Jump to content
alibear

Overheards and funnies

Recommended Posts

This was years ago. Maybe a decade:

My (now ex) mates girlfriend (late 30's/early 40s): "Why doesn't the image on the screen match up with the sound?".

Me (disbelieving): "Well, that's because light travels a shit load faster than sound".

Mmg: Turns to look at my mate with a look of, "Listen to this idiot/is that true?", incredulity on her face (I'm not sure which).

My mate had to confirm to her that: This is a fact.

I. Could. Not. Believe it.

Fuck me. Have you never, like, seen a thunderstorm in your life?  Or watched literally anything noisy, ever, from a distance?

I may be wrong (I must be, surely), but I think she was privately educated as well. She was certainly fairly fluent in two other languages. There are definitely different types of intelligence!

Was reminded of the above after watching some fireworks earlier tonight, and my mate stating that he was teaching his four year old THIS OBSERVABLE FACT the last time they were at fireworks.

I'll maybe put it down to too much zoider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just had a read through here and remembered our campsite neighbours had a photo of a girl who had shit herself in the toilet queue one morning (denim shorts). he said "that's going straight on the internet".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

just had a read through here and remembered our campsite neighbours had a photo of a girl who had shit herself in the toilet queue one morning (denim shorts). he said "that's going straight on the internet".

That's mean- what kind of person has so little empathy that they decide to take a photo of someone who's had an accident, then decide to put it on the Internet - it's my worst nightmare! 

I hate that about life nowadays, you just know in your worst moment some dick head will photograph it and shove it on the Internet 

Edited by Mr.Tease

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's mean- what kind of person has so little empathy that they decide to take a photo of someone who's had an accident, then decide to put it on the Internet - it's my worst nightmare! 

I hate that about life nowadays, you just know in your worst moment some dick head will photograph it and shove it on the Internet 

agreed! they seemed like nice guys though and I haven't seen it "on the internet" so hopefully not widely shared.

Also remember seeing a girl get shit on by the seagulls near the park on the Friday, gave her my last tissue to clean it off - got shat on about 30 seconds later myself - reverse karma?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

agreed! they seemed like nice guys though and I haven't seen it "on the internet" so hopefully not widely shared.

Also remember seeing a girl get shit on by the seagulls near the park on the Friday, gave her my last tissue to clean it off - got shat on about 30 seconds later myself - reverse karma?

I've always wondered why so few people get shat on by the seagulls considering how many they are! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's mean- what kind of person has so little empathy that they decide to take a photo of someone who's had an accident, then decide to put it on the Internet - it's my worst nightmare! 

I hate that about life nowadays, you just know in your worst moment some dick head will photograph it and shove it on the Internet 

It's something I've sadly seen a bit too much of on Facebook this year. I saw someone had posted photos from what I assume was Lost Horizons and thought how awful. There could be someone who had plucked up the courage to go there, to do something outside of their comfort zone because they were in what they believed to be a safe place only for the photo to end up on a group that could be frequented by friends or colleagues that they would not be comfortable seeing them naked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I've always wondered why so few people get shat on by the seagulls considering how many they are! 

They wait until you run out of tissues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's mean- what kind of person has so little empathy that they decide to take a photo of someone who's had an accident, then decide to put it on the Internet - it's my worst nightmare! 

A c**t.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...