2020 wishlists

Matt42

EDIT I missed the bit where it said Bands and not general wishes, sorry ?

A ticket

A short sharp shower about 4-5am each day to dampen the dust 

Kate Bush

Guns and Roses

Less commercial house music

More underground Acid Techno

A monorail 

More toilets for the disabled 

A closer camper van field than E bloody 17

And finally that my Mum and brothers and me are all still healthy and happy and going. 

Edited by Swine_Glasto2014

14 hours ago, Swine_Glasto2014 said:

More underground Acid Techno

In 2017 I really realised the dominance of solardo and Annie Mac house. I imagined with IICON and a general sweeping of decent dance music across the board the music would be stronger. Was there still an awful lot of commercial house?

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In 2017 I really realised the dominance of solardo and Annie Mac house. I imagined with IICON and a general sweeping of decent dance music across the board the music would be stronger. Was there still an awful lot of commercial house?

I thought there was less. Ahmed, EE, Topping and Seth T still playing big slots, but there's definitely a place for that, they're enormous in their own right. They moved it up with stuff like Eris Drew, Archie Hamilton and Monika Kruse in amongst them, for something a little different 

John Fogerty - pyramid ala Kristofferson like slot

Ray Davies (I can't envisage the forever rumoured Kinks reunion so another blast of Davies would be good enough). Acoustoc

King Gizard and The Lizard Wizard - The Park

Moonlandingz - late slot anywhere, smaller stage if need be

Oh Sees - The Park

System of a Down - bring the rock slot back

Fleetwood Mac - headliner

Sleater-Kinney - Other

Deerhunter - John Peel

Parquet Courts - John peel

Black Keys - Pyramid or Other

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - pyramid

Swan - Truth or Scum

Spoon - not sure 

Butthole Surfers - Truth

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I wasn't there this year bud, just going by my dissapointment of past nine years. I'm a raver by heart and always feel that is missing at Glastonbury. 

The only place that caters for the harder, underground side is the Salon Carousel, which is ran by free party crew, much like many parts of the SE corner. Guess it's the only area the peers let them push the mark a bit. 

I can't be arsed with squat and free parties anymore so have had to dip into Boomtown, ticks every box. 

22 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

David Byrne - JP headliner

Surely too big for JP headliner. Would have loved to see his last tour this year.

I'm hoping Reg headlines. It ties in nicely with him retiring, it would be a shame if he didn't play the  farm once for all involved.

Fairly likely the Mac will be there.

Diana Ross legends spot

Sorry, more than 10 but here are some predictions/wishlist:

Bombay Bicycle Club, Skepta, J Hus, The Rhythm Method, Aldous Harding, Snail Mail, Whitney, Bon Iver, Metronomy, Robyn, The National, Deerhunter, Blood Orange (doesn't seem do many festivals but would be good to see him play Glastonbury), Swim Deep, Jarvis Cocker, Baxter Dury, Beach House, James Blake, Kevin Morby, Khruangbin, Parquet Courts, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Belle & Sebastian 

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, jonnyisRFC said:

Billy joe Armstrong was at the festival this year, would love it it Green day played next year. 

I second this! Hopefully he had a chat with Emily and liked the festival enough.