Pet Shop Boys 2020?

Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

I have other mates though who get OBSESSED with being at the barrier. To do that, it's pretty hard to go anywhere. They're already talking about spending the whole day there before Maca. But that's really not my thing...

I have seen a lot at the Pyramid, including some pretty busy sets (Kylie for example) and have always got in the pit at the changeover.

Depending on who is on before Macca and probably swift, I will be doing the same this year.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have seen a lot at the Pyramid, including some pretty busy sets (Kylie for example) and have always got in the pit at the changeover.

Depending on who is on before Macca and probably swift, I will be doing the same this year.

Oh really? You must have some pretty excellent crowd navigation skills. I guess I've never really needed to test mine out at the Pyramid at headliner time before. 

Do you think it will be harder for Maca? I'm not fussed about being right at the barrier, but my friends might wanna get quite close...and I don't really wanna see him if it's not with a big crew of us. This happened at The Killers. I'd gone there to meet some friends but they'd gone right up to the pit, and I couldn't get to them (even though I was there well before they came on). The fact that most of the crowd were sitting down didn't help. As I had zero interest in watching The Killers without a crew, I eventually gave up and went to meet another friend instead. Maybe the memory of that failure is tainting my opinion. 

Edited by Sasperella

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Oh really? You must have some pretty excellent crowd navigation skills. I guess I've never really needed to test mine out at the Pyramid at headliner time before. 

Do you think it will be harder for Maca? I'm not fussed about being right at the barrier, but my friends might wanna get quite close...and I don't really wanna see him if it's not with a big crew of us. 

its obviously harder to sneak in if there are more of you ( no daisy chains please :) )  but its very possible at sub time to get in the pit between acts ... I dont tend to as I love a bit of room for my dad / non dad dancing unskills ... I would put the sunday as the hardest as lots of people tend to camp out more at the pyramid then 

19 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Do you think it will be harder for Maca? I'm not fussed about being right at the barrier, but my friends might wanna get quite close...and I don't really wanna see him if it's not with a big crew of us. This happened at The Killers. I'd gone there to meet some friends but they'd gone right up to the pit, and I couldn't get to them (even though I was there well before they came on). The fact that most of the crowd were sitting down didn't help. As I had zero interest in watching The Killers without a crew, I eventually gave up and went to meet another friend instead. Maybe the memory of that failure is tainting my opinion. 

How busy it'll be I'd say depends on who he is up against I'd say. If you walk past the greenpeace shop (to the left of the pyramid as you look at it), as close to the shop as you can be. Get there at the end of the previous act & mooch your way in from there.

Should have no trouble. 2 of my friends went to see Adele.  They got into the pit for her, no issues at all.

41 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

...This happened at The Killers. I'd gone there to meet some friends but they'd gone right up to the pit, and I couldn't get to them (even though I was there well before they came on). The fact that most of the crowd were sitting down didn't help.

The hardest I've know to get into the pit was for The Stones, I got to the side as Primal Scream were doing their last song, bit of a crush but just went with the crowd. I didn't get anywhere near the front but was in the pit and the sound is better a little back anyway.

Everyone else has been easy enough. The Killers was only a problem because of so many idiots sitting down. Tremendous moment as a youngish girl trying to weave through gave up with the niceties and just stood on someone's leg to get past. There was cheering. 

People on chairs as well. I vented my anger by taking photo's of them so I could repeat my tutting when I got home.

20190629_204329.thumb.jpg.3f31f47fd9594c4e197967a02450b41d.jpg

20190629_203715.thumb.jpg.6ed0e4ee8b1131801c9955eef0ae0abc.jpg

20190629_205924.thumb.jpg.5d8023b9085098a7d110e8248f8158b0.jpg

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Everyone else has been easy enough. The Killers was only a problem because of so many idiots sitting down. Tremendous moment as a youngish girl trying to weave through gave up with the niceties and just stood on someone's leg to get past. There was cheering. 

People on chairs as well. I vented my anger by taking photo's of them so I could repeat my tutting when I got home.

Haha!! Great pics - I am also now mentally tutting. Wonder if there are any guilty efesters amongst them 😉 You're definitely right about it being them that was the problem. I remember thinking at the time that it hadn't been anywhere near as hard to get everyone through the Radiohead crowd but assumed maybe that was because we'd been earlier or slightly further back or whatever. The whole incident has put me well off trying to get the near the front again, but that's probably silly. 

