Emotional moments

Crazyfool01

Sadly I left Kate Tempest for the Chems (bad decision, but not the Chems’ fault) and I was enraptured but not too emotional for the first 25 minutes. I’m guessing that would have changed for Hold On though. Bloody love that tune. 

4 hours ago, crocodiles said:

I fill all up for no reason as I get older 

But just like heaven got me going my favourite cure song and to hear it at the pyramid 

Sunshine on leith and I'm not Scottish but it's so beautiful 

Ah wish I could watch proclaimers online somewhere!

Moment with The Good The Bad And The Queen........Ribbons, looking up at the Glastonbury sign at people milling around in the sunshine. I was home.....?

The Cure Burn.

keane... crying like a baby at Bedshaped. 

Edited by milly16

First Glasto since I became a parent - I can cope with being away from the kids for a few days as part of my job involves being away mid week quite a lot. However on the Thursday mid morning DJ session at the Greenpeace stage saw a dad with his son probably no more than 1 year old having a ball - at that point I completely broke down for a minute or two wanting it to be me with my son. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Proclaimers .. Sunshine on Leith as it made me miss my wife as she is from over the wall and also that incredibly catchy Northern Soul style tune which i don't know the name off but really want to watch back.  Its a belter.  Sort of Northern / Dexys vibe

Randomly, when a day or so later purchasing some lovely tree of life ear rings in the Healing Fields for my lovely wife, the chap was playing exactly that tune.  I should have asked him what it was called but head was pickled.

Kylie.  a few times.  To be honest... loads of times over the week.  Sitting on the Tor on the Monday watching the Sunset, dancing like i was 19 again to Dave Seaman in the Glade Lounge at 3 am and thinking back to my teens in the Hacienda and then cold warehouse raves in Blackburn.  I was basically an emotional wreck for a week.  Drinking and sobbing ?..

Would it do it all again? .... in a heart beat

I spent most of my time on the different viewing platforms and cried every single time I saw the sign language interpreters.  The way they transmit the intensity and emotion of the songs really got to me and I couldn't hold it together every time I looked at them instead of the stage.
They enhanced the sounds I'm fortunate to hear, and knowing people on the Deaf Zone were able to enjoy the songs just as much as I did made me happy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I always get emotional a few times at the festival, and beforehand I think I know where and when it might happen, but am always wrong, and instead am blindsided at different times. This year, I thought it would be at The Killers Mr Brightside, and at The Cure Friday I’m in Love. Instead, the main three times were....

Broken Bones Matilda in Strummerville..... no particular song,, but sat there, early on in the festival, it suddenly hit me where I was and how much it meant to me. Music was great, so bought the CD for my memories playlists (I’d never heard of the band before).

Billy Bragg.... I was with my niece, who I’ve always thought of when I hear “Greetings to the New Brunette” as my sisters name is Shirley..... when he played that I just lost it.

Yep. Friday I’m in love did it. Last set, it was nearly over, Cure are one of Mrs TOS fav bands, she was at home watching and texting me,and I was in a weird missing her, missing home, tired, soon to be missing the festival kind of place. I just let the emotion crash over me and went with it. Special, and bittersweet.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

Just now, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Broken Bones Matilda in Strummerville..... no particular song,, but sat there, early on in the festival, it suddenly hit me where I was and how much it meant to me. Music was great, so bought the CD for my memories playlists (I’d never heard of the band before).

This is nice to hear - this band are local to us and seem like nice people. 

16 hours ago, kalifire said:

Hussain Manawer reciting a spoken word piece he wrote for and about his mum on the night of the day she unexpectedly passed away had pretty much all of Left Field, including Hussain, drying their eyes on Sunday afternoon. 

That was one of those ‘too hot, need shade’ discoveries and it floored the tent. So powerful.

I came on this thread to post this! I don't normally cry listening to songs, but that was such an unexpectedly resonating song/moment , took me a while to recover from. 

16 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Sharon Van Etten’s cover of ‘Black Boys on Mopeds’, Idles, Kylie talking about 2005.

