The two towers on Pyramid Stage

Pauljoanss

Either side of the sound desk on the Pyramid Stage were two very tall towers, each with two individual pods on the top. I thought they could be remote cameras, because no camera men visible but why 4 individual pods with similar viewpoint. Alternatively could they be special lights for an act we did not see. A y ideas?

They’re for spotlight operators. There used to be a single 3 storey FOH production tower that had sound on the lower level, the. Lighting desk above and spot operators on the top but this created a massive area in the bowls with no view of the stage. In 2013 they switched to putting the FOH sound mixing in two separate single level structures, moved the lighting techs onto the side of the stage and put designed these towered to reduce the amount of space in the field where the stage could not be seen. 

https://www.stages.co.uk/site-structures/spot-pods

Many thanks for the reply, I remember well the single tower and have not been since 2011.

I was only there on a Sunday ticket and only saw The Cure from some way behind the towers but did not get any sense of any activity or light coming from them. Maybe they were not used by The Cure or maybe I just missed it?