On a side note, can we chalk this up as another point for "Extreme Mud" in that ongoing debate? There definitely weren't any fuckers sitting on the ground in 2016....

50 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

How busy it'll be I'd say depends on who he is up against I'd say. If you walk past the greenpeace shop (to the left of the pyramid as you look at it), as close to the shop as you can be. Get there at the end of the previous act & mooch your way in from there.

Should have no trouble. 2 of my friends went to see Adele.  They got into the pit for her, no issues at all.

When you were in the pit for Kylie did you still have room to dance about? I think the only gigs I've ever really ever been at the front for have been punk/metal gigs where being crushed is an essential part of the experience.

35 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

When you were in the pit for Kylie did you still have room to dance about? I think the only gigs I've ever really ever been at the front for have been punk/metal gigs where being crushed is an essential part of the experience.

There tends to be plenty of room to have a boogie in my experience near the front, however not been close to the barriers for a headliner since Muse in 2010 & were tutted at for some slight moshing.

Our own fault really.

Edited by Bisque

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

The hardest I've know to get into the pit was for The Stones, I got to the side as Primal Scream were doing their last song, bit of a crush but just went with the crowd. I didn't get anywhere near the front but was in the pit and the sound is better a little back anyway.

20190629_204329.thumb.jpg.3f31f47fd9594c4e197967a02450b41d.jpg

20190629_203715.thumb.jpg.6ed0e4ee8b1131801c9955eef0ae0abc.jpg

20190629_205924.thumb.jpg.5d8023b9085098a7d110e8248f8158b0.jpg

Screw people sitting down, even when loads are doing it and I feel like I need to I don't coz I know how annoyed I get at it. Im glad I didn't see this as I skipped the Pyramid most of this year. I assume a lot of the people there were camped out before or during Liam. 

Will get in towards the end of the sub headliner (last 2-3 songs) for most bands if I see them at the Pyramid and then slowly make my way in as the crowd changes over. 

Also as others have said, sound at the front 5-6 rows is a little base intense for my liking, the best position for me is more further to the back rail. 

8 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I think it depends how near you want to get. Its a lot easier for one person to duck out for a wee and make it back than it is for a whole group to push their way to the front. I've only ever really cared about getting a decent spot for Radiohead, and was moe than happy with the Royal Blood - XX - Radiohead run. The majority of our friends were able to congregate at the space we'd got for ourselves ready for The XX and then we all stayed there through till the end of Radiohead's set. 

I have other mates though who get OBSESSED with being at the barrier. To do that, it's pretty hard to go anywhere. They're already talking about spending the whole day there before Maca. But that's really not my thing...

Fuck the barrier, hurts my ears being too close for a headliner.

13 hours ago, Sasperella said:

There is more room in the pit than outside it generally.

I very rarely see an act when Im not in the pit:

Madness,

Chic (my friend was pregnant & didn't want to crush past people)

Kasabian

They are the only 3 pyramid acts I have seen (well the acts Ive wanted to) from outside the pit.

18 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There is more room in the pit than outside it generally.

I very rarely see an act when Im not in the pit:

Madness,

Chic (my friend was pregnant & didn't want to crush past people)

Kasabian

They are the only 3 pyramid acts I have seen (well the acts Ive wanted to) from outside the pit.

I'm not even sure I realised there was a pit until this year...I don't really know how that's possible, because I have obvs been at the Pyramid numerous times, but there we go. I guess I know what I need to cross off the Glasto bucket list in 2020! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

the long list of bland.

One mans bland is another mans Bucksfast 🤷‍♂️

Either way, the list highlights just how popular the PSB have been over the years. They are still selling out Hyde Park and filling arenas at £100+ a pop.

A late night announced set would be dangerous. I suppose the amount of people inside SE corner could be controlled. It would be bedlam on the walkways upto there though.

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Fuck the barrier, hurts my ears being too close for a headliner.

The barrier people are a confusing bunch. There’s obviously some pros to it but it baffles me how anyone can be arsed to sacrifice so much of your day in order to be 10 yards closer than if you rocked up with 20 minutes to go. Admire their commitment though.