Overheards and funnies

alibear

This was years ago. Maybe a decade:

My (now ex) mates girlfriend (late 30's/early 40s): "Why doesn't the image on the screen match up with the sound?".

Me (disbelieving): "Well, that's because light travels a shit load faster than sound".

Mmg: Turns to look at my mate with a look of, "Listen to this idiot/is that true?", incredulity on her face (I'm not sure which).

My mate had to confirm to her that: This is a fact.

I. Could. Not. Believe it.

Fuck me. Have you never, like, seen a thunderstorm in your life?  Or watched literally anything noisy, ever, from a distance?

I may be wrong (I must be, surely), but I think she was privately educated as well. She was certainly fairly fluent in two other languages. There are definitely different types of intelligence!

Was reminded of the above after watching some fireworks earlier tonight, and my mate stating that he was teaching his four year old THIS OBSERVABLE FACT the last time they were at fireworks.

I'll maybe put it down to too much zoider.

14 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

just had a read through here and remembered our campsite neighbours had a photo of a girl who had shit herself in the toilet queue one morning (denim shorts). he said "that's going straight on the internet".

That's mean- what kind of person has so little empathy that they decide to take a photo of someone who's had an accident, then decide to put it on the Internet - it's my worst nightmare! 

I hate that about life nowadays, you just know in your worst moment some dick head will photograph it and shove it on the Internet 

Edited by Mr.Tease

10 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's mean- what kind of person has so little empathy that they decide to take a photo of someone who's had an accident, then decide to put it on the Internet - it's my worst nightmare! 

I hate that about life nowadays, you just know in your worst moment some dick head will photograph it and shove it on the Internet 

agreed! they seemed like nice guys though and I haven't seen it "on the internet" so hopefully not widely shared.

Also remember seeing a girl get shit on by the seagulls near the park on the Friday, gave her my last tissue to clean it off - got shat on about 30 seconds later myself - reverse karma?

11 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

agreed! they seemed like nice guys though and I haven't seen it "on the internet" so hopefully not widely shared.

Also remember seeing a girl get shit on by the seagulls near the park on the Friday, gave her my last tissue to clean it off - got shat on about 30 seconds later myself - reverse karma?

I've always wondered why so few people get shat on by the seagulls considering how many they are! 

40 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's something I've sadly seen a bit too much of on Facebook this year. I saw someone had posted photos from what I assume was Lost Horizons and thought how awful. There could be someone who had plucked up the courage to go there, to do something outside of their comfort zone because they were in what they believed to be a safe place only for the photo to end up on a group that could be frequented by friends or colleagues that they would not be comfortable seeing them naked.

3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

A c**t.

• Upvote 1