Neil Young 2020

marcwilson87

Saw him in 2009 and it was epic. So good. Then saw him with the Promise of the Real at Leeds in 2017 (I think) and that was even better. He still has it in spades and would smash the pymild.

(In my humble opinion ........?)

17 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Like A Hurricane still left on the subs bench

He has played it a few times this year, in what is a constantly changing setlist, eg:

I'd be made up with a headline slot next year. '09 was possibly my favourite of all time, and this time around I reckon some of my gang might actually join me :lol:.

Seeing him in Hyde Park tomorrow, where for he's kinda subbing Dylan. A shame it's Hyde Park, but still very exciting.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

9 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

He has played it a few times this year, in what is a constantly changing setlist, eg:

I'd be made up with a headline slot next year. '09 was possibly my favourite of all time, and this time around I reckon some of my gang might actually join me :lol:.

Seeing him in Hyde Park tomorrow, where for he's kinda subbing Dylan. A shame it's Hyde Park, but still very exciting.

I might see you there I will be scanning and wrist banding

On 7/10/2019 at 2:28 PM, The Nal said:

He is on fire this tour. Loving the changing setlists and the gems he is dropping. Gutted to not be going to any of the upcoming shows.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'm heading to Krakow for a stag do, absolutely gutted it had to be this weekend. 

Have an amazing time! 

I've just come back from a long weekend in Krakow funnily enough! Try get some time in Kazamierz during the day/early evening if you can. Amazing place, maybe not the best for a stag do though! 

Thanks a lot, I hope you have a ball in Poland! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

3 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

I might see you there I will be scanning and wrist banding

27 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Very excited for tomorrow. Hope some of you will be there too.

Also going. Hope to see you there.

I'm not aware of anyone else I know attending. Even big Dylan & Young fans. Felt like half of the regular gig goers in my town were there for Roger Waters last year.

9 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

He is on fire this tour. Loving the changing setlists and the gems he is dropping. Gutted to not be going to any of the upcoming shows.

Hes playing here in Kilkenny on Sunday but its a fucking ball ache to get to and home from Dublin, its in an old gaelic football stadium and, well, its a Sunday. 

4 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I hope not! How boring can you possibly get for a headliner.

Surely anyone under the age of 50 is not going to be up for this!

Took my twenty something daughter on Friday night to Hyde Park. She wasn't complaining. My son and daughter-in-law who live in Canada would also have loved to be there. Saw him in 2009 and would go down a storm next year. Talked to someone linked to the festival on one of my pre-festival shifts who thought there would be a concentration of heritage acts next year for the 50th, and explaining that they held back on the line up this year to carry extra money over for next year.

10 minutes ago, moremi said:

Took my twenty something daughter on Friday night to Hyde Park. She wasn't complaining. My son and daughter-in-law who live in Canada would also have loved to be there. Saw him in 2009 and would go down a storm next year. Talked to someone linked to the festival on one of my pre-festival shifts who thought there would be a concentration of heritage acts next year for the 50th, and explaining that they held back on the line up this year to carry extra money over for next year.

If there are loads of old, boring crooners performing next year I might have to sack it off.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

41 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

If there are loads of old, boring crooners performing next year I might have to sack it off.

please do!! 

On 7/10/2019 at 3:41 PM, Gnomicide said:

Don't you hate the people who edit Setlist FM to say "Neil Young cover" because he happens to be playing with PoTR on this tour? Dicks.

But the concert artist is Neil Young + POTR and they are playing a song from a Neil Young album. That's how you're supposed to categorise it. :D

Edited by dentalplan

9 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Me and my group of mates (22 and 23 years old) were there for Neil at Hype Park and fucking loved it. It was glorious. Shakey has more charisma and talent that 90% of recent Pyramid headliners. Not to mention a much better discography.

• Upvote 1