Black Boys on Mopeds was definitely the most moving moment of the festival for me, have to admit not a song that I was familiar with before but it was beautiful and heartbreaking.

I'd also like to mention the tribute to Jeremy Hardy which Mark Steel hosted in the Cabaret Tent on Saturday. Very funny from start to finish, not at all sentimental. Must have been hard for all the performers involved.

During Keston Cobblers Club on Thursday afternoon on the Avalon cafe. They announced a dance off competition with a mystery prize (one of their albums/merch or something similar) - this is a regular of their sets. They play the track and there’s groups of people dancing, twirling partners, trying dirty dancing lifts etc and it’s all very good fun. They announce the winning couple and bring them up on stage to receive the mystery prize. She completely breaks down in shock and in tears-  it’s a jewellery box saying will you marry me? Her reaction of joy was amazing to witness and there were a lots of tears, a wonderful Glastonbury moment

2 minutes ago, Joe Shez said:

During Keston Cobblers Club on Thursday afternoon on the Avalon cafe. They announced a dance off competition with a mystery prize (one of their albums/merch or something similar) - this is a regular of their sets. They play the track and there’s groups of people dancing, twirling partners, trying dirty dancing lifts etc and it’s all very good fun. They announce the winning couple and bring them up on stage to receive the mystery prize. She completely breaks down in shock and in tears-  it’s a jewellery box saying will you marry me? Her reaction of joy was amazing to witness and there were a lots of tears, a wonderful Glastonbury moment

did any of the other contestants shout "fiiiiixxxxxx" ? 

16 hours ago, SighMo said:

2am walking out of Williams Green area back up to Big Ground this morning....stopped to turn around for one last look. Another guy could see l was a bit fed up and come over, put his hand on my shoulder and said ‘I don’t want to leave either mate’. 

My girlfriend and I were leaving WG around the same time and had a very similar moment. Was quite a sombre stumble back to the tent with us trying to gee each other up with reminders of all the amazing experiences we'd had over the long weekend. 

1 hour ago, Gabi_says said:

I spent most of my time on the different viewing platforms and cried every single time I saw the sign language interpreters.  The way they transmit the intensity and emotion of the songs really got to me and I couldn't hold it together every time I looked at them instead of the stage.
They enhanced the sounds I'm fortunate to hear, and knowing people on the Deaf Zone were able to enjoy the songs just as much as I did made me happy.

How did you guys get on this year? Nit something I've ever thought about, but were there any shade options for wheelchair users? We always think about slogging through mud and rain, bit not the complete opposite!

EDIT: I may be confusing you with another user, in which case apologies!!

Edited by Quark

I cried when Bjorn Again started singing Dancing Queen, specifically at 'having the time of your life' - deffo a combination of sleep deprivation, heat and absolutely loving ABBA!

And I absolutely sobbed when Kylie got all choked up on stage and started crying and trying to compose herself. That just completely sent me.

1 hour ago, andyhh said:

Beans on Toast at Avolon on Saturday. A trio of love songs that set off a group next to us and gave me a rather large lump in my throat. 

When his mum and dad were dancing on stage I definitely had a “moment”.

Janelle's Prince tribute. As a Tiger in the Jungle circus act which was an incredibly powerful portrayal of child slavery, Lily Bud's song about London knife crime during the Saturday Leftfield round-up.

But most of all yesterday, we had finished the Pyramid Field and it looked pristine and they walked us through Big Ground to do some cleaning before shift end and it was (of course) a mess and it just set me off. I couldnt stop.

Some other litterpickers came over and just formed a little huddle. It just made me feel that all the work we had done on the Pyramid was pointless. Of course it will be clean by the end of this week after the paid litterpickers were done but it just sucked all of the intense joy out of me for that moment.

Had a lump on my throat moment on Sunday morning ( usually happens then ), We were struggling with the line up early Sunday and decided to go to the Avalon to watch Yola. Wow what a voice,  I love finding new unexpected discoveries . My mate and me were grinning like Cheshire cats. Moments like that make you realise what a special place it is. Her renditions of Eltons Yellow Brick rd and Arethas cover were amazing. Love her album ( listened since )