Glastonbury 2019 blogs.

faymondo

2 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

So glad you saw Smoove and Turrell mate!

How good are they!!

Yeah seen them a few times in Liverpool. Got chatting with the lead singer and asked him had they ever played Glastonbury. He said yeah loads of times and told us the last time. My mate went hang on a moment and had a picture of it on his phone. We were that smashed we had forgotten we had been there ?

2 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Yeah seen them a few times in Liverpool. Got chatting with the lead singer and asked him had they ever played Glastonbury. He said yeah loads of times and told us the last time. My mate went hang on a moment and had a picture of it on his phone. We were that smashed we had forgotten we had been there ?

Haha yeah i live in Newcastle so know them all pretty well! Great bunch of lads and love what they do!

4 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

Haha yeah i live in Newcastle so know them all pretty well! Great bunch of lads and love what they do!

I like Craig Charles and he bigs them up big time but still baffles me loads of people turn up for a DJ set then a live band playing the same stuff come on and it empties out. 

44 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Nice review of things that.

I suppose the advantage of posting a good few days after the event is you have the energy for a decent length write up.

I need to get events out the next day before the new days events take over and I have forgotten what I have done ?

1 hour ago, faymondo said:

Nice review of things that.

I suppose the advantage of posting a good few days after the event is you have the energy for a decent length write up.

I need to get events out the next day before the new days events take over and I have forgotten what I have done ?

Yeah, can only imagine he took a few notes as he went along though, it’s the fine details that help make it.

25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Well, that just made me tear up.

Also for some reason it really bothers me that the Glastonbury sign comes down between festivals. A group of us are thinking of taking a trip to Pilton in September and I was really hoping to have a sit by the sign.

9 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Briliant review, love love love it, and indeed the list of names at West Holts had me in tears as well. The whole theme in that area of no nations, no borders was such a change from previous and was an honour to be involved in,

As for sequins , I personaly have no issue - all my sequin clothes were bought from charity shops so reused, agreed that its probably not the best thing to wear, but if I'm going to partake then better to by preused than new .... small steps. I did however have an issue with the amount of folks wearing those face gems - the stick on ones that are absolutely single use and throw away - a group by the side of me watching attenborough and applauding him talking about single use plastic bottles  whilst sticking whole face gems on each other ... the irony... I now wish I'd said something and made them think but in true wallflower mode I didn;t and regret than now - and hey next year I may send my sequins back to the charity shop and reach for something else to wear :-)

On 7/7/2019 at 12:44 PM, Badlands said:

I’ve read a few of his reviews and whilst always enjoyable, they do make me cringe whenever he describes getting off his tits; all riddles with his talk of ‘frizzles’ and ‘nong nongs’. Grow up lad!

Agreed, just read it myself, it's ok, he just comes across as a poundland Hunter S Thompson though.  nong nongs FFS.