Emotional moments

Crazyfool01

18 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ok so as guys go .. I'm one that isn't afraid to show emotion ... for me Kylie had me in tears several times .... what were the highs and lows for you emotionally ? 

I completely lost the plot and broke down when Kylie was talking about pulling out of headlining before.

I think 7 days of partying and over indulgence all caught up with me at that beautiful moment, in my fave place with some of my best people.

2 hours ago, tumbles said:

First Glasto since I became a parent - I can cope with being away from the kids for a few days as part of my job involves being away mid week quite a lot. However on the Thursday mid morning DJ session at the Greenpeace stage saw a dad with his son probably no more than 1 year old having a ball - at that point I completely broke down for a minute or two wanting it to be me with my son. 

Bring them along next time. Its definitely a very different festival, but seeing them take in new sights and wonders is brilliant. In fact for me my emotional moment was taking my three year old on the Helter-skelter in the Avalon Fields, He was sooo excited and happy it bought a tear to my eye.

33 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Beans on Toast at Greenpeace. 2nd festival running he's got me with Jamie & Lilly.

Him singing about the NHS in Avalon got me. As a nurse and a huge advocate of the NHS I ended up a bit leaky eyed despite having heard it before 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Digi said:

Him singing about the NHS in Avalon got me. As a nurse and a huge advocate of the NHS I ended up a bit leaky eyed despite having heard it before 

There were a few NHS workers around the tent, I could see it got to the woman standing in front of me.

1 hour ago, sprocketrocket said:

Bring them along next time. Its definitely a very different festival, but seeing them take in new sights and wonders is brilliant. In fact for me my emotional moment was taking my three year old on the Helter-skelter in the Avalon Fields, He was sooo excited and happy it bought a tear to my eye.

I definately noticed more people with their kids, but then I saw a girl maybe 2 years old being held by her dad about 10pm one night while they were dancing away in the glade - poor thing was in floods of tears clearly knackered and a bit too loud for her. I felt desperately sorry for the girl. Thankfully they left shortly after.  I would love to bring at least the 5 yo in for a day next year.  The wife mentioned about going to some of the more friendly ones but when you looked at the prices and factored that the kids would have to pay it suddenly makes Glasto look very good value when you consider they get in for free. 

I lost it watching the Pyramid crowd go nuts to Wonderwall at sunset, having barely made the festival myself due to a leg injury, with some best friends (who I normally go with) having left the festival early on (as in the Wednesday evening) for terrible and sudden personal reasons, and having my family around me who barely made it themselves in 2017 due to a very bad illness... 

Edited by GlastoEls
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

don't worry .. I Never quite got her when I saw her once ...  maybe levels of concentration weren't there at the time ... but would say its hard even with English as native language 

That's good to know. Thank you very much. I've was quite impressed by her set nevertheless. Really glad to have finally seen her.

Among the emotional moments, I also would add Michael and Emily Eavis singing Something Stupid together  :

Img_1225.jpg

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, tumbles said:

I definately noticed more people with their kids, but then I saw a girl maybe 2 years old being held by her dad about 10pm one night while they were dancing away in the glade - poor thing was in floods of tears clearly knackered and a bit too loud for her. I felt desperately sorry for the girl. Thankfully they left shortly after.  I would love to bring at least the 5 yo in for a day next year.  The wife mentioned about going to some of the more friendly ones but when you looked at the prices and factored that the kids would have to pay it suddenly makes Glasto look very good value when you consider they get in for free. 

Yeah, you have to balance what you want to see with what you do see, I wanted to see the chemical brothers, but took the kids to see Killers cause we figured it would be a bit nicer for them. As I say it's a different festival but it is what you make it. 

For other smaller kid friendly festivals you can't beat Bearded Theory. It's a very similar ethos to Glastonbury but on a much smaller scale. If your 5yo is at school Bearded do a national curriculum based festival kids school too so you can get authorisation to get them out on the Thursday and Friday without stupid fines etc.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Went several times during Kylie. All The Lovers sounded fucking fantastic.

That set me off.  Hadn't planned on seeing her as I saw her in Sep and was going to watch Skinny Lister instead, but knew mates were there and I fancied a party. That tune absolutely nailed it, and made up for the odd version of CGYOOMH.

Didn't make up for Chris Martin though. He's trying to out- Nile Rodgers Nile Rodgers.

Final moments of the festival got me. This was my sixth Glastonbury, and every year I make an effort to watch the sun rise at least once, but weather/tendency of falling asleep after a few drinks, meant I've never actually seen it. Sunday Night was this years attempt and the clouds were making it look like another failed attempt. It had been a great year, just me and my girlfriend for the festival for the first time, pretty much everything had been wonderful, I'd just seen the Cure play an incredible Pyramid headline set, and it felt a shame it was going to end without the sunrise, especially as I won't be able to attend next year. 

Then the cloud cleared and we finally saw the sun rise over the festival, curled up in front of the Glastonbury sign, and it was just one of those perfect moments.

I burst into tears as soon as the 'We are delighted to announce Sir David Attenborough will appear on the Pyramid stage' notification came up on my phone, so you can imagine what I was like when he walked out on stage. He is to me as God is to a religious person, so I was a little overwhelmed...

2 hours ago, franswa said:

That's good to know. Thank you very much. I've was quite impressed by her set nevertheless. Really glad to have finally seen her.

Among the emotional moments, I also would add Michael and Emily Eavis singing Something Stupid together  :

Img_1225.jpg

Ah man, what a moment. I was welling up loads during Michael's set. So very glad I caught it :)

I'm a soppy sod at the best of times and nearly went during Kylie, Lizzo, The Cure and David Attenborough. But my three "oh my god I'm actually crying" moments were:

Grace Petrie during the song about driving from Glastonbury to meet her newborn niece and then of course Black Tie. Beautiful stuff.

Kate Tempest. Just as she was leaving the stage the emotional impact of the whole set hit me at once, coupled with the sight of The Park and this overwhelming love of the festival that I had missed so much since we were last there and just missing my late best mate so fucking much in that moment. Was a struggle to get my head back in the game for a moment there, but so worth it. These moments make it for me.

Monday morning. Just felt so unbelievably gutted to be leaving. Just crying and saying to my other half that I couldn't believe it was over and "I just love this place so much"... :(

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Yeah at one point I don't think there was a dry eye in the house on Sunday afternoon, she definitely went out for it big as if it was her chance to finally headline right there. People might say about Chris coming out etc but if she felt he had a big influence in the whole thing and that was her way then fairplay.

On 7/1/2019 at 6:41 PM, franswa said:

Michael Kiwanuka - Love and Hate as a finisher of his Park gig

I wish I'd have English as a mother tongue to fully understand what Kate Tempest said. I've seen so many people during the set who were truly moved to tears.

NGL he should have headlined that stage, cat powers crowd was tiny and looked pretty bad.

Idles - Mother his little pre speech set me off. Becoming a step mum this year really hit me hard!

During Kylie when I looked up and read the proposal message on the plane.

During the Killers watching a happily pilled up young couple bonding next to me - clearly in that early 'not quite a couple but want to be' stage

Tame Impala - Less I Know the Better is a massive tune for my group of friends and I almost shed some joy tears for the love of my pals ❤

9 hours ago, andyhh said:

Beans on Toast at Avolon on Saturday. A trio of love songs that set off a group next to us and gave me a rather large lump in my throat. 

Me too! Seen Beans more times than I can remember but this one really got me, especially when Jamie and the couple got on stage. Great gig that was. 

EDIT hold on, I meant the set he did on Thursday on the Greenpeace stage... as you were

Edited by The Spandex Warrior