What did you manage to do and what didn't you?

Beerqueen

11 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Did go down the rabbit hole. Properly. No queue. Fucking hell it was a peice of magic. 

Was the queued bit to the left of main rabbit hole a fake secret one then? And there was another small entrance to the right of the rabbit hole?

I also randomly accosted @crazyfool1 I think sometime on Wednesday near Pangea - apologies didn’t mean to be evasive about my username (I’m also @Sara_out_west and sure I used to be something else years ago - will get round to tidying them up soon)!  

@adequate8 @adequate8 - would scalping fit the bill? Saw them at croissant late Sunday and they where a tonic for weary limbs - pushing them just that little bit further! Enjoyed Black Midi too.

10 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Was the queued bit to the left of main rabbit hole a fake secret one then? And there was another small entrance to the right of the rabbit hole?

It all leads to the same place, but I went in on the right!

Did

Saw Billy Bragg.... I love Billy Bragg, but in previious years there’s always been better options for me

Saw an act in Strummerville... Matilda and the Broken Bones.... I’d visited Strummerville before, but never seen anyone perform there.... it was magical.

Didn’t

Visit Glastonbury on Sea .... queues were too long.

Go into The Rabbit Hole.... never been in, always meant to. 

19 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

- Didnt make it further east than West Holts (to Acoustic + Circus areas)

- Didnt get around to fisiting Avalon

- Didnt get Goan Fish Curry

- Didnt find any of the hidden stages (piano bar, funkingham palace etc.)

Felt like there is still so much of the site to see and explore, guess I'll just have to look next year

I read that as fisting ? there might be areas that you could do this, wouldn’t have thought Avalon was one of them

Did:

- visit Stone Circle for the first time

- Stone Dragon

- proper walk around SEC when it wasn't too busy - tried some doors in SL but all locked - tried to follow a woman through a door but she slammed in our faces and said 'passes only' :(

- see someone on the Park Stage for the first time

- walk up to the sign

- visit the Woods for the first time

Didn't:

- Strummerville

- Lost Horizons (would've on Saturday just to be naked and try cool off but really wanted the full sauna/shower experience but this was after they shut off the showers :( )

- Glastonbury-on-Sea - walked past on Thurs but was closed and didn't have time the rest of the fest

- see a sunrise

- watch the fireworks from the hill on Weds (watched from the hill on the farm side of the site instead)

- go to Co-op

- go to secret bit of Rabbit hole - went into the bar but somehow thought they had removed the 'secret' bit so didn't bother poking around!

Did:

- Make it up to the Crow's nest

- Saw a West Holts headliner for the first time (Janelle!) 

- Make an effort to expand beyond the usual burger/chips food cycle

Didn't:

- Make it to Strummerville, got to the stone circle and just couldn't face the final climb. 

- Go up the Ribbon tower, always a queue!

- Didn't watch a single act in John Peel for the first time since I started going in 14. 

Did: 

Get possibly the best festival food I've had from no bones jones

Cry at Lizzo

Worship at the Head (IICON) pretty much every night

Make it to Beat Hotel closing party (sad it's not going to be there next year)

Fashion an ice box at camp and have cold pints

Saw in the sunrise Monday morning at the stone circle

Get into NYC Downlow

Fall asleep against a post by Stonebridge during Ross from Friends

Catch the end of Foals - my first "secret" set

Discover that space blankets on the outside of the tent do absolutely nothing to reduce heat

Didn't:

Get anywhere near the Streets

Get into Rabbit hole/crows nest/wormhole/cenote/Glastonbury-on-Sea

See David Attenborough

For a festival where I came away feeling like I did and saw much less than usual due to the heat, making this list has made me realise how much I did still get around to doing

On 7/1/2019 at 10:25 PM, Quark said:

Ditto

double ditto - we even had 'taches in the right colour but no luck. Had planned to use the four we had then pass them through the smoking area for the rest of the group. 

