Emotional moments

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Twice at Kylie, talking about 2005 and All The Lovers. Streets during Dry Your Eyes. Comedown combined with just wo much joy in one place.

Probably due one later tonight.

I've just had one reading this and a comment on another thread :) 

Michael Kiwanuka - Love and Hate as a finisher of his Park gig

I wish I'd have English as a mother tongue to fully understand what Kate Tempest said. I've seen so many people during the set who were truly moved to tears.

Edited by franswa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, franswa said:

Michael Kiwanuka - Love and Hate as a finisher of his Park gig

I wish I'd have English as a mother tongue to fully understand what Kate Tempest said. I've so many people during the set who were truly moved to tears.

don't worry .. I Never quite got her when I saw her once ...  maybe levels of concentration weren't there at the time ... but would say its hard even with English as native language 

Corner of an English Field by Johnny Lloyd up at Strummverville on Thursday. 

A few different times whilst watching Frank Turner. I'd been in the craft fields on Thursday making a silver bangle that I engraved with 'I keep having dreams' so when he played I Am Disappeared' I was destroyed

When my 23 year old son got there on Thursday night. He's been coming to gigs and festivals with me since he was small.. he missed 2017 as he's now had to get all grown up and it was his first year being a teacher... it was like someone had cut my arm off. He had to leave last night before the headliners to be ready for a class of 10 year olds this morning but having him back for a few days at our favourite place in the world meant everything to me

Nick Cave coming on with Kylie and also her talking about 2005

Watching Liam from up on the hill. Liam didn't really make me cry... It was watching the pure joy of the group of lads around us dancing, singing and hugging and kissing each other. If you had a sequin jacket on and a sailor hat, watching you throughout that set made my festival

The end of The Cure last night. Totally overwhelmed at what I had just witnessed. They were just sublime and I was my 15 year old goth self again for a few hours... Just minus the black eyeliner 

Edited by Digi
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Brandon Flowers’ tribute to his mum. I, like many others, lost mine to Cancer 3 years ago and their set was a bit emotional anyway, experiencing their music in the moment with everyone else drunk in a field made me have a few moments, this one especially.

• Like 2

Hussain Manawer reciting a spoken word piece he wrote for and about his mum on the night of the day she unexpectedly passed away had pretty much all of Left Field, including Hussain, drying their eyes on Sunday afternoon. 

That was one of those ‘too hot, need shade’ discoveries and it floored the tent. So powerful.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Digi said:

When my 23 year old son got there on Thursday night. He's been coming to gigs and festivals with me since he was small.. he missed 2017 as he's now had to get all grown up and it was his first year being a teacher... it was like someone had cut my arm off. He had to leave last night before the headliners to be ready for a class of 10 year olds this morning but having him back for a few days at our favourite place in the world meant everything to me

These bloody emotional moment threads always end up getting me emotional themselves! So happy for you that you got to share those moments. 

• Upvote 1

Holly Wellington, vocalist for Ishmael Ensemble, managed to do the set despite being a significant way through Chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. 

She spoke about how much being at the festival meant for her, and thanked the people supporting her and making it possible to get on site to do the set. And she was excellent too. 

More here:

https://www.bustle.com/p/musician-artist-holysseus-fly-on-how-she-coped-with-a-breast-cancer-diagnosis-at-25-18012980

There were a lot of dewey-eyed moments over the weekend, but nothing came close to that. 

First time was saturday night in the Village Inn when the dj played Prince - I wanna be your lover

When the Years and Years singer was hit by the fact he was playing the pyramid to a packed loving it crowd

Pretty much all of Kylie.

2am walking out of Williams Green area back up to Big Ground this morning....stopped to turn around for one last look. Another guy could see l was a bit fed up and come over, put his hand on my shoulder and said ‘I don’t want to leave either mate’. Has been an emotional one for me as my son who was with there with his mates is off to a uni in Rio for a year in a few days time ❤️

• Like 1