’s ok I stopped myself ... now to work out the placement of them ... opposite Kendrick somewhere would be best for me or subbing Taylor .. but they like to be in darkness ... or would they make a Glastonbury exception ... doubt it as they probably knew when they made that statement 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s ok I stopped myself ... now to work out the placement of them ... opposite Kendrick somewhere would be best for me or subbing Taylor .. but they like to be in darkness ... or would they make a Glastonbury exception ... doubt it as they probably knew when they made that statement 

Yes opposite Kendrick on the other was what I was hoping for. 

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was a good place to sit and drink cider.  And sounds cracking back there with all the repeaters in the field.

I actually quite enjoy being by the repeaters taking the atmosphere in for a big act. When you’re in the thick of it you don’t quite appreciate what you’re in the thick of until you watch it back on TV.

53 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

@FuzzyDunlop and @Gnomicide - given that you're both pit entry pros, how does it work....do they have someone stopping additional folk getting in when it gets to full?

And Gnomicide, for the Stones were you still in the pit before the sub?

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We got into the Stones pit in the changeover after Primal Scream, but it was definitely a squeeze.

What he said. I'd watched a band up in Avalon while Primal Scream were on. The walk down was interesting, the site seemed very quiet with almost everyone heading towards The Pyramid, including Seasick Steve who emerged from West Holts backstage bit and set off at quite a pace. I got there as Primal Scream were doing their last song and made my way to the side. 

Only a few seemed to want out as they finished up and there was quite a push into the pit, I felt sorry for those trying to get out as they were definitely fighting against the tide.

That was by far the busiest I've known it though, normally 2 streams form, one in and one out and it's relatively easy.