The 2019 Exit Thread

litmus

21 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Our shuttle has been stopped on a field as castle Cary cannot take more people. Rumours that there may not be enough trains

You'll likely be in the showground, so don't worry this is regular. They just hold the busses there while they wait for room to become available to the station drop off point and aren't blocking the road for other road users on that corner. 

44 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Had National Express booked for 11:00, think we left at about 11:20. Even got a goody bag with snacks and drinks which made my hungover morning. (Is this a usual thing?)

I don't think that's a usual thing.

They certainly weren't handing anything out on this morning's 2.00am National Express bus to London.  But on the plus side it was a very quick run - too quick actually as I then had to wait half an hour for the tube to open!

Easy journey home I’ve ever had. Straight off the car park, only issue is it took us 2 hours to get past Bristol. But other than that, faultless. 

We sent off from camp at half 9ish and I’ve been back an hour. Showered, wash on and watching Stormzy. Can’t decide what takeaway l want for tea. 

My exit strategy: put all bags but my day bag into the PGA lock up on Sunday morning. Catch the Castle Cary shuttle at about 4:30am (queued for about half an hour) and got the first train to Westbury then a connection to Frome.

Unpacked, showered and in bed by 7:30am. 

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

My exit strategy: put all bags but my day bag into the PGA lock up on Sunday morning. Catch the Castle Cary shuttle at about 4:30am (queued for about half an hour) and got the first train to Westbury then a connection to Frome.

Unpacked, showered and in bed by 7:30am. 

I did exactly the same. Had taken all my gear to the lock up on Sunday around 12pm and then picked it all up Monday morning about 3.30am. So we would have been in the same shuttle queue at the same time :)

I got the 5.16am train to Westbury and then changed straight away to a train back to Southampton. Was home at 7.30am with hardly any waiting. 

Doing this is knackering but really worth it....!

Coach is one hour from the o2 and the driver has stopped to take a 45 minute break ?

this after we ended up on a coach an hour late because they don’t bother putting people on the right buses,

Edited by Homer

Straight out of West 55 at 9am. Bit of a hold up on the M5 into M6. Home for around 4.

Drove most of it myself until the last hour when Mrs Fay took over. Eyes were getting a bit tired and not worth risking anything. 

Edited by faymondo

I was surprised how quickly I got home. Left at 10am and back in Leeds by 3.30pm.

I was in purple car park and rather than go out through blue car parks I went back towards gate B as had noticed that road was quieter when crossing it. So not sure if that made a difference 

26 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Bus approaching Edinburgh now. Mrs ToS meeting us with car, should be home by 7pm, left site at 8am. Best ever..  and there's been a few horror stories in previous years.

Thanks to previous horrorshows getting home have opted for the train this year, arrives into Edinburgh at 7 so it'll be closer to 8 by the time I'm home having left the site at 7:30. Pretty painless though with plenty of time to relax in Bristol to make sure we'd cope with any delays.

We left E21 at 8:15

Took about 20 minutes out to the A37. Decent amount of traffic on the A303 but not horrendous and had the big camper back in Bognor by 11:30am, even stopping to give it a good clean on the way...Then a dash upto Basingstoke in the car and in the office behind my desk by 12:30 :(

In the meantime Mrs Driver had managed to walk to the car park , drive to Plymouth, drop off friends, and have an hour long snooze at home, whilst I travelled......to add insult to injury, I wont even get home with all our gear until Thursday !!   lifes so not fair :D 

Wont stop me doing it all again next year though !!

Edited by BeddyDriver
grammar

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Coach is one hour from the o2 and the driver has stopped to take a 45 minute break ?

this after we ended up on a coach an hour late because they don’t bother putting people on the right buses,

Yeh they need to have a better system. If people are missing their allocated coaches as other people are getting on them that’s wrong. I think people need to make a point by advertising that if you want you can use see coaches for free back to any UK location returning from Glastonbury. 

32 minutes ago, justperfect said:

Cant fault SEE. Up at 7am, packed and in the pen by 8.10, boarded and setting off to Manchester 8.50

5th time coach user, wouldn't travel any other way now

It works well from a personal perspective if you can get on an earlier coach or some how magically on the one you are allocated to. But if someone is booked on a particular coach they should have a guaranteed seat. Some will have missed their coaches and waited for ones they never should have been on later in the day.

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Yeh they need to have a better system. If people are missing their allocated coaches as other people are getting on them that’s wrong. I think people need to make a point by advertising that if you want you can use see coaches for free back to any UK location returning from Glastonbury. 

It works well from a personal perspective if you can get on an earlier coach or some how magically on the one you are allocated to. But if someone is booked on a particular coach they should have a guaranteed seat. Some will have missed their coaches and waited for ones they never should have been on later in the day.

All the more annoying as we killed a few hours sitting around by our tent and strolling around the site 

7 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Where are you now Carol? Got a new Marshall and made a huge difference. We're passing houses now. ☺️

In the kitchen, finishing off the cider with a lamb curry. Just got back. The teams on site have my respect, I've never seen as much around. I got a new collapsible gazebo from an abandoned group of tents near Beat Hotel, people still don't listen or tidy up. Gonna chill tomorrow, and fumigate the van.

Are you still travelling?