Neil Young 2020

marcwilson87

30 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Please no that would be a real disappointment for the 50th. Sorry but he is really dull I do not want next year to be like god's waiting room 

I saw him 5 years ago and he was dreadful. :( I would hate for that to be my only live memory of him so hopefully he's back on form. 

Edited by Chinaski_

Loved him in 2009- I've seen him since then, but can't remember when (think it was the Psychedelic Pill tour)- he was great then too. Here's hoping.

That Lukas Nelson did a set with NY's recent touring band, Promise of the real, at the Park on Friday or Saturday and they ended with 'Keep on Rocking in the Free World'- very enjoyable!

Be a great legends slot.

Fleetwood Mac, Macca and then something new like 1975, Foals, maybes another grime act would be awesome. There's a place for the old acts and a place for the new, a good balance is what's required and they all bounce of each other.

I'm expecting something stacked next year tbh. I think acts will be more willing to take a cut to be on it and a lot of acts that are always around will play. Nick Cave, Noel, probably Elbow, Jarvis etc then a bunch of newer acts around them all. Reckon it's gonna be clash hell to the max.

4 hours ago, marcwilson87 said:

Heard this on Twitter earlier

At 4.20 Michael Eavis says he thinks Neil young is back next year.

I was there that year and missed Neil Young because I was on my own and didn't know if I would appreciate it so much, and went and saw Q-tip instead at Jazz World. I don't regret it completely, but I've never had another chance to see NY ever again. Would love to see him come back, especially as I'm gonna get tickets this time around!

1 hour ago, Giraffe Man said:

New album & tour with Crazy Horse next year apparently, never gonna do the legends slot, headliner or nothing. I for one would be made up with this. Just wrong to say he`s past it.

Agree no chance of Legends slot but years ago he agreed to play sub to Steve Winwood. I know it’s a long time ago and he may have been strictly headline since but maybe he could be cajoled into another space? Tbh it’s all a bit “just had Ray Davies on the phone” from Michael so I’m cooling on the rumour but something to think about.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Don't you hate the people who edit Setlist FM to say "Neil Young cover" because he happens to be playing with PoTR on this tour? Dicks.