Pet Shop Boys 2020?

Hugh Jass

I was wondering while watching Kylie who they could possibly get for next year - they’ve done most of the obvious ones now.  I didn’t like the others that I could think of (eg Robbie) or thought them unlikely to accept anything other than headliner (eg Elton).  Pet Shop Boys is a great shout - they were brilliant in 2010 - and certainly have a catalogue of well know singalongs.

14 hours ago, faymondo said:

I think they have a new album out next year so I hope they do turn up. Their 2010 Other Stage headline slot is up there in my fave Glastonbury moments. 

Yep. One of my favourite headliners too.  Would have said my favourite ever other stage headliner but after the Chemical Brothers on Saturday night there is some competition for that title. 

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would love to have been there to witness your conflicting emotions when Stranger Things Guy Smiley brought the Pet Shop Boys out on Saturday evening.

I nearly left. At least they didn't do one of their originals.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:56 PM, faymondo said:

I think they have a new album out next year so I hope they do turn up. Their 2010 Other Stage headline slot is up there in my fave Glastonbury moments. 

Mine too. Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them again.

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

A girl I met at Blue Dot said Pet Shop Boys were one of the worst gigs she's ever been to, but I'm hoping it was just an off day for them...

I don't think they can have an off day. At the end of the day its just two 60ish year old fellas one singing and one on keyboard hence why they always have decent visuals to go with them. All down to if you like them or not.