Sad News Security Guy Died

cheesey_toastie

Chatting to one of the security guards on my volunteering shift, not sure if it was the same firm as the feller who died.

They were all working 12 shifts with no breaks, and the guy I was talking had to pull a 24hr shift as his replacement didn't turn up.

Not sure if that's normal for this kind of work but I thought it was outrageous.

Security were absolutely brilliant this year, in my experience. I alerted them to a couple of incidents which needed intervention and they played it with discretion and professionalism. Otherwise, they were good humoured, tireless, dedicated human beings whose hard work in making 2019 what it was can’t be overstated.  

So sorry to read about this tragedy. Thank you to that man.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mazola said:

Chatting to one of the security guards on my volunteering shift, not sure if it was the same firm as the feller who died.

They were all working 12 shifts with no breaks, and the guy I was talking had to pull a 24hr shift as his replacement didn't turn up.

Not sure if that's normal for this kind of work but I thought it was outrageous.

Aye. Spoke to a security bloke working beyond his 12 hour shift as well. He was in such good spirits, way more so than I would have been. Sounded brutal and they did an excellent job.

Very sad news. 

Sad news. Despite putting in the graft all the security, volunteers, police etc on site seem tonget with the flow of the festival and get mucked in have a laugh with you and help out of needed.

Half the time I see the police they are stood there with a map helping people find wherever. It's a good vibe that you don't often get at large events elsewhere.

Sad that someone has lost their life working there. Extreme conditions to work in, long hours, lots of walking etc maybes something the festival can look into to try and improve next time round.