Overheards and funnies

alibear

On 7/4/2019 at 1:36 AM, waltere said:

Came across a bloke dressed as Noah (fake beard, robes, crook) by the toilets at the back of the Other Field during Dave. When I noticed his lack of shoes and the subsequent state of his feet I asked how he was managing without wearing shoes. He looked at me as if I was asking the stupidest question in the world and said completely deadpan and totally seriously: "Noah doesn't wear shoes.”

Pretty sure I saw this made bastard too, this time near the Pyramid. I was in a long drop  and noticed the person next to me had no shoes on... left his cubicle the same time as me. Wasn’t sure if someone had dropped some acid or I was actually seeing someone in a longdrop barefoot. Mental.

13 hours ago, MrZigster said:

"There's seagulls here! Why are there seagulls here? We're nowhere near the sea."

Wrong on at least a couple of levels. And, where in the UK don't you get gulls? I want to retire there. They're a 'kin pest 'round our way.

Context - I'd say Glastonbury was a bastard long way from the sea, but I dip my feet in the Atlantic walking the dog every morning.

13 hours ago, MrZigster said:

From an (I'd guess at) mid thirties woman (i.e. not a child):

"There's seagulls here! Why are there seagulls here? We're nowhere near the sea."

Wrong on at least a couple of levels. And, where in the UK don't you get gulls? I want to retire there. They're a 'kin pest 'round our way.

Made me giggle anyway.

?

It's become a bit of a tradition for my brother to point out the seagulls descending on to the site on Sunday as the tents clear... this year we were sat at the back of the hill watching Kylie as the flocks came in to scavenge on the emptying campsites. Regular as clockwork.

walking through the glade

my friend was in front of me wearing a fancy hat, a girl looked at him and said

"oooh I like your hat"

I then walked past her, she looked at me

Girl " Oh I like your hat too" 

me " I am not wearing a hat"

girl "oh god , I mean I like your face, oh god not in that way , in a good way, I don;t want to wear it or anything"

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MrZigster said:

From an (I'd guess at) mid thirties woman (i.e. not a child):

Made me giggle anyway.

That may have been one of my group - we had a discussion along these lines - walking up through Paines I think...but could have been wandering through top of pyramid field as well?

On 7/4/2019 at 2:09 PM, stuwilky said:

Its a great bar, seen some fine acts in there over the last few years as well.   Wasnt that much movement of air in the new location though I thought

I thought it was quite nice there, having the 'pub garden' back onto the hedge by the stream made it more cosy I reckon.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:51 AM, eFestivals said:

there was a guy on there offering all sorts of wierd shite for sale - can't remember what he was saying when I passed, but I reckon it was the same guy.

Was he dressed as del boy? He was offering us backstage tickets for Stormzy on the Pyramid for £50. (this was Sunday at half one ish)

37 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Was he dressed as del boy? He was offering us backstage tickets for Stormzy on the Pyramid for £50. (this was Sunday at half one ish)

same guy was offeing tickets for the 2020 festival on sunday,  'cash first, I'l post them later, you can trust me'

brilliant stuff, made me, and other around me laugh :)

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

friend 1: it's good that neil and his wife are still together, what with him coming out as gay.

friend 2: that's not what I said, I said he'd become a home owner.

(yep, really happened :lol: )

Congrats on the house purchase! ?

Whilst lugging* all my stuff to PGA early on Sunday morning to go and meet the Mrs and pick up mini-Woffy I slowly overtook two coppers walking along the back of the Pyramid Field:

”Which one is Liam Gallagher? Is he the one I’d probably arrest or is that the other one?”

*I actually put all my stuff on my daughter’s pushchair and wheeled it along breezily feeling quite smug. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 7:44 AM, eFestivals said:

friend 1: it's good that neil and his wife are still together, what with him coming out as gay.

friend 2: that's not what I said, I said he'd become a home owner.

(yep, really happened :lol: )

I have to ask how do those 2 things get confused?? 

Congrats on the new house. 

On 7/5/2019 at 12:58 PM, DareToDibble said:

Pretty sure I saw this made bastard too, this time near the Pyramid. I was in a long drop  and noticed the person next to me had no shoes on... left his cubicle the same time as me. Wasn’t sure if someone had dropped some acid or I was actually seeing someone in a longdrop barefoot. Mental.

I saw at least 3 people walking around barefoot. I remember saying to my husband I'm all for wearing what you want or not wearing what you want but I do think walking around the farm barefoot is crazy. 

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

From a mate of mine when their crowd was packing up on Monday, and one guys was struggling to pack his tent back into its bag.

"You know why you can't get it back in? Cos it's so full of memories"

Love this! Must be why I can never ever fit my tent poles back in the bag! 

On 7/4/2019 at 1:36 AM, waltere said:

In what I'm pretty sure was BEAM in the Greenpeace Fields (the wooden ring thing with bee projections all over it) late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning when a seriously off his chump bloke wandered in, only to immediately turn and gtfo of there whilst shouting, in one of the broadest scouse accents I've ever heard: "Seriously, SWERVE IT!"

--

Came across a bloke dressed as Noah (fake beard, robes, crook) by the toilets at the back of the Other Field during Dave. When I noticed his lack of shoes and the subsequent state of his feet I asked how he was managing without wearing shoes. He looked at me as if I was asking the stupidest question in the world and said completely deadpan and totally seriously: "Noah doesn't wear shoes."

--

Fairly certain when walking across Bella's Bridge at one point I overheard someone claiming to be selling Women's World Cup final tickets.

I had pretty much the same convo with Noah - but in the queue for the long drops. I offered to lend him my shoes but he wasn’t bothered. 

13 minutes ago, ManchesterGlasto said:

I had pretty much the same convo with Noah - but in the queue for the long drops. I offered to lend him my shoes but he wasn’t bothered. 

There must be a lot of shit in that Ark of his.

Edited by Ommadawn

Myself and my friend helped a couple of girls putting up their tent ... firstly we repaired a broken pole with duct tape ..... then dug out a load of mud from where one of the pins was supposed to go ... and then discovered they had put one of the poles in the wrong place .... a day or so later we heard them discussing how they could have done it themselves ... I reckon they might still be there now :) ... It caused a chuckle as they were grateful at the time :) 

I've actually just remembered a really weird one that happened to me...

Walked between EE recharge tent and Glade. Some girl stops me just to say "Have you seen the moon? LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS!" and I have honest to god never heard someone sound more in love with something in their lives. She gave me a hug and walked on. I assume a few other people also got the same treatment.