Pet Shop Boys 2020?

Hugh Jass

Last time they played Glastonbury it was a closed set cos of the production (that wall of bricks etc). If they need that kind of set again, they could only really headline. However, for a more minimal set (like they had on the last tour), they could easily sub the Pyramid. What was the stage setup last night, for the Hyde Park thing?

32 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Last time they played Glastonbury it was a closed set cos of the production (that wall of bricks etc). If they need that kind of set again, they could only really headline. However, for a more minimal set (like they had on the last tour), they could easily sub the Pyramid. What was the stage setup last night, for the Hyde Park thing?

Quite minimalist. Basically a full height backdrop curtain and 2 revolving discs that they used to enter. Apart from that it was a basic stage setup.

Could easily see that on West Holts, but depending who they're up against they may need to be on t'Other (if only considering them as headliners).

Edited by MoilyX

58 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

Quite minimalist. Basically a full height backdrop curtain and 2 revolving discs that they used to enter. Apart from that it was a basic stage setup.

Could easily see that on West Holts, but depending who they're up against they may need to be on t'Other (if only considering them as headliners).

Ah, yeah, those discs are what they used on the last tour, I think. That’s a pretty basic set up, and could easily work on any stage and any slot. I imagine they’ll be revamping everything for the tour that kicks off next year though, I presume it’s going to be a lot more spectacular for the greatest hits show. But they could easily use that disc thing for Glastonbury

Watching that pre-gig interview now (thanks @Gnomicide ) they’ve mentioned Glastonbury twice. It’s clearly on their mind, and i wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t a handshake agreement when they were there earlier this year. 

I’m always sort of surprised, cos I never think of them as a Glastonbury band, but of course they are, lots of history with the festival, and i reckon they ‘get it’ more than a lot of other artists.