Overheards and funnies

alibear

My 11 year old nephew, utterly wiped out on the way back to family camp from Arcadia... the LONGER way to avoid post-headline crowd crushes. Poor lad sat down for a bit, his Dad asked if he was ok and he stood up and said "Yes. I really thought I was going to go to sleep here, but then I heard a voice, which I think was God and it said "You need to keep walking""

Safe to say, he's really been to Glastonbury.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 7/1/2019 at 7:02 PM, Madyaker said:

Did anyone see the mad fella that was going around shouting about how the cops better stay from him? I passed him near the bandstand and then a few hours later on the ground with 4 coppers sitting on him! Dope.

Yeah I saw this guy. He was saying for all people and police to stay out of his personal space. Anyone that made eye contact with him got pointed at and accused of being an undercover officer!

Drawing a lot of attention to himself given he didn't have a wristband on...….

When queuing on the way out for the castle cary shuttle, around 2pm ish, a guy was chased by security through he crowds of people, jumped over a fence and kicked someone before eventually being dragged off, still no idea what he'd done, but was met with a cheer when they got him the pr*ck

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, alibear said:

I always enjoy reading these. What’s the funniest thing you overheard? Nothing too hilarious from me this year, but here are a couple to kick off:

Lad 1: “who’s on next?”

Lad 2: “David Attenborough.”

Lad 1: “ah, cool. I like him, I reckon he’s gonna boss it”

And the whole crowd around me (including myself) responding with a collective “oh, for fuck’s sake” when Kylie introduced Chris Martin.  

We did the exact same whejn chris martin came on aw for fuckkk you weren't up the back with a mix English and Scottish at kylie were you haha ?

On 7/1/2019 at 7:03 PM, Gregfc15 said:

Guy next to me: mate have a sip of this 

me: what is it? Looks like you have just poured whatever was left in camp into a bottle. 

Guy: exactly mate, it’s shitmix Sunday. 

It wasn’t actually that bad  

Sunday rules - everything must go. 

• Upvote 1

Whilst watching Jungle at West Holts, the girl next to me puked up all over the legs of the guy in front of her. Pretty rank, but not all that funny, I'm sure you'll agree.

The funny thing was that the guy she puked on not only reacted very well to being sicked on, but then proceeded to start chatting her up! He seemed to be making good progress with Ms. Puke Peddler, but sadly we had to leave to get food and get a good spot for Chemical Brothers before we could find out if he sealed the deal...

21 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I was there totally by accident - had intended to go to Fontaines at WG but it was so packed (and the racket from the bloody Meeting POint Bar meant I had no chance of hearing from outside) and I needed shade so I went to the Astrolabe instead.

I stood outside for their set and thought the sound was still great.

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

[On Chris Martin joining Kylie on stage] “I swear that man would play the Hare Krishna tent if they asked him, absolutely loves it”.

Seems there were a fair few funnies heard as Chris Martin walked out.  Best one I heard:  "He's just a shit Jason Donovan"

12 minutes ago, joe_bee said:

Seems there were a fair few funnies heard as Chris Martin walked out.  Best one I heard:  "He's just a shit Jason Donovan"

I got a good laugh from people around me when he came out for Stormzy and I said to my brother "Someone's going to have to evict that c**t from the pop-up rustic cottage he's had built behind the Pyramid".

On 7/1/2019 at 7:02 PM, Madyaker said:

Did anyone see the mad fella that was going around shouting about how the cops better stay from him? I passed him near the bandstand and then a few hours later on the ground with 4 coppers sitting on him! Dope.

Was this on Thursday? I recall him walking past me, repeatedly shouting words to the effect of “if there are any undercover police officers or security guards, please stay away from me. I am not carrying any suspicious substances or items. Thank you”

(can’t remember the exact quote, really hope someone recalls)

5 hours ago, The Spandex Warrior said:

Whilst watching Jungle at West Holts, the girl next to me puked up all over the legs of the guy in front of her. Pretty rank, but not all that funny, I'm sure you'll agree.

The funny thing was that the guy she puked on not only reacted very well to being sicked on, but then proceeded to start chatting her up! He seemed to be making good progress with Ms. Puke Peddler, but sadly we had to leave to get food and get a good spot for Chemical Brothers before we could find out if he sealed the deal...

Not sure if that is funny or creepy as fuck, who thinks "She's just vomited on my leg I bet her self esteem is low enough for me to pounce."

50 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Not sure if that is funny or creepy as fuck, who thinks "She's just vomited on my leg I bet her self esteem is low enough for me to pounce."

Not all men are sexual predators and ‘pounce’ on women. He could just have thought she was pretty and got chatting to her. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smeble said:

Not all men are sexual predators and ‘pounce’ on women. He could just have thought she was pretty and got chatting to her. 

So if she's drunk enough to be vomiting on someone's leg you don't think she's at risk of being taken advantage off?

If you knew someone who was so drunk she was being sick you'd be happy if she went off with a strange guy?

34 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I think it was this, rather than any kind of dodgy behaviour. He seemed pretty smashed as well. I think you’d have to be to crack on with a girl who has just vommed on you!

I remember during Billie Eilish she said something along the lines of “this next song is for those of us that absolutely despise ourselves”.

Jokingly I gave a “WOO!” but about 10 other guys around me did the same :lol: We all found this funny but mine and (what I assume were) their girlfriends did not...