The 2019 Exit Thread

litmus

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

Annoying! We are supposed to leave in 5 mins but there is a queue in the way. Reckon we could have just left two hours ago instead of sitting around waiting for our ‘allotted’ time!

We got fairly lucky in the end and only waited about an hour. Some people had been there 3+ hours!

Left car park 4 at 10.00, fleet services on M3 a 1.45, quickest exit ever for me. Sat nav took me away from 303 until after Stonehenge so not sure what it's like on there. Saw about a dozen ambulances with blue lights flashing coming the other way once we got on the 303.

Left pink 56 shortly after midnight and was straight out and away. Home aroud 2 this morning and straight to bed. 

2nd load of washing in the machine,  2 adults showered and 5 year old bathed. Being clean is nice. Might have a beer.

Mate just on shuttle bus to Castle Cary after 2.5 hour queue.

1 minute ago, yehbutnobut said:

Moved about 20 car lengths in E20, coming up to 2 and half hours now. Not sure what's happened up ahead, if anyone can shed any light? Never had it this bad before, not even in 2016.

Sat by rusty pig beside the entrance to east 17 and not moving. 

IMG_20190701_131801.jpg

11 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Been sat in east for just under 2 hours now, no movement. 

Started in east 5, now 20m inside east 4... 

Got out from E last night, I tried to use brown route but only got so far and there was an unmanned gate which was closed. I wonder if its still shut given how crap it sounds you have it

• Upvote 1

Exit was the complete opposite of arrival thankfully!

Picked up my tent and bags from the lock up near Bushy Ground around 3.30am this morning. Had a short wait in a queue for the shuttle and another (very) short wait at Castle Cary to get through the ticket queue. 

I was told to get in the Sailsbury lane for Southampton but then once on the station platform I saw the Paddington trains went via Westbury (one stop compared to six) so jumped on the 5.15am as it was already there.

Arrived back in Southampton around 6.45am. Got home at 7.20am, showered and been snoozing ever since. 

Was a fab weekend but I'm so glad to be home again!

The quickest way out, but not to everyone’s taste:

Over recent years I’ve had trouble sleeping on the final night, so yet again last night, gave up at 02:15, took exactly 10 minutes to leave, drove North, through Bristol by 03:15, slept for 2 hours at Gloucester services, 1 hour at Stafford, and back home in North Manchester at 11:30. Don’t feel too bad considering. 

Good luck everyone today.

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

On the see tickets coach. The organisation is so poor. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to get on my allocated coach if I simply turned up at the right time...they just load people on and don’t give a shit what coaches people are booked on to. 

They don’t even check tickets. If anyone wants a free coach home just turn up!

Wish I'd known that. Was going to chance trying to get on a Birmingham coach but decided I didn't want to risk  being turned away. Anyway queued for the Castle Cary coach for two hours and made my train. It was late though so only caught my connection by a minute. And of course the platforms were up and down stairs!  Now safely on the Brum train.

Edited by Beerqueen

2 minutes ago, bogeybear said:

E20, 3hrs queuing and counting!

It's almost like some sick & twisted game being played out by the glasto gods for getting such close spot to the main gate... 

Friends camping in a tent close to us left after us this morning. Walked to their car in the car park, and are now at home in Weymouth already... I'm still sat stationary next to the burger van. ?

20190701_132546.jpg