What's next?

sprocketrocket

Stampede starts on Friday which means I'll be going to a show 10 nights in a row.... what I can remember of who is playing right now is Feist, Metric, Chromeo, Keys n Krates, Bishop Briggs, and Death Cab. I'm too exhausted to be excited. Hopefully I switch back around to Canadian time easily after my flight!

Just got home from seeing The Eagles tonight. At 45 its really unusual for me to feel like the youngest person at a gig ? They were excellent though. Very slick 

Kendal in a few weeks and debating the new incarnation of Bingley beginning of September as they have a great line up. Just not quite sure how it will pan out but it's local to us and possibly worth a gamble 

Begrudgingly bought tickets for Cream Classical in Sefton Park in July for our wedding anniversary followed by Chic the next night.

Only £11 for Chic.

With it being my local beautiful victorian park I think things should be free on there like some things were and not a cash cow for the council.

But I am a sell out and still feel dirty typing this.

Rest of the year (so far) looking like this:

This Sunday: New Order, Trinity College Dublin

2nd-4th August: All Together Now Festival, Co. Waterford

29th August-1st September: Electric Picnic Music & Arts Festival, Co. Laois

4th October: Andrew Weatherall, The Menagerie, Belfast

10th December: Primal Scream, Ulster Hall, Belfast

No fests on the horizon.  Was debating taking myself off on my own to Beautiful Days but it clashes with a mate's wedding on the Saturday. So it's only Brighton gigs I've got my eye on at the moment.

Skunk Anansie (possibly),The Beths (Aug)

She Drew The Gun, Skints & Bedouin Soundclash (Oct)

Sam Fender (possibly) (Nov)

Stealing Sheep, My Baby (Dec)

Also, fuck me - just seen Lighthouse Family are playing Brighton in Feb, an absolute steal at £115 a pop! :O Fancy it @Matt - Ed Banger Records, I know you're a fan ;)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Beautiful Days for me, went for the first time last year and it's the closest thing to Glastonbury (obvs a lot smaller!) that I've come across so far, loved it.

Ah, jealous! See previous, can't make it this year.  Have a blast mate, absolutely loved it last year. Definitely got that Field of Avalon vibe to it :)

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah, jealous! See previous, can't make it this year.  Have a blast mate, absolutely loved it last year. Definitely got that Field of Avalon vibe to it :)

Yeah it really has.  Looking forward to seeing Hobo Jones in the Bimble Inn, although it was rammed last time!  It's only half an hour from me, I really don't know why I hadn't been before last year!

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Are we presuming this will be the 3rd and 6th of October? Wanting to book a weekend break to help ease the post festival blues but don't want to be away when they're on sale!

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

All hail the Thingy (as endorsed by Emily Eavis :D )

#thereisnopattern