Emotional moments

Crazyfool01

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

These bloody emotional moment threads always end up getting me emotional themselves! So happy for you that you got to share those moments. 

I know the feeling. I've bawled a few times reading stuff on here today! 

It was honestly brilliant to have him back even if he does think mum has a secret money tree somewhere ? We are off to Kendal in a few weeks together ? He shares my love of all things music so gigs and festivals, particularly Glastonbury are a really special time for us. I practically ran from Strummerville to our camp in Dairy when he arrived Thursday night ❤

Just now, BeddyDriver said:

this thread makes me worry I lack emotion :(

However at least Kylie did manage to almost get a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat, was looking forward to seeing her in 2005, and have lost a few friends to Cancer in recent years so really resonated...

my friend is completely emotionless ... although he does seem to enjoy it .. its an absolute roller coaster of emotion for me but just one real down moment for about 10 mins ... that I posted about elsewhere ... this is why humanity is great ...the great variety of feelings and non feelings 

Oh yeah, and a massive high during Chems. Just a generally brilliant set anyway, but had one of my friends of 20+ years there for his first Glastonbury and do a headline set that good with him and a couple of others was amazing 

Not quite a festival moment but what made my eyes well up and have a huge lump in my throat was my 16 year old daughter sending me a picture of her ready for her school prom on the Friday evening as I waited excitedly for 2 door on the other. I was so proud and she looked absolutely beautiful.

Then kylie singing song for lovers, made me realise I missed my wife so, so much and love her even more. Weird, as had no real connection to the song but it hit home massively 

Im a 6ft 2 softy really! 

Edited by TheGoodWillOut
  • Like 1

For the whole festival my emotion was of pure joy, I found myself walking around with a permanent smile. No inhibitions to say hello to anyone and everyone.

But, walking up muddy lane for the last time, Sunday night, after I’d said goodbye to our group, I was quite melancholy. I’d say it was the impact of the whole intense experience, that’s it’s over, that I’m not sure it could ever be this good again, and fretting about October ticket day.

37 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Hussain Manawer reciting a spoken word piece he wrote for and about his mum on the night of the day she unexpectedly passed away had pretty much all of Left Field, including Hussain, drying their eyes on Sunday afternoon. 

That was one of those ‘too hot, need shade’ discoveries and it floored the tent. So powerful.

I found his YouTube rendition of the same piece on YouTube. Now, imagine this played to just a guitar backing on Sunday afternoon. I can’t watch this fully yet, it still gets me. 

• Upvote 1

The singer from Years and Years almost got me.  I’m not really fan and only know a couple of their songs but it was great Sunday early afternoon vibe.

He was so overwhelmed at the size of the crowd and was so humble.

During his speech in between songs when he was talking about LGBT issues in the world you could hear a pin drop.  

I thought it was very inspiring and certainly made me think. 

• Upvote 1

Dancing the night away at the Brother's Bar on Saturday night with 5 of my best friends in the world, two of whom at their Glastonbury (1 their first ever festival at all) brought a small glimpse of a tear to my eye, as did the end of Hot Chip having finally caught them live for the first time - what a party that was! 

Now, reading this! Welled up during Kylie, during Lizzo, and wandering around Avalon and Greenpeace on Sunday night thinking how beautiful it all is lit up like a fairyland and how much I will miss it. Funny, as at many points this year found myself thinking it was tough and exhausting, or how I'm getting older and things don't feel the same as they used to - but at other points everything still felt amazing, and on the Sunday night especially it hit home how magical it all is and how sad it is to have to leave.

Edited by Miathedog
typo
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

The singer from Years and Years almost got me.  I’m not really fan and only know a couple of their songs but it was great Sunday early afternoon vibe.

He was so overwhelmed at the size of the crowd and was so humble.

During his speech in between songs when he was talking about LGBT issues in the world you could hear a pin drop.  

I thought it was very inspiring and certainly made me think. 

It was amazing wasn’t it? Absolutely nailed it.  

The Good the Bad and the Queen brought on the Côr y Penrhyn, who were on Lady Boston to perform the track. I thought it was a magical track on the album to start with, seeing them get on stage on the Sunday ripped me right over. Beautiful stuff.

Was having a great time from getting on site on Wednesday until Saturday, seeing lots of good acts particularly on smaller stages like Toad Hall, but nothing that really got to me. With the heat was struggling a bit but dragged myself up to the John Peel stage to see Low who were great, but then caught Sharon Van Etton's set.

From about 2 songs in I was totally taken over by the set, and when she followed Black Boys on Motorcycles followed by Seventeen I was a total wreak think a lot of the crowd were. Had a great moment with Scottish guy next to me who hadn't heard her before but was taken over by the whole set to. Watched set back a couple of times and rate it as one of the best I've seen at the festival.

From then on seemed to be a total emotional wreak and still not really recovered. Man is that place special

• Like 1

Walking through The Woods when it was really busy (mid Saturday afternoon) and met a man who was off to collect his best friends ashes. He broke down talking how it was his friend's favourite place and in that moment I realised how special Glastonbury is for me and my friends too. Had a little cry as he went off on his way.

I also cried when I started watching it all back on iplayer too. I'm a mess!

• Upvote 1

Another vote for Michael Kiwanuka and for Years and Years. Both really caught me by surprise for different reasons. Wildwood Kin who were really enjoying themselves in Croissant Neuf too - proper happy tears. 

Most years I read this thread & think the people posting on it are being overly dramatic or have taken too many drugs.

And then this year I spent most of Lizzo in tears. Can't remember what started me, but had just about composed myself when she said "if you love me, you can love yourself"  & that was me off again.

Even thinking about it I'm a bit emotional

• Upvote 1

Granted watched from home but welled up during Idles when he was totally overwhelmed and another for Kylie talking about her cancer.... always remember Kylie tour when she was okay and it was her 1st night at Manchester MEN, Christ the cheers went on forever and you could totally feel the Kylie love that she was okay!! Brought me back to that, totally softy these days!!

Few bits for me, Mahalias set was great, seemed so happy to be there, IDLES obviously, David Attenborough all had me welling up.

Then finally after Rex Orange County, the emotion (and he bottle of rum and bag of cider) cumulatively hit us and the missus and I just burst into tears, was sat by the park stage sobbing for a good 30 mins/hour reminiscing on the whole weekend (and hopefully first glasto of many!).