We did manage:

• A pyramid headliner (Killers)
  • An other headliner (Chems - used interstage cut through for Saturday night double header)
  • Pangea (Fatboy Eats Everything from the Tow and Hitch viewing platform and Andy C closing it on Sunday)
  • Cineramageddon (Escape From NY on Sunday)
  • Two nights through to sunrise (Thursday in Maceos until dawn and Saturday ending at Genosys)
  • IIcon, for Larry Heard
  • Bimble Inn on Wednesday
  • Crows Nest for a Sunday arvo bevvy
  • Fontaines DC in JPT (bit underwhelmed actually)
  • Several short trips to Pyramid and Other for: Tom Odell, Babymetal, Circa Waves, Slaves. 
  • Bought a t shirt
  • Shopped at Oxfam
  • Had a massage in the healing fields (thanks Maggie)
  • Met family for my Mum's birthday
  • Took my mum to late night Shangri-La
  • Cocktail in the rocket lounge
  • Sunday night fancy dress party
  • Elvana, Sunday (At Truth, though we only made it for the last song, which was a Bowie cover, so this is a didn't)
  • Worked far too many hours (34/133 between Wednesday waking & Monday bed) and slept far too few (16/133).

Didn't:

• Visit T&C
  • Visit Poetry and words, despite promising a poet I'd see him there
  • Visit West Holts
  • Get to Strummerville, again
  • Make anything
  • Go to Temple
  • Get into Funkingham Palace/Rabbit Hole proper, despite having dice for queue jump
  • Hear any ska 

1 hour ago, Sundance said:

Did: 

Get possibly the best festival food I've had from no bones jones

For a festival where I came away feeling like I did and saw much less than usual due to the heat, making this list has made me realise how much I did still get around to doing

I felt the same - working seemed to take up so much time I felt we didn't get to see as much, but this list has made me realise that I did, I just destroyed myself with lack of sleep. 

I'm related to the NBJ crew - glad you enjoyed their food.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:11 PM, blutarsky said:

I felt the same - working seemed to take up so much time I felt we didn't get to see as much, but this list has made me realise that I did, I just destroyed myself with lack of sleep. 

I'm related to the NBJ crew - glad you enjoyed their food.

Ooh please tell them how much me and my fam enjoyed the food! I introduced my mum and dad and they went back every day. Such a welcome change from the normal festival stodge to have something tasty and pretty healthy :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sundance said:

Ooh please tell them how much me and my fam enjoyed the food! I introduced my mum and dad and they went back every day. Such a welcome change from the normal festival stodge to have something tasty and pretty healthy :) 

will do! 

Did

Finally got down the SE Corner!

Saw a massively varied range of acts and got the Mrs away from the bigger stages

Saw the Shakespeare 

Helped carry Scott Doonican in his dinghy 

Went to Arcadia for a proper set

Remembered to give Hare Krishna a donation for food

Got up close to the Wednesday fireworks 

Get to the Cider Bus

Really enjoy talking to complete strangers

Didn’t

Get into Strummerville, the Rabbit Hole or Crows Nest even though we were in WV

See a sunrise

See several acts I wanted to!

Get sunburnt

See ME

Miss the long hike and Wednesday morning queue

From my to do list of things I'd never done previously

I Did

Watch a movie at Cineramageddon. Watch an act at Glasto Latino.  Arcadia's Pangea. Go in the spike. Listen to a Michael Eavis talk

I Didn't:

Go to the wormhole, Rabbit Hole, Underground Piano Bar, Crows nest, Temple, Glastonbury on sea. Buy a T-Shirt (though I got a metal water bottle). See Mik Artistik.

Did - make the meet after circling for a bit, met about 3 people and then ran off / chill out at Crows Nest, spent a lot of time up the park overall / go the glasto sign / Shangri La, Truth stage for Denzel. Great start to a wonderful weekend of music for me / watch acts on all the main stages / stick mostly to my plan, ditching partner and pals to do my own thing a lot. Loved it / drink plenty of water and electrolytes. Life saver / go overboard on Sunday night on the bourbon (hadn’t touched it till then so thought I had to finish the lot), puking a bit on myself during the Cure.

Didn’t - go strummerville or stone circle / go the pier once it opened, felt like once I’d seen it whilst it was still get worked on I was done with it / even see cinearmegeddon / really venture out of my food comfort zone / feel rough at all till the Monday / take enough photos and certainly no decent ones, always vow to do better and never do. 

Edited by HeyPorter

15 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Didn't - take enough photos and certainly no decent ones, always vow to do better and never do. 

Ditto. My photos are always few and rubbish. Never mind, better to enjoy it than experience it all through a lens.