Biggest Surprises

ICGenie

Who did you happen to see that you perhaps did plan that blew your sock off?

For me it was Years And Years.  Didn’t know anything about them, recognised a couple of tunes towards the end.  But I thought they were fantastic.  Great pop performance, polished but still human and Olly’s speech was so heartfelt.  I was transfixed.  Not sure I’d listen to their music at home but I’d definitely consider buying a ticket to see them live.

Wasn't sure about Denzel Curry on record but was blown away by him live, so much energy.

Went to see Fullee Love Collective on Thursday just off the back of it being Soup off of J5 without any idea what it'd be like. It was one hell of a party.

I'd been planning on seeing Ocean Wisdom but wasn't feeling it so hopped across to Babymetal on whim and that was much better than expected. Watching folk trying to copy the dancing was hilarious.

28 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

Who did you happen to see that you perhaps did plan that blew your sock off?

For me it was Years And Years.  Didn’t know anything about them, recognised a couple of tunes towards the end.  But I thought they were fantastic.  Great pop performance, polished but still human and Olly’s speech was so heartfelt.  I was transfixed.  Not sure I’d listen to their music at home but I’d definitely consider buying a ticket to see them live.

I just reflected on the Years & Years speech in the Emotional thread - completely agree 

Loyle Carner was fantastic, on the tail end of a 4/5 day comedown he had me with a few tears with the engagement of his pals on stage! 

Sports Team on Friday were amazing, I was in a real spot of bother (there is a bit of theme here) and the combination of having a man crush on the lead singer and the Bloody Mary got me back to where I needed to be..!

16 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The beatboxers on the Gateway on sunday afternoon.  As loose and inspiring a buzz as I've felt anywhere this weekend. Totally freestyle - sick as the kids would say.

I saw them, they were called BURD, stopped me in my tracks on the way to the Acoustic Stage - absolutely incredible, I stayed for their 30 min slot 

• Like 1

Just now, BL1ND T1G3R said:

I saw them, they were called BURD, stopped me in my tracks on the way to the Acoustic Stage - absolutely incredible, I stayed for their 30 min slot 

Thanks mate!!! It was fuckin marvliss.

Beatbox Collective and a band called Hedgemono (?) in the band stand; the latter stopped us in our tracks and we sat and watched the rest. Billy Ray Cyrus/ Lil Naz X- Old Town Road was the biggest surprise (literally) of the whole weekend for me though; along with Sir David Attenborough.